Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-05-2021, 09:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

My 2022 2108DS on order

Ordered 2022 2108DS about three weeks ago has anyone got one yet
Rotocon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:06 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Rotocon,
The 2108 Dual Sofa is a great floor plan. You can read other posts about the 2108DS here.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 10-06-2021, 03:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply Eagle 5
Old 10-07-2021, 03:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Picked up our 2022 2108DS an hour ago. Our plan has one sofa and the dinette slide out. We are beginning our travel journey close to home for shake down runs and head west next year. ��
Old 10-07-2021, 07:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thats a good sign I’m in north fl.still waiting this is my first trailer and first pickup truck down sizing from class a and tow dolly, will not miss it ! we’re getting the two sofa layout .I’m glad to hear from you
Old 10-08-2021, 05:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

When we bought our 2020 2108DS, we really liked the layout and appearance of the interior. Loved the high axle. After a year and three long trips, my opinion has modified. We have experienced major to minor repairs on every outing. Worst was the slide out failure. Lippert Components in Elkhart, Ind. fixed it and did not charge me because Winnebago failed to install the unit correctly. Tore itself off the wall of the camper. Trim pieces began falling off the inside slideout paper frame. It is was installed with staples and glue. The oven door fell off twice during towing, so I now tape it in place. Recently, the refrigerator door handle/latch broke. It now gets taped. The valves for the gray water and black water dump froze up on our second trip. Had to buy a gate valve that fits over the end of the sewer pipe. One of the burners on the stove fell apart. Electrical gremlins have plagued this camper from the start. One mysterious ailment turned out to be a faulty circuit breaker, a 30/15 miniature breaker that didn't show tripped. Part was discontinued in 2017 but installed in my 2020 unit. Try finding a replacement for that. I ended up with a newer 30/20 breaker. I hope that Winnebago did a better job on your new 2108DS and that you can enjoy your travels without one breakage after another. This will be my last travel trailer.
Old 10-08-2021, 06:51 AM   #7
Site Team

That’s a scary list. The Slide issue would concern me the most. So glad that you got that fixed. However, the oven/stove issues have nothing to do with Winnebago.

We all know the pain of failed components in our RV but as you work through issues you can gain confidence for future trips.

Best of luck for the fall camping season.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:18 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Woodsy,
So sorry you had some issues with your 2108ds. Sounds like almost everything except the slide issue was component problems that Winnebago or any other RV manufacturer probably would not have caught during final inspection. I must have gotten lucky, because there were only a few non-critical issues on my 2021b. When I was off level setting up, the slide going out caught the molding on the paper-mache like surround under the dinette and basically “exploded the luan paneling on both sides of the dinette. No biggie. I fixed some other stuff, but can’t seem to isolate the electrical problem with my range hood. Oh well, considering we’ve put on about 7,000 miles so far this year, I think I was fortunate to get a relatively good build.
Old 10-13-2021, 04:53 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruser711 View Post
Picked up our 2022 2108DS an hour ago. Our plan has one sofa and the dinette slide out. We are beginning our travel journey close to home for shake down runs and head west next year. ��
Did your new 2108DS have the Goodyear Tires and a rear trailer hitch receiver on it??
Randyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:24 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

2108 DS Owner

Hi,

I bought my 2108DS in August of 2018 and had a few minor issues with it. There was a problem with the passenger side front window not draining properly and there was a small leak under the door but both issues were easily fixed. Once I had the trap on the kitchen sink pop loose but that was most likely due to just not having it tight enough and as I drove the vibrations caused it to come apart.

So far I have really enjoyed by trailer and found it to be very comfortable. One minor issue I had this fall was dropping the remote for the TV behind or rather under the Murphy bed but one of the people on the forum told me about an access panel in the front compartment that opens up the area under the bed so I was able to retrieve the remote.

For the last two years I have done the winterization myself and found it very easy to do. The water pump is easy to access under there front sink and the hot water tank bypass valves are readily accessible under the bathroom sink. This season I cleaned and flushed the hot water tank in preparation for winter storage.

I guess what I am saying is the camper is a great small coach for a single person or a couple. It has a well thought out floor plan, plenty of storage, easy to tow and very comfortable. I hope all 2108DS owners will enjoy their camper as much as I have and hope to in the future.

Happy Camping all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64652110782__7D1AE922-B0A2-49FE-A91F-12C1EC5C1802.fullsizerender.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	647.2 KB
ID:	181068  
Bughawk is offline   Reply With Quote