Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-24-2020, 07:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

New Micro Minnie on lot for 3 years

Good evening everyone. We are in the market for a TT. We have done research for the last year on manufacturers and models. It was exhausting but we have decided on Winnebago. We have rented in the past. We are now wanting to purchase a used TT. We are interested in either a 2108fbs (my choice) or a 2200ss (her choice). We have located a 2019 MM2108fbs. We thought it was used but it isn’t. It is a new 2019 model but has been on the lot for 3 years. The dealer has said they do their routine maintenance on lot models but three years is a long time. I had the manager do a live video walkthrough with me and asked questions but I am in unfamiliar territory. I’ve read the owner manual for 2019 TT from the Winnebago website but did not find anything about what to look for on a trailer in long term storage. I’m wary. The 2200ss is 2018 model and am meeting the lot manager tomorrow for a walkthrough and Q&A. But, What are your thoughts on the issue with the 2108 being on the lot for 900 days and what are the concerns? Thanks in advance for any input. Cheers everyone.
cjbbgmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Seals leaking because they were dry for so long- water pump and toilet. Check all systems for functioning. Otherwise no big deal sitting for that long. Should pay only a few bucks more than for the used 2018, nowhere near current new price. When you go to sell the “new” one down the road, the two will sell for the same.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

if you decide its the one, make sure EVERYTHING works. water pump, toilet etc. Also bargin for NEW TIRES as the 3yr old tires will have flat spots, probably have weather checking etc. If they wont do, go cheap on price as a set of good ones (5) will run $600 or better. Check awning, ac EVERYTHING.

Just went to Texas to pickup a TT my son in law got off the net. Brand new but they wanted $8-1500 to move to AZ, cost them $500 for fuel hotels for us to get it. Found a lot of little nit noids to have them fix prior to leaving with it.
hank857 is offline   Reply With Quote