Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2021, 07:34 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

electrical diagram

i have read the thread for the wiring diagram. my 2018 winnie will not charge the battery and the battery will not power the inside 12v items (slide, lights, tank gauges). they work on shore power. volt meter checking indicates its not the converter as 12v goes to the battery shutoff switch. battery switch is to the coach side of junction box not battery side of junction box. Through additional checks it appears that it may be the auto reset circuit breaker since I can not get continuity across the polls of this device. It is the auto reset breaker in the junction box. (prior posts and pixs are very helpful, thanks). Can I jump this breaker to test? If so should I use a jumper with an inline fuse? I can not quite make out the pix. Is this a 20A or 30A breaker. I think from the prior posts it is 30A. FYI, the auto reset breaker that sits outside and to the left of the junction box does show continuity. Thanks
BobP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:08 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobP View Post
Through additional checks it appears that it may be the auto reset circuit breaker since I can not get continuity across the polls of this device. It is the auto reset breaker in the junction box. (prior posts and pixs are very helpful, thanks). Can I jump this breaker to test? If so should I use a jumper with an inline fuse? I can not quite make out the pix. Is this a 20A or 30A breaker. I think from the prior posts it is 30A. FYI, the auto reset breaker that sits outside and to the left of the junction box does show continuity. Thanks
Your symptoms really do sound like the 30A manual breaker has tripped. The breaker is buried inside that junction box and has a manual reset (it isn't auto-reset). You can see the junction box and breaker with little reset button in post #2 of this thread. From the diagram, it appears that when this breaker has tripped, you'll lose battery power to the rig in general. Not only will it seem like the battery cutoff is off, but also the slide won't function. The jack will work, though, as it is direct connected to the battery with its own inline fuse.
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:59 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

Wiring

Thanks for the reply. You are correct. I crawled under and pulled the wires away and it is a manual reset breaker. I did not originally see the reset button on the bottom of the breaker due to the wires. I reset it and now all is working fine. Battery charging and inside 12v working when battery only. The discussions and especially the diagrams were a huge help.
BobP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:47 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Was Wondering if their are wires available in the front ceiling vent if I should try to replace the vent with a Fantastic or similar fan vent?
Jovie5668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:48 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovie5668 View Post
Was Wondering if their are wires available in the front ceiling vent if I should try to replace the vent with a Fantastic or similar fan vent?
Mine did not have any wires waiting there, but it was incredibly easy to tie into the wiring for one of the nearby lights.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:43 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Just finished installing a Maxxair Vent Fan. Yes, connected to wiring from adjacent light. the metal ribs under the roof and the insulation can make it a little challenging. I picked up a Klein tools 25 ft long fish tape from a big box store for less than $15, and it makes routing and fishing wires in tight spaces soooo much easier. Used splice tap connectors to splice the wiring from the vent fan to the existing lighting.
Old 08-22-2021, 10:11 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Micro Mini GFCI

Hi All,
Out here in beautiful Acadia NP. Yesterday our 120v outlets quit on us. I suspect it might be the gfci tripped. But, darn it, I can’t find the outlet with the gfci switch. No problems at the breaker panel, and microwave and wh work fine off inverter. Does anybody know where the gfci outlet is, or have a link to the micro mini 120v wiring diagram? I can only find diagrams for Winnebago motorized.

We don’t really need 120v while we’re boondocking, but it’s just annoying and vexing to not be able to find the outlet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1AB355CC-B2BD-4CB1-AA73-A2D2AE735742.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	518.7 KB
ID:	180616  
Old 08-22-2021, 11:31 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Please disregard my last post about the location of the gfci outlet. I found it in daylight at the door entry. Of course Winnebago disguised it in a dark color so geezers can’t find it. However, if Anybody has a link to the MM 120v wiring diagram, please post it. And, many thanks to others for posting the 12v diagrams.
Old 08-24-2021, 06:21 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
Hi All,
Out here in beautiful Acadia NP. Yesterday our 120v outlets quit on us. I suspect it might be the gfci tripped. But, darn it, I can’t find the outlet with the gfci switch. No problems at the breaker panel, and microwave and wh work fine off inverter. Does anybody know where the gfci outlet is, or have a link to the micro mini 120v wiring diagram? I can only find diagrams for Winnebago motorized.

We don’t really need 120v while we’re boondocking, but it’s just annoying and vexing to not be able to find the outlet.
Jim I do not have my 2021 at home now. It is at CampingWorld getting some work done. If I remember I think the gfic is located on the left panel when facing the kitchen sink by the entrance door. Give a look. Not 10% sure.
Bruce
Jovie5668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:18 AM   #30
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
Please disregard my last post about the location of the gfci outlet. I found it in daylight at the door entry. Of course Winnebago disguised it in a dark color so geezers can’t find it. However, if Anybody has a link to the MM 120v wiring diagram, please post it. And, many thanks to others for posting the 12v diagrams.
My "older" MM has the GFCI in front of the sink. So it seems they aren't changing much. I did get a 12v electric diagram but didn't think to ask for 120v. The 12v diagram wasn't very useful, though. You can sort-of infer what is together in a circuit but generally I find it rather worthless.

Last night I found my GFCI had popped also. I found it interesting it has a little green LED that shows it is on. Too bad they didn't light up it when it pops so you can find it in the dark! I know for sure this GFCI also drives the one under the sink in the bathroom as well as the one above the TV. I'm not sure if it also feeds the ones on either side of the bed, but I bet it does. The only other receptacle I have (not counting the microwave which has its own circuit) is low below the TV area. Maybe I should draw this up as I bet all the micro minnies are the same.
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:25 AM   #31
blubugger

We have a 2018 MicroMinnie 2106ds and many moons ago I sent an email to [email protected] requesting wiring diagrams for this model.
You should include your VIN/Serial number. They sent wiring diagrams, plumbing and a plethora of drawings for (at least) the 2106 model.
Good luck! I certainly dont know why Winnebago doesnt include the towables documentation online like the motorized versions.
Blubugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 04:53 PM   #32
Winnebago Camper

I appreciate the wiring diagrams, however, I have a question.

I've installed a Victron BMS 702 which includes a shunt. According to the instructions, the shunt is to be installed on the negative side of the battery, after the battery, but before the load. I did so near the converter/breaker/fuse box.

Surprisingly, all my 12V DC equipment works without the negative (white) cable being connected to anything!

I'm confused.
Old 08-25-2021, 05:22 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewizard View Post
I appreciate the wiring diagrams, however, I have a question.

I've installed a Victron BMS 702 which includes a shunt. According to the instructions, the shunt is to be installed on the negative side of the battery, after the battery, but before the load. I did so near the converter/breaker/fuse box.

Surprisingly, all my 12V DC equipment works without the negative (white) cable being connected to anything!

I'm confused.
Don’t know what your white wire is, but
There should not be anything connected between the battery negative cable and the battery side of the shunt. The load side of the shunt should be connected to whatever point your dc negative loads are on. Then the small red wire is connected a positive point.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:03 AM   #34
Winnebago Camper

The white wire is the system ground for 12V. There is nothing connected between the battery negative cable and the battery side of the shunt. The load side of the shunt is connected to the load center. The small red wire is connected to +12V in the load center.

What's odd is that when I disconnect the battery negative cable from the load center, all my 12V equipment still operates. This isn't right in my mind.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:14 AM   #35
Winnebago Master

It may not be relevant, but I’m curious if you are plugged in and running on shore power at present. Something certainly seems wrong.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:16 AM   #36
Winnebago Camper

I'm not running on shore power when this occurs.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:12 AM   #37
Winnebago Camper

Great job. How can I find the Inkscape ?
Cruser711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:33 PM   #38
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Tinglett

@Tinglett - your diagram is invaluable! between that and a video warning me about rewiring the solar socket, I was able to install my own 20A charge controller (fused) as well as an additional socket. Upgraded to a size 31 battery and am starting off with an old 100W panel that I'd used on my popup before I came to the dark side. I'll upgrade as I go.

I'm also sharing (if it works) a spreadsheet that I Bogarted from Popup Portal and made my own - shows some VERY rough calcs for loads, solar charging, battery state etc. Helpful for boondocking or getting "out of the way" from the electrical hookups.

Always welcome comments.

Evidently, I can't share the spreadsheet itself, but I've attached a pdf.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PU Audit (Autosaved).pdf (599.4 KB, 145 views)
Strikeouthhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 09:05 AM   #39
Winnebago Owner

OK,
I get it now. The storage wants to limit use of their 120/20 outlet to 5amps. Kinda makes sense if there are other rvs on the same circuit. This can be accomplished by disconnecting battery cables and connecting a NOCO plugged into the 120/20 outlet. I leave a NOCO on my lawn tractor all winter with no damage to its battery. If you have a NOCO on, you don’t have to worry too much about the batteries freezing, as the charge current will keep them warm internally. This doesn’t work for LiFePo4. But, since OP has only one OEM FLA, it would be much easier, to just bring the battery home and store indoors. That’s what I used to do before converting to LFP.

Here’s a NOCO 5amp smart charger: NOCO GENIUS5, 5A Automatic Smart Charger, 6V and 12V Portable Automotive Car Battery Charger, Battery Maintainer, Float Charger, Trickle Charger and Battery Desulfator with Temperature Compensation https://a.co/d/h5SsjkN
Old 11-02-2022, 09:56 PM   #40
Winnebago Camper

Marine359
I had the same problem on my minni this last trip. The outlet next to the fold out table by the door is where my GFI was.
tt1951 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring