Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-13-2020, 04:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Highpointe Microwave issue

Hi,
I have a Winnebago View model 24D with a Highpointe Microwave. It always worked great but about a month ago, the door would get stuck closed and wouldn't fully open. While searching for a way to fix it, I found a way to insert a flat spatula and get it open so I could use it. Apparently there is no way to get in touch with Highpointe and I can't find a part for it. This weekend, it started cutting off after heating up a frozen dinner and the lights would go off like it had no power. Then in a few minutes, it would turn back on so I wondered if it was overheating.
Any one with any advice on either issue or a reccommendation on a new one to purchase to replace it.
Djhdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I don't have a model, but I would highly recommend an "Inverter" microwave for any type of microwave purchase. Most microwaves cycle on and off to give partial power (e.g. 70% might be on for 14 seconds, off for 6). An inverter microwave actually reduces the power and applies it constantly. That keeps food from splattering from too much heat being applied.

But more importantly, for RV use it probably also reduces the power draw when not operating at full power. That could be important if you're running on generator or with AC running, etc. I'm just not sure of a model small enough to fit a typical RV space.

FWIW, last time I looked Consumer Reports didn't even mention this as a feature in their buying decisions. /rolleyes
Old 07-13-2020, 06:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the advice. That is why I wanted advice. I was worried about the difference in how an RV microwave worked.
Djhdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as an "RV microwave". They are just small units like they sell at Walmart.
GaryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:31 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

We had a Highpointe convection microwave installed in our Minnie Winnie when we bought it. It came with a 2 page "user manual", but it was virtually useless for the keyboard operation which was not intuitive at all.

The DW searched the internet and discovered there was no information at all available for "Hightpointe" microwaves. She searched further and eventually found a couple models of Cuizenart (sp) that looked exactly like the Highpointe. She downloaded the user guide and it was indeed useful for the hightpointe.

Perhaps that might work for your parts needs.