Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2021, 08:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New To Us! Minnie 2455BHS

Just put in our down payment on a 2019 Winnebago Minnie 2455BHS. This is our first trailer and we are looking forward to it as we both grew up camping and now we want our girls to have the same fun times like we had.

We hired an inspector to check it all over and got the dealership to agree to repair anything that the inspector found within reason. Is there anything in particular I should have the inspector look for?

Nothing racking up a $1200 Amazon cart for stuff to outfit us so when we take delivery we want to get it all ready to roll in spring.
Coles5515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 07:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations! I like the layout of that model, I'm sure your going to love it.

Suggestions for the inspection I guess would be the obvious, emphasis on roof and all caulking up there. Slide seals. Check every single appliance and system in the camper, don't just take anyone's word it works.

If it doesn't have already, get a slide out topper installed on your slide. Want to keep that water and debris off that thing and possible intrusion into camper.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Congrats Coles,
Towing safety stuff would be highest on my list. Since your new trailer is 2 years old, check for any signs of rust or decay on frame and rear bumper. Condition of brakes should be checked and proper operation of breakaway switch. Bearings should have a fresh repack. Tires the most important thing. If the tires are the originals, you should consider replacing them right away. If dealer put new cheap China bombs on it, insist on a quality ST tire.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:51 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone. I got the inspection coming up on the 24th so if all goes well should be picking it up next week Friday. Soon as I get it home it’s going in to get ceramic coated then off to storage until April. Once I get it I’ll grab some pictures and post them especially after the coating.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:52 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimes View Post
Congratulations! I like the layout of that model, I'm sure your going to love it.

Suggestions for the inspection I guess would be the obvious, emphasis on roof and all caulking up there. Slide seals. Check every single appliance and system in the camper, don't just take anyone's word it works.

If it doesn't have already, get a slide out topper installed on your slide. Want to keep that water and debris off that thing and possible intrusion into camper.
Have any preferences on the slide topper?
Old 02-25-2021, 09:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Got the inspection report back today. Very minor things my inspector found such as:

Small leak on outdoor sink - cold water line
Screen door didn’t always catch
Toilet didn’t hold water in bowl - thoughts?
Seal for slide out was not in line perfectly - thoughts?
Small area on rail was missing a dab of sealant

Overall the trailer did score in the 90s and dealer is repairing them all prior to me taking delivery tomorrow morning. You guys have any thoughts or concerns about the things I mentioned above...
Old 02-26-2021, 06:51 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

If the dealer is repairing them all, it seems like you're in a good spot. My only follow-up with the inspector (assuming nothing more was said) would be to ask if he/she looked for water damage related to the leaking outdoor sink, missing sealant, and slide-seal. You'll obviously want to make sure you are satisfied with the repairs. Toilets that don't hold water are pretty common if the seal over the valve has been allowed to dry out.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Brought it home today! Dealer fixed everything and I double checked to make sure they did. Only thing they wouldn’t do was the roof as it was still under warranty and it was within tolerances for how the roof is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	489959EF-4288-41F7-8576-E1F8AF5F437F.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	517.8 KB
ID:	177526  
Old 11-10-2021, 07:59 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

How is it working out? Looking to buy same year used, I think you scored with the white, the one I am looking at is a bright color and will be a bear to keep that way.

Found any trouble spots?
CliffordM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:37 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

So far so good. We used it about a dozen times over the course of the summer and not one issue. Knock on wood of course. Added a back up camera system which is key as this a big trailer and it works great for backing into sites and into our long driveway.

Bed isn’t my most comfy but you get use to it but overall we are very happy.
Old 11-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

That is very encouraging to hear! Thanks for the quick response!
CliffordM is offline   Reply With Quote