Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2023, 02:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Smile Micro Minnie Likes and Dislikes (about to purchase one)

My husband and I are about to pull the switch on getting a 2023 Winnebago 2108TB. We are coming from a 2019 16' Bambi Airstream. We just had a walk through of this camper and are in absolute love! It ticks off everything on our list that we had hoped for in a larger camper without going too large; dry bath, larger bed, larger floor area with the bump out for our 2 dogs, larger fridge space.

We are pretty much sold on it but I've read some reviews that are pretty negative towards this camper. Mainly when it comes to leaking. In all honesty, I feel like what we are coming from, the upgrades we are going to be getting, will outweigh the negatives should they happen. And if they happen, we fix them.

We love the bed options with the 2108TB. He can take it to the Cross Fit games with his buddies and they don't have to share a bed together. We can take it together camping with our pups and all fit on the king size option. If we have a baby in the future, we will still have room for a small crib if needed.

What are the things you like and dislike about your Micro Minnie?
Jaclan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 03:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi Jaclan86!

First off, don’t know who told you about leaking. We’ve had absolutely no leaks, and have found the build quality to be above average compared to other RVs we’ve owned in the past.

7ft width, which reduces frontal area. and dual axle makes it a very easy and comfortable tow; even with a half ton, mid-size truck, or a large SUV. Easiest towing trailer we’ve owned, and mind you, we’re towing with a mid-size.

Very maneuverable. Easy to get it into tight spaces. Gets up our narrow winding, steep, long mountain driveway.

Quite livable for such a small trailer. We travel 2 months consecutive without going crazy. Well I don’t go crazy; maybe she does.

Lots of storage space. The DS model has big pass thru doors. Maybe not so big on the TB model. Lots of storage under the dinette. If you have a cat, remove one of the under-dinette doors, and a liter box fits nicely in there.

Strong chassis. We boondock a lot on undeveloped and secondary roads. The torsion bar suspension and high ride height work well for this purpose.

The basic stuff is well made, and it’s easy to do upgrades. Only a few things fell apart after we bought it. If you’re decent using tools, you’ll be able to fix most yourself. Although we could have, we didn’t file any warranty claims.

Big shower for a trailer this size. I’m a big dude, and I can actually use the shower. I can’t use showers in trailers much bigger than this one.

Pretty good insulation. We have no problems staying warm in sub-freezing ambients. However, furnace outlets are both in rear of trailer. You have to use 12v fans to move air forward to the bed.

Roof A/C can be run off a small generator if you install an easy start.

Winnebago one of the more responsive as far as customer service. Always get good answers from them.

Don’t Likes:

Wish we had bought the TB model, as our Murphy bed is tiring and uncomfortable.

Not enough windows. Sorta feel trapped in a cell after a while. Fortunately, we don’t spend much of the day inside the trailer. If you plan to, don’t buy this trailer.

Not totally useable with slide retracted. You can squeeze through to the bathroom, but can’t fully open the fridge door. And, you can’t sit in the dinette. Leaving you with the option to put up your Murphy bed, or in the case of the TB model, sit on your beds.

Gray water tank too small. When boondocking, we can always replenish fresh water using jugs, and rarely fill up the black water tank. But we often have to use our tote to drain gray water and take it to a dump station.

The 12v compressor fridge is to love, but be aware that it’s almost totally unusable for dry camping unless you invest in upgrading the electrical system (batteries/charger/solar) just to feed the beast.

Ours had no solar but was wired for rooftop solar including a mc4 gland. I think newer ones have some solar on roof and a pre-installed solar charge controller. Whatever it is, it won’t be enough. You need at least 300w of roof solar to run this trailer.

Standard Plastic toilet is intolerable. But you can replace it easily with a porcelain toilet.

Standard supplied battery is useless, and can’t even get you through one night.

Windows next to bed are too far aft to provide cross-breeze. Only solution is to buy two 12v fans to blow air forward.

AC and USB outlets are so far forward under the woardrobes, you’d have to be a contortionist to use them. Solution was to install 12v/usb outlets further aft.

If you want to do a lot of your cooking indoors, get a bigger trailer. Just using the range for a few minutes, with range vent fan turned on, heats up this small trailer real fast. So, we do most of our cooking outdoors, unless it’s a very short stay, and we too lazy to set up outdoor cooking.

Needs additional ventilation. The small bathroom fan exhausts some air, but what’s needed is a powerful exhaust fan like a Maxxair. That’s our next upgrade.

Just some thoughts. PM me if you want more.
Old 03-18-2023, 06:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you so much for your reply! I have shared this information with my husband and I think we are going to go ahead and get the TT! This is very exciting for us because we initially started with a Taxa Tigermoth, then a Bambi Airstream, and now a Winnebago!
Jaclan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 09:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Marine359 is pretty spot-on with what I would have shared. We have a 2108FBS that we bought back in October - and we absolutely love it. It's me, my wife and our dog (kids are all grown and gone) and we tow ours with a 2019 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT with no issues.

We were looking at some Jayco and Grand Design models but after doing all our comparisons and research, our Minnie won out. As the primary driver, I really appreciate the 7 foot width of the trailer and the dual axles. There have been many times on the interstates and backcountry 2-lane roads where had we had a wider trailer, we might have had some serious white-knuckle issues.

You'll find a lot of great advice here on these forums and elsewhere. We've learned a lot in our past 6 months of ownership (like checking ALL fuses and learning that you can never have too many command hooks) and look forward to learning so much more.

Congrats on your purchase!
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 08:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Micro Minnie 2108 TB

We have four month old 2108 TB with the couch. All of the comments above are pretty spot on but I have a few more.

The high clearance is perfect for going off road.

The plastic toilet isn’t great but it does work fine.

Our trailer has two small 12v ceiling fans. They are very quiet and don’t consume much power. The venting is barely enough when cooking with one burner on low heat unless it is cold outside.

Our trailer had five water leaks when we picked it up. When you pick yours up have the dealer remove the panel below the sink and the the one over the water heater. Check every fitting with city water pressure and pump pressure. Pull up the faucet head vigorously while using and check for leaks. With the panels removed go over the simple winterization process.

The absorption fridge we have hardly uses any power when boondocking and works well.

We installed one 100ah LIFEPO battery below the left bed. Very easy. Never had below 50 percent charge in the am. The 190 solar panel is jus right for us and easily tops off the battery each day.

We installed a 220w $70 dc/ac inverter behind the fridge to power the fridge and charge a laptop. It has four usb ports and two 110ac plugs. It also has a digital battery voltage readout.

We lowered each stair to make them usable.

We installed swivel tables and small cabinets at each end of the couch.

We removed the head banger shelf above the bed. We installed tiny shelves on each side where the large shelf was for coffee or phones or whatever.

We installed four towel hooks and a toilet paper holder. We removed the towel bar.

With all of these mods, and a few move coming, we have a fantastic little trailer.
Thindirtline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 01:01 PM   #6
Lauri & Joe

We have the 2108ds FLX. We've found the solar works great for us boondocking (once we got the configuration right, like everyone else it seems.)

We, too, added more towel hanging options in the bathroom. And from a design perspective, Winnebago could have provided a much deeper medicine cabinet over the bathroom sink an placed the sink a bit closer to the front edge of the cabinet (or maybe me and my lady-linebacker shoulders are more of a personal problem than a general population concern.)

The biggest issue for us has been the difficulty accessing the bathroom & frig when the slide is in. It has almost been a dealbreaker for me. We had a problem with the slide while in TX and had to get back to CA to get it fixed so the several day trip back meant some major contortion to use both the frig & bathroom. We had a Schwintech slide on a previous trailer with a much bigger slide and never had a problem with it. After having the Schwintech slide motor replaced and being told to ALWAYS take the slide all the way out and all the way back in (never partially open) that make accessing the bathroom on the road a bit more challenging if there's not sufficient room. We're also a bit concerned about putting much of anything in the dinette storge areas for fear of the weight causing problems.

The lack of a vent over the stove is a bit annoying. We mostly cook outside, but this winter's west coast weather has pushed us inside a bit more often and we agree the ventilation issue when running the propane stove is annoying.

Other than that, we like the 2108ds pretty well. We have had a murphy bed before so we knew that wasn't going to be an issue for us taking it up and down. Our last trailer had a lot more storage, but was also longer, so we knew that was a trade-off. We been pretty satisfied with doing multi-week trips in it so far.

Next is putting some waterproof storage on the tongue behind the propane tanks to store the bug tent & camp chairs. They just take up too much pass-thru space that we need for tools, hoses, etc.
ZottHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 04:41 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Whoops. I wasn’t proofreading with my post. We installed the 220w inverter behind the TV (not the fridge).
Also, if you haven’t bought your trailer yet, note that you should pay at least $10k below the original sticker price. Most dealers have a lot of room to negotiate. I would start negotiating at about $15k below sticker. It worked for us on our 2022 model.
Thindirtline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 04:43 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

2108DS

We have a 2020 and have been very happy with it. No leaks, changed batteries and bought solar. Only change I would make would be twin beds instead of Murphy bed.
SKIPPERFRANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 05:31 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Hit us up

Hi!!! Congrats on your decision! If you haven’t purchased….we have a 2106DS 2019yr build. Super happy with ours, although I always have visions of something better and grander…..wife helps me realize that ours does everything we need and is tried and true. So many little things to talk about here, but if u really wanna go more in depth….hit me up on pm and I’ll give u my cell and we can talk and I’ll give u our take on ours. The things I’d like, the things we love. We 98% boondock btw. Also…longest we’ve been out is 9 days straight, no hook ups. That way u have an idea. Thanks and either way, you will love it. Just GET OUT as much as u can. Biggest advice I can give u-
cheers - J
JoshBap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:55 PM   #10
Micro Mini 2108TB

Not a good choice

I purchased a 2020 2108TB that was 13 months old. I found a soft area on the roof, just in front of the shower. This was because the caulking around the bathroom skylight was not done correctly at the factory. On investigation the dealer found mold in the particleboard and a large section had to be replaced. Winnebago would not honor their 3-year structural warranty, because I was the second owner. The cost to repair was $4,000. I sold the trailer to pay for the repairs and to move on from such a disappointment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lakeview RV 1.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	185452   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lakeview RV 6.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	185453  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lakeview RV 7.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	185454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof Soft Area.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	185455  

Senecio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:25 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

FYI - our first camper had a maxx air fan so I was disappointed with the fan in our 2019 micro mini 2018DS. We replaced it with a Heng’s Vortex. It looked much easier to install than a maxx air since it can be installed without cutting the vent cover out of the roof and it does as good of a job and is less expensive.

Tags
purchase