Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2017, 07:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Picking up our new Minnie Plus 27bhss Wednesday

Been years since we've owned a TT, decided to get back in. We looked at many campers and actually almost bought another brand but in the end this seemed to be best quality for the money. Looking for any advice, things I should look out for, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Fred
campinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:19 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I've been really impressed with the quality of construction with my Winnie Minnie. Even in places most people will never look, things are nicely fit. Like with any camper, watch and take care of any water leaks quickly. Enjoy your new camper.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it's been a journey getting to this point.. We had initially were looking at Winnie's but due to the $$ we looked at other manufactures, even got to the point of the walk-through. 1st one failed our inspection as did the 2nd choice, that brought us back to looking at the Winnie. Was pleasantly surprised at the difference in fit/finish inside and outside. Hoping the walk-through goes well.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:40 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Well the walk-through went fine. I had them remove all the access/service panels, no issues with leaks or electrical. Had a few minor cosmetic things that we had them document and put on a work-order. Will be a few weeks before our fist trip so will set it up at the house to try and familiarize myself with things. So far so good!
Old 12-12-2017, 05:01 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Congradulations on the new camper. I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it. Now the fun begins.

Bob
Old 12-14-2017, 08:21 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

thanks! Yep, getting ready for the 1st trip.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:27 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

We purchased our 27bhss in late October and drove from the dealer to the campground. We had a great experience, with only a few very minor items and some learning curve items. We graduated from our Viking pop-up (served us for 16 yrs) to a TT. With lots of research and looks at other TT we too decided on the Winnebago. Very happy with our choice. I would like to share some QC items with the manufacture. My biggest concern is the lack of protection above the wheels. The soft insulation material is exposed and I am fearful that this will be damaged over time very poor design. They need to give future trailers some real thought in this and other Quality Control areas. Otherwise we had a very good experience on our first two trips before winterizing. We are anxiously planning and anticipating our next trips.

Have fun
Fish58fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:19 PM   #8
Winniehurn

Red face Winnie Minnie Plus Soft Underbelly

Glad you brought up the potential problem area above the dual wheels where soft waterproof fabric covers insulation. No way this will stand up to stuff flinging off the tires over time. We have a 2019 27RBDS with the same build design (or should I say lack of build design?).

I have purchased 16 gauge aluminum plate which I am cutting to fit which will cover these areas (4 segments above wheels between supports in my case) and will seal small areas around plate up with expandable foam or caulking. Have to be careful to avoid interference with slides while doing this and assuring self tapping bolts don't damage anything on opposite side of frame work. I'm also thinking of fabricating splash guards behind wheels to minimize splash onto back of trailer bottom.

There are several other areas on both sides of trailer which are built the same way but don't appear to be exposed to "wheel wash." Tackling those long termed with lighter gauge aluminum I think.

Wish me luck!!
Winniehurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:21 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Where it doesn't already exist I've been thinking of adding coroplast and sealing the edges on our 2106FBS . I asked Winnebago if it would affect the warranty and they said it wouldn't. I'm concerned road debris could cut the exposed fabric and let water in. The corplast should prevent any damage.
old_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:32 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Please post some pic's when you get done. I'd like to do the same with ours.