Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-05-2021, 01:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Minnie Drop 210RBS replacement vent hood?

I need to replace the vent hood and I don't have any information in my owners bag about part number etc. If anyone here has had to replace theirs would you mind pointing me in the direction of what I need? I'm assuming it is Dometic, but if there is something "better" out there I'd love to know.

As a side question, I was emphatically told not to get on the roof. I felt like this was more of a warning not to set up camping chairs and hangout, but does this include shimmying over to swap out hoods? I'm 165lbs...

Thanks in advance for any help!
Mmm_Drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmm_Drop View Post
I need to replace the vent hood and I don't have any information in my owners bag about part number etc. If anyone here has had to replace theirs would you mind pointing me in the direction of what I need? I'm assuming it is Dometic, but if there is something "better" out there I'd love to know.

As a side question, I was emphatically told not to get on the roof. I felt like this was more of a warning not to set up camping chairs and hangout, but does this include shimmying over to swap out hoods? I'm 165lbs...

Thanks in advance for any help!
The roof of all the drop trailers is frame supported and designed to give as the material expands and contracts. It is not very thick and is bonded fibre glass and insulation that can flex instead of crack like an ofd Corvette can in cold weather with an ice and snow load. That being said the material needs to have even load and can take on a set if a point load of a foot depresses it in between the aluminium rail support frame.

I would imagine that a padded frame walking platform to distribute the weight to the skeleton aluminium frame, needs to be used if one is going to work on the top of the trailer.

If your vent is not the type that has an a dual external switch that raises the lid the part should be fairly common and available at e-trailer.com. The power lift one we have in our winnie drop does not seem to have a replacement lid available on line but yours may differ. If it is a fantastic fan then the cover is easy to replace but if the unit is like ours and has an electric cover lift then you may need to replace the whole unit especially if the gear driven lever vent lift is broken or stripped out.

Here is a link to the a matched replacement for our bathroom fan if we need to replace one. Your best bet is to call etrailer with the part number of the fan you have on your trailer. There should be a name brand on the interior frame or you can take a photo of it and they will help you match it and tell you if you can get a replacement cover for your fan.

They were great for finding the exact spec Lippert axle lift kit with factory spec hardware and the same high quality machine OEM grade bolts nuts and washes used to build the first Winnie drops. They seem to be the best source for obscure trailer parts.
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-an...17802424102032
reeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Reeman! I just need the plastic shell and will reach out to eTrailer to see about getting the replacement.
Mmm_Drop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, vent