Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Minnie plus 27RBDS

Hi my name is Chris and I have been camping for the better part of 40 years and I know that you do not buy a trailer today without some issues. I have personally owned at least five trailers. I would just like to leave a review of the relatively new Winnebago mini plus travel trailer that I purchased last August 2018. My dealer Flag RV in West Boylston did an excellent job in their sale and also attempted to resolve several issues that were found on a brand new mini plus 27RBDS trailer that I purchased from them. I had returned the trailer several times for warranty repair work within the first month of ownership for some issues. This spring 2019 we opened up the trailer to hopefully have a great summer camping but too our surprise there were three new puddles of water that had occurred from additional leaks from the roof and or slideout. That was it for us we needed to return the unit take a financial loss and realize that the name Winnebago does not mean top quality anymore. My wife and I returned the unit and purchased a brand new 2020 Forest River travel trailer and have been pleasantly surprised at the quality and craftsmanship that they have put in to their trailers. I'm going to leave a list of issues that we suffered through so that if any of you good folks out there that own a similar trailer may consider looking into before it's too late Best of luck . Chris. Ongoing Issues with RV some have been addressed somewhat. Purchase date 8/30/18 Returned date 4/1/19 List below.
1-Range hood fan works intermittently. 2-Ceiling molding directly above refrigerator freezer has been pulled away from wall. 3-Wallpaper in bedroom lower half peeling away. 4-Bumper caps fell off on first trip on Highway. 5- Where carpet is fastened to the floor at the edge of the linoleum there are nails or staples sticking through the carpet. 6-Water leak from shower pan piping at back of trailer where piping goes through the plastic liner. 7-Water leak in awning above left side of man door. 8-Freshwater tank fill leaking into trailer floor found inside connections . 9-Tv antenna turning handle disconnected unable to use, also antenna is blocked by air conditioner unit on roof, should be installed at least 3 feet from air conditioner unit and at top of roof line for best reception according to antenna manufacturer. 10-Kitchen counters cracked, and or deep scratch and different finishes need to be replaced or resurfaced. 11- Multiple openings in the base under belly cover and in the upper floor were rodents can enter. Kink in water pump hose in back cabinet reduced flow. 12-Screw heads popping off on outside moldings. 13- Panelling separating from inside wall of front outside cabinet. 14-Screws coming out in framework of front cabinet door frames, doors unable to close and secure properly. 15- Unable to open bedroom window when door is open fully. 16-Kitchen slide out causing creases in outdoor canopy when canopy is lowered on one side for rain runoff this will lead to a tear or premature failure. 17- Excessively noisy fridge vent fan, constant operation when dry camping with propane gas operation needed to replace fan. 18- Kitchen island end cabinet panel popped off never fastened properly.19- Fresh water city fill fitting in front cabinet leaking, had to add double washers and 45 degree fitting to stop leak while connected to water source and moved inlet pipe over drain in floor to address future leaks.20- I needed to trace the battery circuit to reveal a resettable circuit breaker under the trailer and on the frame so I could use my perfectly good 3 year old battery upon delivery of this trailer. 21-Main panel ground lug on trailer frame was hanging and not connected the weld had broken off. Installed new ground screw into frame and anti compound paste.22-Water leak in the bedroom water found on floor and under bed.23-Water still leaking from new canopy at main door so i cleaned out gutter and resealed with silicone.24-I needed to reroute plumbing that was kinked and limiting water flow through the water heater in the back cabinet.25- I needed to install a second washer and angle pipe fitting on the fresh water fill point to stop cabinet leaks. 26-Water found under main slide out when i opened trailer in spring without opening slide outs. 27-water leaks in all slidouts. 28- decorative moldings separating from walls and splitting and coming apart. Kitchen island countertop needed to be rebuffed and surfaced because it was in such poor condition. Returned unit for a loss, obviously a lemon.
frdoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

#20 - can you tell me more specifically where you found the 12v ircuit breaker on the frame? Thanks!
ColEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:26 AM   #3
Winniehurn

I have same 27RBDS with only a few of above noted issues. No electrical issues yet. Resolved awning rub on kitchen slide out by splitting one side of swimming pool noodle and sliding it across full length of slide out top flange each time we set up. 1 small roof leak where front fiberglass nose cover adjoins roof. Added sealant to one suspicious looking spot on seam, appears that fixed it. Noted other concerns in previous postings that I resolved myself. Air conditioner failed within a year but replaced under warranty.

Having only had one other trailer, not a lot of experience with typical issues with new RV's. Our first was a Camplite which I feel had better build quality than our Minnie Plus.
Winniehurn is offline   Reply With Quote