Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-17-2022, 12:19 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

The more I think about it the more it irritates me.

Think about it, they want us to hook up our TT and drive it to them for them to inspect a potential safety issue. What if we do have an issue? Is it a good idea to hook it up and take it on the road to them?

Heck no! They should be coming to us to inspect it and not recommend anyone to use their TT until it has been inspected. What if it fails on the way?

I gotta say... there seems to be a severe lack of common sense here.
Old 05-18-2022, 02:13 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
The more I think about it the more it irritates me.

Think about it, they want us to hook up our TT and drive it to them for them to inspect a potential safety issue. What if we do have an issue? Is it a good idea to hook it up and take it on the road to them?

Heck no! They should be coming to us to inspect it and not recommend anyone to use their TT until it has been inspected. What if it fails on the way?

I gotta say... there seems to be a severe lack of common sense here.
I completely agree!!! Yeah, it may come apart and kill someone. So you need to hook it up, drive over a hundred miles to get it inspected.

The recalled stated if the dealer wouldn't take care of it, they would send someone out to fix it, if needed. How about just sending someone out to inspect/fix without putting it on the road?????
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 05:36 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I didn't know there was an option to have someone come out to inspect/fix it at your location. If I were in doubt about my coupler welds that is the route I would take. But as you stated, they should be doing this anyway since it's a potentially serious safety issue.
Old 05-18-2022, 06:03 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Actually, I guess I misread the letter. Here is what the letter states, in part:

"WHAT WE WILL DO
Winnebago Towables dealers will inspect and if necessary install a new coupler on you RV This will be at no charge to you.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
Please contact your Winnebago Towables dealer immediately to arrange for an appointment. The labor time necessary to perform this correction depending on the repair will be approximately 2 hours. Please allow additional time for the dealer to process your vehicle. Winnebago Towables dealers are best equipped to obtain parts and provide service to ensure your vehicle is corrected as promptly as possible. HOWEVER, if you take your vehicle to the dealer on the agreed
date and he does not service this condition on that date or within five days, we recommend you contact Winnebago Towables, Attn.: Customer Service at (574) 825-5250. If you are still unable to obtain such service without charge to you and within a reasonable time, you may contact the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue S.E., Washington, DC 20590 or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 [TTY: (800) 424-9153] or go to
http://www.safercar.gov. "

I like how they state they will repair it at no cost to the owner (other than getting it to the dealer to get repaired). LOL
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 04:29 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

What THEY should do

At a minimum, Winnebago should offer a cash incentive of say $200+parts for the owner to repair it at a local facility, if they so choose.

Tags
recall