Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-06-2018, 07:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New to Micro Minnie Winterization. Where's the water pump?

We are new to the Micro Minnie 2108DS family. We are in the process of trying to winterize the trailer and are not sure where the water pump is that is supposed has a hose to pull the antifreeze into the water system. Can anyone help with this?

Scott and Diana
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum. Sorry I don't know, but It's in your operator's manual along with Winnebago's full recommendation on winterizing your RV.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:09 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

My manual showed me squat. I just bought a Minnie plus and went through my learning curve. How I found it was by turning it on and listening to where the sound came from. Mine was under the kitchen sink. There was a panel at the bottom held in place with two screws. Unfortunately when I found the pump with the siphon hose it was buried in ductwork and impossible to reach. I ended up putting anti freeze in the fresh water intake and pumping it in from there. I don’t think they make two of these the same. Good luck.
pj48009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

In my 2108DS the pump is under the sink cabinet floor. Remove the screws (3 or 4) and lift the panel out. The hose is kind of tucked in under the other plumbing but you can pull it out for access. Mine seems a little short as I have to tip the antifreeze jug quite a bit and then the hose doesn't easily reach the bottom of the jug. I plan to get an extra piece of hose and add it onto the existing one. Otherwise the system works really well.
You should check the manual for the sequence and for the valve locations too, I had trouble finding everything at first, once you've done it a couple of times it goes very easily.
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Water pump

On my micro Minnietge water pump is under the panel below the sink
I calle Winnebago and they sent a diagram of the plumbing
Cleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
We are new to the Micro Minnie 2108DS family. We are in the process of trying to winterize the trailer and are not sure where the water pump is that is supposed has a hose to pull the antifreeze into the water system. Can anyone help with this?

Scott and Diana
It is under your sink. you will need to remove the cover(Floor),
Attached Files
File Type: pdf water pump.pdf (270.7 KB, 567 views)
TrailerDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hi I have found if you go to a R V Dealer and Pay to winterize your unit the first time you may learn all you need to know and have the piece of mind that your unit will not Freeze up . The money spent is well worth the $$$. Best of luck
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Hi I have found if you go to a R V Dealer and Pay to winterize your unit the first time you may learn all you need to know and have the piece of mind that your unit will not Freeze up . The money spent is well worth the $$$. Best of luck
I did exactly as you recommended. I thought that perhaps I might miss some aspect of winterizing my trailer that could cause me problems.

Better safe than sorry.

If I had it to do over I would have done it all myself. The various U-Tube videos do cover every aspect of winterizing your trailer. Not having had a travel trailer before I thought it was worth the expense.

When I saw the tech. doing the winterizing and realized how easy it was I knew at that point I could have done it myself, the you tube videos covered every aspect..
TrailerDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:17 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I've started winterizing my 2020 2108DS and I can't find the water pump anywhere. I've found the water heater and the valves to bypass the hot water tank but no luck finding the pump.
Any help greatly appreciated!
efmnvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:53 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

You have to remove the floor of the cabinet under the sink. Just a couple screws and it will lift up.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:33 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, don't know how I missed it!
efmnvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:48 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Speaking of winterizing a 2108DS, I've wondered about getting antifreeze into the city water inlet. I assume a check valve is right there, but I've wondered how much plain water might be behind it. I'm hoping there's a tee in that spot so antifreeze gets right up to it, but I don't know. Perhaps another reason to blow it out with air.

Someday I'll pull the shower faucet and get a camera back there to see how it's plumbed up. Does anyone know?
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:20 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Where your water hose attaches, just the screen out and push the white pin (check valve) while the system is pressurized and the last bit of water will squirt out.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:57 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Thanks! I pried that screen a little in the past, but it was so stuck I decided it was integral to the fitting. I got it out with the help of a dental pick and it was easy to drain as you say.

Now I need to add a little hose extension as MainelyScott pointed out. It's crazy they couldn't give us 8 more inches of hose!
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump, winter