Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-11-2023, 12:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Mini Winnie FLX leak at wheel well

Picked up my 2022 FLX in CO. Owner had it stored at Camping World and they winterized without him knowing. I have flushed all the systems removing the pink anti freeze. However, when I turn on the city water, I am getting a water coming out above the wheel well on the door side of the trailer. If I release/open the low water drain it flows out and the wheel well leak stops. It appears that I missed something during the de-winterization. Help please.
PAPA HOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 12:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Based on the location of the leak you provided, it sounds like the leak is originating from the pump, or pump connections. Remove the luan panel under the kitchen sink. You’ll see the pump sitting there. There are two sets of valve. One valve goes to a hose with an open end. That’s the winterizing hose. This valve should be closed after deWinterizing. The other is the valve on the hose to the fresh water tank. This valve should be open after de-winterizing. If it’s closed and you turn the pump on, the pump may force water out past the hose clamp. While you’re there, tighten all the hose clamps, and watch the connections when you turn on the pump. If it’s still leaking from the connections, likely either a hose is split and needs replacement, or one of the valves is shot, which will require replacement.

Once you’ve determined it’s not the pump connections causing the leak. Turn on city water connection, and see if you can isolate where the leak is. It helps to remove the drawer under the range, and maybe remove the drawers under the counter. You can poke your head into the opening with a headlamp on and look right at the area around the wheel wheel. There are hoses with hose clamps there as well. Tighten all hose clamps and that should stop the leak. Make sure you have all a/c and dc power disconnected when making the repai because you could cause a short and electrocution because all the wires leading to the distribution panel are right there as well.
Old 05-19-2023, 11:19 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply and information. Turns out that the water leak was coming from the connector on the sprayer plastic valve. My best guess is that the winterization of that connector was not thorough and freezing caused it to expand and crack. I was able to go to Home Depot and purchase a 1/2" male to female coupler to fix. It doesn't have the back-flow valve. I will attempt to order from Winnebago to replace down the road. Thanks again!
Old 05-19-2023, 01:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPA HOUSE View Post
Thanks for the reply and information. Turns out that the water leak was coming from the connector on the sprayer plastic valve. My best guess is that the winterization of that connector was not thorough and freezing caused it to expand and crack. I was able to go to Home Depot and purchase a 1/2" male to female coupler to fix. It doesn't have the back-flow valve. I will attempt to order from Winnebago to replace down the road. Thanks again!
When looking at RV plumbing, there may be a time when you canget the same parts, like a check valve, and not have to pay the higher price of RV specific, nor have to wait to get anything specific.
Just a local big box store may have one that works the same and cut the line to add it?
I'm not looking at the job so it may not fit, etc. but just a thought to throw in.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 01:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, Yes, I was able to the connector at HD. I had to add two connectors together to match the same length. But it worked out in the end. Probably won't order a replacement from W. Only thing missing was the back flow and I don't think I'll need it for this utility sprayer.

Tags
leak