Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2021, 01:03 PM   #61
Winnebago Owner

If you mean changing hitch geometry by raising/lowering torsion bar bracket height, or raising/lowering ball height, I think that might be worse for me. I’ve tried a couple different ball heights. If I’ve got 12% on the ball now and a level rig with bars on, I’m thinking I’ve got the safest tow I can get. Thanks for improving my knowledges base.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:18 PM   #62
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
If you mean changing hitch geometry by raising/lowering torsion bar bracket height, or raising/lowering ball height, I think that might be worse for me. I’ve tried a couple different ball heights. If I’ve got 12% on the ball now and a level rig with bars on, I’m thinking I’ve got the safest tow I can get. Thanks for improving my knowledges base.
If your trailer is level and your truck's front axle is loaded the same with and without trailer, you've done all you can with the WDH. No problem, always very happy to help when I can.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:12 PM   #63
Winnebago Owner

Hitch height

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyr1 View Post
I'm looking to take delivery of my 2100BH this month. Does anyone happen to have coupler height measurements when the trailer is level? I'd like to get my WDH close ish to the ideal setting to pick it up.

Thanks,
So, what I think i’ve picked up is the 2022 axle height is not adjustable, and is the max height of the earlier models that were.
So, the hitch height (coupler height) for the 2022 should be the same as 2021 at factory height (tallest) and with the 15 tires.

I thought I had seen it as 22” but can’t find a source to confirm that.

If someone can provide a refrence, or an actual measurement, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks,
-steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 01:16 PM   #64
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetman View Post
When we picked up our new Micro Minnie 1708FB back in May, the dealer never went over the suspension height adjustment for the trailer. My understanding is that on the new models, you can have the height of the trailer adjusted, the difference being about 3-4”. Ours came with it in the higher position, which does give it good ground clearance for areas where you don’t want your drain lines catching on anything. The downside however, is that it sits up higher meaning more vertical wind resistance when towing. So my question is, who else that owns this series of trailer uses the higher position and does anyone use the lower position. Our original purchase dealer is 3-1/2 hrs away, but our local dealer says they’d change the position of suspension and charge us two hours of labor
(about $220). Is it worth the change over or should I just leave it as delivered, any thoughts or am I overthinking things ?
I just purchased a 2020 Micro Minnie 2108DS. I noticed that the suspension brackets had additional holes. I got under it with my floor jack and impact wrench a about 2 hours later I was able to lower mine by 3". That doesn't seem like much but it made difference in the look.
meperes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension