Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2018, 08:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Micro Minnie Grey Tank Upgrades?

Hi all. I'm in strong consideration to purchase a gorgeous used 2014 2101DS. Among the few concerns are smallish tank sizes, most notably the 25 gallon grey. I've read much in terms of effective water use and portable tank options but the most appealing idea would be to add additional or replace existing to larger capacity. Is something anyone has researched and/or actually done. Any thoughts would be helpful.
MTDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:47 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have owned a 2106 DS for 2 years and the small grey water tank is one of my few complaints about the trailer. Even practicing conservation, the best my wife and I can accomplish is 3 days before the tank is full. Some of the things we do are collect dish water in a pan and dump it into the back tank, take Navy showers, and use the outside shower to heat up the water in the inside show before turning it on.

I have looked at installing a composting toilet so that we can tie the grey and black tanks together but after viewing some videos on the reality of using a composting toilet have decided that it is not a good solution for us.

I have also looked into the various methods for transferring liquids from grey to black water tanks but have not been willing to take the plunge on any of them.

In the end, we have gotten a 25 gallon tote and use it to empty the grey water tank every 2-3 days. This means we need to be aware of the campground layout relative to the location of the dump station. We camped at one state park in Florida where the dump station was literally 5 miles away from our site, and even though we can pull the tote with the truck, 5 miles is a bit much to haul a plastic wheeled tote.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Smile increase gray tank

Hi, I'm also curious about increasing the 25 gallons. My current camper is not an enclosed underbody, so I'm able to see underneath. There looks to be plenty of room to have added a larger tank, or a secondary tank. I think manufacturers could go higher, and I don't understand what keeps them. Perhaps if there was more than a certain amount of gray storage it would mess with the trailer balance too much? I've read about people saying they take grey water from the dump manifold into a bucket, then dump it into their toilet to move it to the black tank. that might free up a few gallons or more.
WannaWinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #4
Winnebago TT

second tank

Our 2015 RLSS has the option to add an additional 2nd grey tank. I would definately look at doing this as well.
ScottLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:18 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Probably easiest to just get a 25 gallon Barker tote and dump the tanks every couple of days. Adding another gray tank is going to create more plumbing problems and possible weight distribution issues than I care to deal with.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2018 2108 and do find the grey tank too small. Just ordered a Barker 32 gal tote with pneumatic tires. I was afraid of over filling the tote if I bought the 25 gal.
Fzyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Solution

This waste valve cap let’s you screw on your orange rinse hose and empty grey water discretely. Haven’t used it yet, but for 7 bucks I’ll keep it on board...
WannaWinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, upgrade