Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-07-2022, 07:56 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn View Post
Do you know if the hardware match was only available from Winnebago?
I called Winnebago and found they had what I wanted and the prices were fine so I ordered and never looked back. I also ordered in mid-2019 for a 2019 model year so they may have been easy to get at that point in the lifecycle.
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 10:27 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

I called Winnebago on Friday May 6th, I was 1st in Q and I waited on hold for 45 minutes then hung up.
Bcborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 04:54 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I called Winnebago on Friday May 6th, I was 1st in Q and I waited on hold for 45 minutes then hung up.
Got through today and they will send me dimensions of every door that fits the profile and color of the OEM cabinets.

They have the original style hinges, but only a close match to the door handles. They also have seam tape up to 12" wide x the foot to recover any wood that is marked up.

Parts will cost under $10, weigh nothing and fit in a shipping envelope and shipping will cost $40 min to West Coast Wow.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:58 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Todd, where you able to find a cabinet door shop that was able to make the exact same door profile to match your existing profiles?

I contacted on firm locally and they do not have the OEM profile.

This is what the cooktop removal looks like. The original stove base is sitting loose at cooktop level to show the extra storage available.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cupboard Opening.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	182806  
Old 05-11-2022, 08:15 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
This is what the cooktop removal looks like. The original stove base is sitting loose at cooktop level to show the extra storage available.
Thanks for sharing. I'm interested in seeing how this mod works out. I plan on doing something similar.
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 11:16 AM   #26
Winnie-Wise

This would be a very simple modification if you choose not to use the optional glass cover.

Using the glass cover requires modification to the cabinet to allow for the cutout that the flush-mount glass cover (3087A) frame sits on.

As I want to have additional counter space for prepwork a cover of some sort is required. I'm looking at the option of getting a piece of counter (cut up table, if material not available) that I can drop in that flushes out with the counter top.

Going this route I have two options;

1) Sit that new piece of counter right on the grate

2) Cut back original counter 1/2" (right/Left) beyond required cooktop opening and drop the new piece of counter on the cabinet wall that secures the cooktop in place.

These two options will be perfectly flush to the counter top, as the thickness of the glass cooktop frame (hinge too) rests on the counter edge raising it up slightly.

Stay tuned lol.
Old 05-11-2022, 02:17 PM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
This would be a very simple modification if you choose not to use the optional glass cover.

Using the glass cover requires modification to the cabinet to allow for the cutout that the flush-mount glass cover (3087A) frame sits on.

Stay tuned lol.
I finally got confirmation from Suburban today. There are only two options;

1) install it like the original oven is installed and the grate sits above the counter.

2) Purchase the Glass Cooktop Cover and modify the counter and cabinet face to accept the Glass Cooktop Cover.

The counter sunk install has the opening widened and the cooktop then rests on the lip of the glass cooktop framework see pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image001.png
Views:	31
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	182820   Click image for larger version

Name:	image002.png
Views:	31
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	182821  

Attached Images

Old 02-21-2024, 06:23 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

BC Born,
I have a 2019 2106DS. It has the suburban stove top/oven combo. It’s the one with the raised metal top. I’d like to replace it stovetop with a flat glass one. It looks like in ur pic you may have just replaced the top with a glass one? Am I correct? If so, was it just a drop in or do I have make mods to the cabinet or counter top? Any info helpful. Thanks!
Josh
JoshBap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 06:29 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

In other words, that stove top you got with the glass…..you were able to separate the old stove top from the oven and replace with that one, with just some minor mods to the support for the lip of the frame? Thank u
JoshBap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 07:29 PM   #30
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBap View Post
In other words, that stove top you got with the glass…..you were able to separate the old stove top from the oven and replace with that one, with just some minor mods to the support for the lip of the frame? Thank u
No, I purchased a complete stand alone cooktop and glass cover. The unit I bought was slightly wider than the 2017 cooktop/oven combination I took out.

https://www.amazon.com/Suburban-3600...2-63e904010ad0

https://suburbanrvparts.com/suburban...bi-fold-glass/

The 2019 cooktop/oven that you have is likely available as a cooktop only and thus no changes to the cabinet width would be required.

You would have to compare your model number to the available cooktop only specs. Both units being made by Suburban my bet it would be a drop in change.

I was switching from a different brand to Suburban. Maybe other brands Atwood, Furrion may work as well.

Tags
storage