Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 05:56 PM   #341
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubugger View Post
It always amazes me that Winnebago doesnt document these travel trailers and lets us find by trial and error where everything is located.
I can't agree more. How hard could it be to make a little guide showing diagrams or even pictures with arrows pointing to stuff? I'd think yearly updates would be more on "tweak" level than a total re-do.

Attached is a photo of my drain valve on a 2019 2108DS. The photo is taken from under the steps. That is, the drain is just forward of the axle on the passenger side. It's a cheap valve, but a quarter turn works fine for me (so far). It's in a not-so-handy location in that I have to crawl under the step. I know I'm going to scrape my back on it one day.

And what's with the pile of spray foam under these things? You'd think they could use less than a full can on this!

Todd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200716_184409.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	174234  
Old 07-16-2020, 07:10 PM   #342
blubugger

Fresh water tank drain valve Micro Minnies

The photo you show of your under-chassis valve is, I believe...the exact valve we had on the 2106as a drain valve. Ours was also way inside of the chassis rails and, for myself....difficult to open/close having to kneel on the tarmac or ground and reach under and open. The original valve was just as you show and was also hard to open/close. So i removed that valve, installed an elbow and ran about an 18" length of tubing and installed a new valve assembly at an easily accessible position on the aft bracket of the house steps [photo attached].
And my experience with both valves was indeed as I related earlier...with water levels showing in the fresh water tank and the pump off, water may or may not flow out unless you open at least one of the faucet valves at the sink or shower. Negative pressure just holds the water back.
And yes, your comment about documentation for these trailers would certainly keep a few young computer/graphics programmers employed. I would think this would be a small cost to help keep us Winnebago customers happy after the sale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EB6E1899-5FD9-48F9-9F92-5692863ED9CA.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	174235  
Old 07-16-2020, 07:10 PM   #343
Winnebago Owner

Yes, it doesn't matter what brand of travel trailer you buy, they all have the fresh water drain in a hard to get to place. Fortunately you only need to get to it once a year when winterizing.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #344
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Yes, it doesn't matter what brand of travel trailer you buy, they all have the fresh water drain in a hard to get to place. Fortunately you only need to get to it once a year when winterizing.
Unless you take it out more than once when freezing conditions might occur afterward.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:41 PM   #345
blubugger

Much to my wife's dismay [she likes purified or commercially available water when underway], I believe that water out of the faucet [trailer or home] should be clean and drinkable. So I drink from the Micro Minnie plumbing. I do replenish and occasionally disinfect the fresh water supply in the trailer.
I know of some folks, some of whom have more complex systems, who indicate that they experience an odor when emptying the fresh water tank. This is not good. A little bit of attention will keep tanks "fresh". Now I know that these Micros are comparatively speaking, simple systems and is relatively easy to do. Some rigs are stored away from residences, ours sits next to the home and is easy to access. Nuff said.
This might start a conversation about fresh water systems on all these Winnebago trailers....would be interesting!
At any rate...safe travels during the Covid stuffola!!
Old 07-17-2020, 10:56 AM   #346
Winnebago Master

I don't drink out of the system because I didn't understand that potable water meant drinkable water. I've always thought since childhood it meant you had to put it in a pot and boil it to drink it.

Sort of like Woody from Cheers who thought inflammable was the opposite of flammable.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:51 AM   #347
blubugger

Or like saying ....red meat is notbad for you, green fuzzy meat is!! Off on a tangent.
It is good that smaller RVs and trailers have simpler water systems. I empathize with folks who's water has a different odor or color.
I suppose this would lead to yet another discussion: When winterizing, is it better to drain the system, blow out with low pressure air and let the entire system dry out? Or put that link stuff back in. I know of an individual who doesn't like the pink antIfreeze, so puts a solution of vodka [yes the drinking stuff!] in the water system as an alternative [more expensive, I am sure!].
I wondef if anyone has had problems due to dried plumbing lines?
Old 07-17-2020, 12:25 PM   #348
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubugger View Post
Or put that link stuff back in. I know of an individual who doesn't like the pink antIfreeze, so puts a solution of vodka [yes the drinking stuff!] in the water system as an alternative [more expensive, I am sure!].
I blow out and add a bit of antifreeze to get the water pump and lower lines protected. So it takes less than a gallon. Depending on where you buy your antifreeze and where you buy your cheap vodka, it might be about the same price!

I wonder if alcohol has any impact on any plastic parts, such as the water pump????
Old 07-18-2020, 12:45 PM   #349
2019 1706fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinglett View Post
I can't agree more. How hard could it be to make a little guide showing diagrams or even pictures with arrows pointing to stuff? I'd think yearly updates would be more on "tweak" level than a total re-do.

Attached is a photo of my drain valve on a 2019 2108DS. The photo is taken from under the steps. That is, the drain is just forward of the axle on the passenger side. It's a cheap valve, but a quarter turn works fine for me (so far). It's in a not-so-handy location in that I have to crawl under the step. I know I'm going to scrape my back on it one day.

And what's with the pile of spray foam under these things? You'd think they could use less than a full can on this!

Todd
Better to have foam leaking out than a void in the underbelly insulation.

As for diagrams, the owners manual shows the valves for winterizing, which valves to turn to winterize. The many trailers I've owned the documentation isn't so great, you have to rely on owner forums to get details.

You have to put your eyes on the plumbing system, look at it and document the steps you have to take to drain and winterize, the steps to bleach-cleanse the water system.

I don't buy used trailers because often they haven't been winterized properly, you have to run fresh water through the trailer at the sellers home and wait 24 hours to see leaks. Caveat Emptor with used trailers . . . . . .
Old 08-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #350
Winnebago Watcher

Purchase Price

Would anyone care to share what they paid for the 2020 2108tb and the dealer where purchased? Trying to find a fair price to pay.
Thanks everyone,
Kathleen
Old 09-07-2020, 12:52 PM   #351
Winnebago Watcher

Cool mural! Where did you get it?
Old 09-10-2020, 04:40 AM   #352
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winniewon View Post
Cool mural! Where did you get it?
We bought both the picture and wood trim sheet off Amazon. This smoothing tool helps.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:57 PM   #353
Winnebago Camper

TV removal 2018 FBS 1808

I purchased a 2018 Winnebago micro Minnie FBS 1808 which has an Insignia TV that is on a bracket attached to the rear wall.

Can anyone help so I can remove this TV and reinstall a smart TV?

Thank you
Old 09-12-2020, 07:02 PM   #354
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sel09harley View Post
I purchased a 2018 Winnebago micro Minnie FBS 1808 which has an Insignia TV that is on a bracket attached to the rear wall.

Thank you
Assuming it has a HDMI port you could just install a Fire Stick or Roku device, etc.

Here's a low end and higher end (4k) device:

https://www.amazon.com/Fire-TV-Stick...b-8a79de2d236f

https://www.amazon.com/TiVo-Stream-S...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Old 09-12-2020, 08:10 PM   #355
Winnebago Camper

thank you very much Goodspike,

I have a Roku Smart TV, same size , so I want to figure out how to remove the old TV from the bracket. There is virtually 1 to inches before the back wall ; I can get my hand back there but I want to know if somebody else has replaced their TV
Old 09-13-2020, 06:04 AM   #356
blubugger

If you have the spring-loaded close mount, lift up on the TV to clear the bottom notch. This is sort of difficult to do with the slide-out inside position. Then the mount [probably VESA 200X200] can be attached to many TVs [up to 32"]. On the 2106ds this close mount is probably best as it prevents any physical interference with the movement of the slide. Swing armed mounts would be easier to access cabling etc. but again, the TV could be damaged or result in damage to the slide facia etc.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:18 AM   #357
2106 DS Micro Minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sel09harley View Post

Thank you
I have an Insignia mounted on the rear wall of a 2106DS. It's a V shaped pocket mount. You simply lift straight up (it may be a little difficult) to remove the TV from the mount. That's how mine works
Old 09-13-2020, 07:24 AM   #358
Winnebago Master

I think most of these just lift up, and most have standard mounts to the TV, so it should be pretty easy.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:18 AM   #359
Winnebago Camper

they are pretty much the same price everywhere unless you buy them from a dealer in the area they are mfg'd
Old 09-19-2020, 11:46 AM   #360
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcgraw View Post
Would anyone care to share what they paid for the 2020 2108tb and the dealer where purchased? Trying to find a fair price to pay.
Thanks everyone,
Kathleen
Check with Mark at Harrison RV in Jefferson Iowa. We bought our 2020 MMW 2106 FBS for several thousand less than any one else was offering.
Closed Thread