Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-12-2022, 01:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Minnie 2306BHS FLX

I picked up a 2306 FLX a few weeks ago and am trying to figure everything out. Unfortunately, my 90 minute walk through was a waste of time as they had no idea how the solar worked, Showermiser, bluetooth apps, King Wifi, etc. Just basic instruction that I already knew.

So far, I really like the unit. I am keeping it at my ranch. I parked it for 5 days with the refrigerator on and crossed my fingers that it would still be cold 5 days later. Success and my battery showed my it was at a 99% charge. Very happy with that! It was facing the sun, but was mostly rain and clouds in the pacific northwest. It is really nice to have full power. I ran the furnace one night (in the 30's at night) and it got down to 78% by morning. By the time i got back from the coffee shop, it was back up to 85%, so the panels seem to be charging nicely and it is self sufficient.

I have had to do my own research to add Bluetooth apps, figure out the Showermiser, and understand the batteries a bit better. I guess I just keep everything on unless I am storing for a long while and take everything out of the refer? At that time I can switch the batteries off? Not sure what the difference between the blue button or the full shutoff. So far, it seems to me as long as it has access to the sun, the refer will stay on no problem while I am not using it.

TV is fine, wish it was a Roku, but at least it is a smart TV. Need to add a hotspot so I can use my Google Chromecast to wirelessly cast shows from my phone. I am all ears if there is a better way as I haven't figured that out. Would be great to cast from phone to TV via BT instead of Wifi.

Stereo - the JBL Cube - is HORRIBLE. Think worse than AM radio when listening to BT music. I will be swapping out speakers ASAP. Need to figure out if I can just swap speakers in the outside protection, or if I need to get new marine speakers with the entire case as well. Might add a small 5 channel amp and a 12" sub under one of the dinette seats to fill out the sound.

King Wifi antenna: No idea if this does anything. Dealer said it was a paid service to get wifi, don't think so.

It travels and tracks great. I have a Centerline WD hitch that works great, although very loud at low speeds. I plan to add a rear view camera.

All in all, I am happy with it. Just trying to figure out the solar and how all of that works. Literature is lacking.

Near Future upgrades: Speakers inside and out, 3 stage water filter under the sink, rearview camera, and LOTS of accessories! Propane firepit has been the best one so far. I am also waiting for my Ford Lightning so I can plug into the 30amp and have power for weeks if needed!

Would love to hear thoughts and suggestions from other FLX owners!
Dawgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 02:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

FLX sounds cool. Wish I had one.
But, I do have a centerline WDH. trick to reducing noise at low speed is to lightly coat the torsion bars where they meet the frame brackets with a bit of spray on red grease. Works great and will not affect the performance of the hitch, according to Husky customer service. Do not put any lubricant on the hitch parts, and limit use of grease on ball to a very small amount if any.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the tip. So something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Berkebile-Oil.../dp/B00HFLED78

Everyone just stares at you when you pull up to a campsite or gas station. So loud!
Old 05-12-2022, 04:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We just got one too! I was curious how well the panels worked. Thanks for that info.

> I have had to do my own research to add Bluetooth apps

Which apps did you find? How did you set them up?

> Propane firepit has been the best one so far.

I was curious about that too. They mentioned that it was already a regulated outlet, and I haven't seen a portable gas grill without a regulator on it. Was wondering what folks would connect to the external gas outlet.

> All in all, I am happy with it. Just trying to figure out the solar and how all of that works. Literature is lacking.

If you find anything interesting, please let us know!
RovingMedics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgman View Post
Thanks for the tip. So something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Berkebile-Oil.../dp/B00HFLED78

Everyone just stares at you when you pull up to a campsite or gas station. So loud!
That’s the stuff. I just spray some onto the bar and spread it around with a nitrile gloved hand.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
That’s the stuff. I just spray some onto the bar and spread it around with a nitrile gloved hand.
Great, thanks!!
Old 05-12-2022, 05:32 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RovingMedics View Post
We just got one too! I was curious how well the panels worked. Thanks for that info.

> I have had to do my own research to add Bluetooth apps

Which apps did you find? How did you set them up?

> Propane firepit has been the best one so far.

I was curious about that too. They mentioned that it was already a regulated outlet, and I haven't seen a portable gas grill without a regulator on it. Was wondering what folks would connect to the external gas outlet.

> All in all, I am happy with it. Just trying to figure out the solar and how all of that works. Literature is lacking.

If you find anything interesting, please let us know!
Simple hose to replace on any firepit: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKB82HP

Worked great for this firepit: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KY4S388

Apps: Li3 Battery (gives you all battery data and charge status
FXC Control, Go Power! Connect, Truma (have to set the BT connect upfront by the batteries).

The dealership had no clue on any of this. Just trying now to get a feel for how well the battery works and how long it can last.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
If you’re speaking of the propane quick disconnect on the curbside of the trailer, it is a outlet regulated to low pressure for propane appliances, which is 0.4 psi, or 11 inches of water column. The QD will connect directly without modification to many propane appliances, like some grills, griddles, and fire pits. But not all brands of devices will work without modification. We carry a Blackstone griddle, and just plug it into the QD with the appropriate hose, and we’re cooking in no time.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:43 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Yes sir, that is the one I was wondering about. We’re looking into a Blackstone griddle as well, so your answer was perfect. We also have one of the smaller WeberQ grills.

Thanks again!
Old 05-13-2022, 05:54 AM   #10
New to this....

As far as solar goes it’s a “go power” system.
You have your panels on the roof, which connect to the charge controller. I’m curious as to what type of charge controller they put in them. PMW or MPPT?
From your charge controller wires will go to a disconnect and the. To the batteries.
Do you have a battery monitor display?
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z71 4X4 w/ 4:10 Gear Ratio 2.5" Receiver. Z82 Package.
2022 Winnebago 2301BHS, w/ Victron Solar System
Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:33 AM   #11
Site Team

Congratulations on the new rig!

The FLX is a new concept and Winnebago has sent a trainer to the dealers selling them to explain their operation. But that doesn’t mean that the dealer knows anything about the product. Maybe there is one person at your dealership that was “trained” and that one person wasn’t your delivery person.

Winnebago is separated into two (at least) divisions - motorized and towables. Each has a different approach to providing owners information. With motorhomes they give owners a detailed book of specific info on how to operate everything on their RVs. Unfortunately, this is not the case for towables and never has been. You would think for a product as complex as the FLX that this would be different… but it appears that is not the case.

I think if you go directly to the website of each manufacturer of each of the FLX subsystems you’ll find detailed info on the operation of each system. For instance, the GoPower website will have details on their Apps and how their product operates. I think your house battery is a Lithionics brand battery - so check with their website. Same for Showermiser, etc.

Some things like the King WiFi is kind of a marketing gimmick. It only works if you buy some of their other King products, which you may not want to do.

One last word. Don’t put too much trust into your battery and solar panels. They can leave you powerless if you demand too much from them. Leaving everything on for days when you cannot be present to check on every aspect of their operation can not only let you down, but that expensive Lithionics battery can be damaged.

We have a few other FLX owners here and they were left pretty much in the dark from their dealership as well.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:23 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Congratulations on the new rig!

One last word. Don’t put too much trust into your battery and solar panels. They can leave you powerless if you demand too much from them. Leaving everything on for days when you cannot be present to check on every aspect of their operation can not only let you down, but that expensive Lithionics battery can be damaged.

We have a few other FLX owners here and they were left pretty much in the dark from their dealership as well.
Thanks, I am slowly figuring it out. Would be nice maybe to have someone at corporate to walk through things with early adopters. So you are saying you don't feel the solar can keep the refrigerator going and stay charged? So far it has been working. I go to my ranch property about 1 or 2 days a week and when I get there, it is showing 99% charge from my Lithionics app.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:43 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Thanks, I am slowly figuring it out. Would be nice maybe to have someone at corporate to walk through things with early adopters. So you are saying you don't feel the solar can keep the refrigerator going and stay charged? So far it has been working. I go to my ranch property about 1 or 2 days a week and when I get there, it is showing 99% charge from my Lithionics app.
With 2x 190w on the roof, you’ve got plenty of power to run your Dometic DM4101 endlessly. The fridge, nominally, uses 50amphrs/day, unless it’s really hot outside, 85F or above, it will use a bit more. I keep mine going with just a 120w portable panel. And, on drive days, your tv alternator will supply the fridge with all the amperage it needs through the 7-pin. So, have a ball. You have a great setup. And, I really don’t see how you could damage your Lithionics, unless you attempt to charge it when the battery temp is below 32F. THE BMS makes it pretty much impervious from typical FLA concerns, like low voltage, deep DOD, or over current. You may want to read the Lithionics manual, or call them if you didn’t get a manual to determine if the battery has low-temp charging cutoff. That’s very important, even if your battery is mounted inside the trailer. It may take a while for your trailer to heat up to above freezing when you first use it after an overnight freeze. In winter, before charging, I turn on the furnace and open the inside doors to the pass thru for about 30 minutes before attempting to charge my LiFePo4.

You won’t get much help on the forum for the Truma components, but everything else you have is in lots of rvs. So don’t be afraid to ask.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:48 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Thanks! Very happy so far, kind of a set it and forget it trailer with the solar. Just magically keeps everything powered up and don't have to worry about finding a plug in. I do plan on taking it up to the mountains to ski, so I will do more research on the batteries in cold weather.

FYI, my fridge is a 12 volt 10 cu/ft. GE fridge. Nice fridge! Only complaint so far is the stereo, but that will be fixed soon. Decent head unit, hooks up to BT right away, but just sounds like garbage.

Next step is to figure out how much gas I am using having the heat on at night and the firepit/cooktop. Still trying to figure out the Truma as well. It has a night time mode, but sometimes the fan kicks on at max and then settles down when heating.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:37 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

If you have consistently freezing nighttime temps, you can add a tank heating pad beneath the batteries and even insulate the battery compartment. Just put the battery heating pads on a separate switch from the tank heaters so you don't have to run the tank heaters when the tanks are empty. If you get a heating pad with a thermostat, you could just leave the switch on and it will not turn on the pad until the temp drops below 46 degrees.

By keeping the battery compartment above 32, the solar panels will be able to start charging the batteries much earlier on freezing mornings than they would if waiting on daytime temps to warm them. The tank heaters may draw the batts down more at night than the fridge does, but the batts can be discharged below freezing, they just can't be recharged. So getting an earlier start on recharging from the solar should make up for any extra heat pad discharge.
Fanrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 07:16 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Next step is to figure out how much gas I am using having the heat on at night and the firepit/cooktop. Still trying to figure out the Truma as well. It has a night time mode, but sometimes the fan kicks on at max and then settles down when heating.
I was looking into that as well today.. Truma makes a device called "LevelCheck" for LP cylinders that looks interesting. Otherwise I guess we're getting a couple gauges to check on how much fuel we still have.

Did you discover anything interesting with it? (we have not. haven't set up the app yet.)
Old 05-24-2022, 02:19 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I was looking into that as well today.. Truma makes a device called "LevelCheck" for LP cylinders that looks interesting. Otherwise I guess we're getting a couple gauges to check on how much fuel we still have.

Did you discover anything interesting with it? (we have not. haven't set up the app yet.)
I did find the night time mode scrolling through the thermostat. It keeps things very quiet. Just got a bunch of boxes delivered - water filter, cover for the jack, racks for inside the cabinet, hitch lock, speakers (inside for now), soap dispenser that matches filter spigot and sink, drawer and cabinet organizers, etc. Should be a busy weekend adding everything while camping!

I'll have to look into the Truma level check. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:30 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Wanna know the tank measuring system that never fails and you never have to worry about running out of propane?

If you have two 20# tanks, just buy a third 20# tank, and carry it (full) in the truck bed. When one of the tanks on the tongue runs out, swap it out with the one in the truck bed. When that one runs out, you still have a full tank remaining, giving you plenty of time to take the two empties to Tractor Supply and fill them up. So, why bother measuring? The one in the truck bed can also be used to fuel your propane generator, or a gas grill.
Old 05-25-2022, 03:50 AM   #19
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
If you’re speaking of the propane quick disconnect on the curbside of the trailer, it is a outlet regulated to low pressure for propane appliances, which is 0.4 psi, or 11 inches of water column. The QD will connect directly without modification to many propane appliances, like some grills, griddles, and fire pits. But not all brands of devices will work without modification. We carry a Blackstone griddle, and just plug it into the QD with the appropriate hose, and we’re cooking in no time.
Most LPG appliances (especially ones that take the 1 lb. bottles) have a regulator on the fitting. I believe the modification(s) you're referring to is to replace the regulator fitting assembly with a simple QD fitting since the LPG line on the trailer is already regulated.
Old 06-16-2022, 08:30 PM   #20
Winnebago Watcher

New FLX owner here as well. Picked up the 2100BH about a week ago. So far I'm loving the ability to use everything off battery. Only issue I found was a loose cold water line leading to the toilet. Glad I did my own walk through and test run on everything before this weekends trip. Setting up the inverter and battery seems a bit of a pain. All the settings in the apps are the default from factory ones. Had to select the LiFepo4 for the inverter. Also I've been messing about with the combination of buttons and switches and it seems the main breaker, and batter must be on to charge. Inverter can be off I think. I'll check it tomorrow morning to see if it's taking the charge. Any input is appreciated as like most of you said the dealer and service dept are clueless. Towing with an E2 weight distribution hitch on my 2019 tacoma. So far I'm impressed how well it pulls.
JMotto is offline   Reply With Quote