Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2021, 07:19 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Micro Minnie wiring diagram

I was in need of a good wiring diagram for my 2108DS, so I contacted Winnebago (who responded very quickly!!) and got some info. I decided to draw up a very accurate diagram of the wiring. I believe this wiring is fairly generic among the Winnebago TT's, so even my generalization to "Micro Minnie" might not be general enough. I know there is an specific forum for electric topics, but thought I'd catch the attention of the TT owners. If the admins want to move the thread, that's fine.

The attached diagram was done in inkscape (which is SVG). Please volunteer to help if you are interested . Inkscape is free. The diagram is for what I'll call the "external" wiring of the trailer. That is, this diagram does NOT include the branch circuits hanging off the 12v breaker panel. That's a diagram for another day. It also does not include 120v circuits. For this post I'll attach as a PNG. It is designed to perfectly fit a letter size sheet of paper, and I can trivially produce a PDF for printing.

I intend to break the diagrams into layers so I can produce diagrams with and without all the running lights and extra busy stuff. I suspect most want a diagram for adding solar, or for simply understanding how the jack and slide are powered different from the branch circuits.

This is a draft. In particular, the slide and awning circuit is suspect. I tried to show every point where a junction is made, even if it is simply two wires crimped together. Now that it's getting to be spring outside, my plan is to get under the rig and cross check stuff. Let me know if you spot things you know aren't correct. Of course we might learn of wiring differences between models.

Only two things have really caught my attention. First, that "hidden" manual breaker in the junction box is only 30A. That's what Winnebago's diagram says. I'm skeptical as I've run more than 30A to the battery before (but not by much). So maybe it's a 40 or 50. The other is that the 12v power from the tow vehicle (pin 4) has no protection at all to the battery. If it shorts, it'll melt as far as I can see. The brake-a-way is the same way, but considering the function it adds, I can see the need for the risk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2108DS 12v wiring diagram v01.png
Views:	7358
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	177864  
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 01:04 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

It got warmer and it was dry under the RV so I did a little sleuthing. I confirmed a few things, found a few corrections, but still have a couple mystery wires.

I'll attach 3 images. The updated schematic, an annotated photo of the junction box, and a photo of the 30A breaker. You can see on the annotated photo that there are two remaining red wires I haven't matched up with anything. They appear to be 12ga. One goes forward and one aft.

You can see I went to the trouble to pull out the breaker to see what I'm dealing with. These are easy to find online, and it really is a 30A breaker! Note the reset button which is on the bottom.

I wonder how much tolerance this 30A breaker has. I've seen higher draw from the battery, but only very briefly (as measured by my Victron shunt). If I upgrade this 6ga wire, I'll obviously need to upgrade that breaker as well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2108DS 12v wiring diagram v02.png
Views:	6827
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	177872   Click image for larger version

Name:	2108DS 12v breakout box annotated.png
Views:	1785
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	177873  

Name:	20210320_131259.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	177874  
Old 03-20-2021, 02:40 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Doh! I added the awning when I realized it was missing. But just now it occurs to me that the awning is on a 12v branch circuit via the fuse panel. So I'll pull it out of this particular schematic.

I may need to call Winnebago about my two mystery wires. One is in the same crimp connector as the brake-a-way and therefore has no fuse protection from the battery, unless it has an inline fuse somewhere on the path. The other mystery wire is on the other side of the 30A breaker so has protection from the battery. I'm thinking this one might go to the slide control switch, while the black wire from the 20A auto fuse goes to the LCI slide controller.

Both of these wires will have battery power when the battery disconnect is off. Since I've accounted for the jack, I'm assuming they are slide related. But maybe I'll find something else has power when the battery disconnect is off.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Great work

Nice Job! I have a 2018 Mini Drop. Thinking that this is pretty close so I making a copy to keep in the trailer. Thanks.
B RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 03:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I’m off at the campground and can’t really see the schematic on my phone. Forgive me if you’ve accounted for this, but could that mystery 12 gauge that is unprotected from the battery be the positive lead from the solar connector?

Mine has the equivalent, but 10 gauge since they swapped to prep for roof mounted solar.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:48 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by B RAD View Post
Nice Job! I have a 2018 Mini Drop. Thinking that this is pretty close so I making a copy to keep in the trailer. Thanks.
I'm glad to help. I figure diagrams like this are good to work from for solar planning, too. Or for those head scratchers like when things don't work and you didn't know an inline fuse or breaker existed .

My wife just solved the problem of the forward mystery wire! She started brainstorming. Her: brakes? Me: nope...blue and white. Her: jack? Me: nope, got that one marked. Her: solar? Me: nope...no solar. Wait! I DO have solar! That silly zamp connector. This is a 2019 model -- the new ones go to the roof I believe. But I bet the wires go the same way.

I'll draw up another update. I'll post as PDF for ease of printing. Anyone can PM me for the inkscape original if you want to do some work on it.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:50 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtrack15 View Post
I’m off at the campground and can’t really see the schematic on my phone. Forgive me if you’ve accounted for this, but could that mystery 12 gauge that is unprotected from the battery be the positive lead from the solar connector?
Yep...that was it! One mystery down. I really do suspect the other one (on the other side of the 30A breaker) goes to the control panel slide switch.
Old 03-20-2021, 04:48 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Ok, here's the latest. I added the solar connector and left the name generic since it should be the same for zamp vs. roof entry. I made it a PDF for printing, but hopefully it will be easily readable via the computer/phones too.

I speculatively edited the slide wiring to be what I *think* it is (including the remaining "mystery" red wire). Beware of that for now. At some point I'll pull open the control panel above the sink and see if I can verify. I'm getting pretty confident in the rest of it. Note also I only show two wheels. I figure the other two will just muddy up the drawing. I believe the wire goes to the street side wheels and then crosses over to the sidewalk side. If you happen to have your wheels off for some maintenance (or are crawling under there) let me know what you find. While this drawing is a schematic, I'm also attempting to give physical connection/position hints as well.

PM me or reply here if you think anything is in error. I'm editing fast enough I could believe anything. Next I think I'll layer this so I can make alternative simplified variations. I want that myself for doing some solar design. Beware, I'll be asking for advice in that area soon!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2108DS 12v wiring diagram v03.pdf (165.4 KB, 1076 views)
Old 03-21-2021, 07:17 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Todd. Great work!

Your external wiring diagram and annotated photo of the junction box will be a great help when troubleshooting or adding additional circuits. I've been thinking about new tail lights for our MM that includes reverse lights.

Fred
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:09 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I found I had an older photo of the junction box with original wiring layout. I moved the annotations to that photo, and added some summaries of what wires exit where. Whew! Now I'm A LOT more comfortable with this rats nest. It isn't as bad as you'd think at a glance. I'm still considering replacement of the box with one more weather sealed, but for now I think I'll see if it starts accumulating gunk.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Micro Minnie 12v junction box annotated.png
Views:	2766
Size:	523.2 KB
ID:	177925  
Old 03-23-2021, 02:54 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the work into the diagram Todd. Very helpful!

The 30A manual breaker was the culprit on my charging/power issue I posted about and labeled it as a bus bar.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ue-360373.html

In your diagram, you show it within the JB. Mine is directly mounted on the trailer frame which is probably why the connection needed tightening (from corrosion).
Old 03-23-2021, 07:19 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknRoll View Post
The 30A manual breaker was the culprit on my charging/power issue I posted about and labeled it as a bus bar. In your diagram, you show it within the JB. Mine is directly mounted on the trailer frame which is probably why the connection needed tightening (from corrosion).
Hmm...so maybe my annotated photo of the junction box isn't going to be so useful if Winnebago has already changed it up. Oh well, hopefully the overall schematic is the same, or very close. Holler if you find other differences and maybe I could start another sheet with variations for other model years.

I am curious about the 30A breaker being outside the junction box. There are a number of wires going to each side of it. Did they put a couple bus bars inside the junction box for these connections, or are all these connections now out in the open? If the latter, hopefully there's some kind of cover over it .
Old 03-23-2021, 08:29 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinglett View Post

I am curious about the 30A breaker being outside the junction box. There are a number of wires going to each side of it. Did they put a couple bus bars inside the junction box for these connections, or are all these connections now out in the open? If the latter, hopefully there's some kind of cover over it .
Here is the information I've previously posted for my 2021b Micro Minnie if you're curious about the latest approach.

2021B breaker
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...icture2006.jpg

2021B junction box
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...icture2007.jpg

2021B wiring (up front only)
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...icture2004.jpg
Old 03-23-2021, 09:04 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtrack15 View Post
Here is the information I've previously posted for my 2021b Micro Minnie if you're curious about the latest approach.
Interesting. I'm surprised they moved it forward like that, but it does make sense. All the connections are there, and the junction box is much more tidy as a result. Looks like you also have reverse lights? I have to admit I hadn't noticed I didn't have rev lights until I started drawing up the schematic. If I ever install a backup camera, I'm going to wish I had some light back there.
Old 03-23-2021, 09:31 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Yep, there are reverse lights now. I haven't had the occasion to use them just yet, so I can't really speak to their effectiveness. Hopefully they brighten things up.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:27 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Hey Todd! Great article. Can I assume that info would apply to my 2018 2108ds?
Thanks Dave.
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi 8spd 3:21 gears.
2018 2108ds(Little Red).
Dave V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:57 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave V. View Post
Can I assume that info would apply to my 2018 2108ds?
Well, I can't confirm that it's a match, but I'm willing to bet it is very close. Looks like I need a tweak for the 2021b models as pointed out by @backtrack15. I think I'll add a dotted line for the reverse lights and label as "some newer models", and maybe I'll abandon the dotted box identifying the junction box as that experienced some change, too.

Let me know if you are into any wiring and spot something different. I assumed much of the wiring from a Winnebago schematic that was very generic and probably applies to all of their TTs.

Finally note that none of the interior wiring is in this drawing. I'll make a stab at interior wiring at some point, but I'm betting it will be fairly simple except for identifying the colors and routing of the wire. And I bet that will vary quite a bit between models and years.
Old 06-06-2021, 10:07 PM   #18
1800BH Micro Minnie

New owner with bad 12V wiring

[QUOTE=backtrack15;3891103]Here is the information I've previously posted for my 2021b Micro Minnie if you're curious about the latest approach.

2021B breaker
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...icture2006.jpg

2021B junction box
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...icture2007.jpg

2021B wiring (up front only)
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...icture2004.jpg[/QUOTE

Thanks so much for posting! I started another thread on this also but I’m putting my situation on yours in case you’ve been through the trial and error already on any of this and have ideas....
] First time owner here and 24 hours in.... I’m feeling like someone pulled a fast one and I’m hoping someone can help!
I have a new 2021 micro Minnie 1800bh and picked it up from a dealer in NE to tow a long way home. They added the battery to it the morning I picked it up, and I’m 1500 miles down the road now.

Battery is a standard 12V, power supply dial is set to “green”/on, battery shows charged on the TT storage hold reader thing (as I said... first timer here). However, Lights and outlets and stabilizers don’t work without shore power. Battery isn’t supplying any power to the TT.

The tongue jack apparently had a sticky button so the manager replaced it with a whole new jack before I drove off, and that also is doing something strange where when I push “up” it goes down or vice versa.

Essentially, I can’t unhitch, or dry camp, with any power.

I did a video chat with the dealer and he directed me to a small covered wire bundle bolted to the frame near the hitch, with an itty bitty little black dot on the side he said was a 12V reset button. It doesn’t depress or release.... doesn’t appear to be a button at all (??).
Help, and thank you in advance!! I’m wondering what in the world I’ve gotten myself into.
MMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:50 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

MMouse, the " small covered wire bundle bolted to the frame near the hitch, with an itty bitty little black dot on the side..." is a 12VDC breaker with reset button. I had the same issue when I got my 1706FB from a private party - no power from battery to rest of RV. I had to use a 12VDC voltmeter to trace where I had power and where I didn't. I traced the culprit to the breaker you describe.

It should reset. If not you may have to open the metal box/shroud and check the breaker, clean contacts, try reseting.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:53 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Just wanted to say thank you for doing the hard work with this wiring diagram - you have immensely helped me understand and troubleshoot my own RV - thank you!
PalidaMors is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring