Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2021, 02:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Micro Minnie FLX

These look pretty interesting. Two solar panels; huge Lithium battery; better AC, furnace and water heater; inverter. Price and availability not on the web site yet, but it looks like they're worth a look if you want these things.
tomwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

$14,000 upcharge from the standard 2108ds.
That’s a bunch of moola. Considering you can diy upgrade a 2108ds with everything the flx has except the Truma stuff, for about $4,000.
Old 11-19-2021, 02:43 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quick take

https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-review-w...rs-dream-1708/

The Truma system although pricey, is pretty cool (pun intended). It's efficient, quiet and will run off the battery system for at least a short time.

I'm primarily a Spring/Fall traveler, so it wouldn't be right for me but a must have for someone who boondocks year round.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I agree the premium price is steep but I am extremely interested. While I have done the solar upgrades myself on my 2106, the truma features are something that will really change my camping experience. I can't wait to see these start appearing for sale.
Mando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:41 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Well, this will be for sure, a very, very, high probability of theft...so one better make sure of their insurance coverage and the provider of it. Unless you are going to store the FLX on your own driveway, this will be a serious back-up to, and tow away theft target from any storage facility, or a farmer's field...for SURE! Fences or no...they can be run right flat, on the way to your trailer...

If you are looking at this...hope you have room when not towing, on your own driveway! Preferably park your second car right in front of the hitch! If you find all the features of this trailer to be very appealing, know that RV professional thieves will be as well...but, they will want YOU to pay for it...well, for the time you will have it, LOL!
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I do store on my driveway. I also don’t see how this would be more of a theft threat than the millions of 50k campers all over the place. Maybe the lithium battery but how many would know that is even in the unit?
Old 11-30-2021, 10:25 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Seeker View Post
Well, this will be for sure, a very, very, high probability of theft...!
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion… but how you came up with this one is lost on me???

It’s a TT. Someone could steal it. Which is exactly the same risk as any other Travel Trailer. Some TTs are more expensive then others but I’ve never heard of a ring of thieves targeting TTs based upon their MSRP.

Actually, I’ve never heard of hordes of gangs stealing TTs at all. This one doesn’t look any different than any other travel trailer to anyone other than the owner.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:25 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion… but how you came up with this one is lost on me???

It’s a TT. Someone could steal it. Which is exactly the same risk as any other Travel Trailer. Some TTs are more expensive then others but I’ve never heard of a ring of thieves targeting TTs based upon their MSRP.

Actually, I’ve never heard of hordes of gangs stealing TTs at all. This one doesn’t look any different than any other travel trailer to anyone other than the owner.
Seriously, Creative? Where did I suggest a theft will be based on an MSRP You obviously misunderstood my comments. It is about the TECH...that inflates the MSRP. That is what the thieves will be after...and the FLX logo will tell them, this trailer comes loaded with it!!! The first thing I would do, if I wanted a trailer decked out as this one...would be to REMOVE the FLX graphics, so the tech is not advertised to the whole world of 'interested parties'....yes...thieves and theft rings that TARGET R.V.'s...the same as cars...everybody has a car...but the theft rings KNOW what car they are 'looking for'...and this FLX will be the equivalent of that car....oh yeah....

Same risk? Thieves go after high end...and monetary return strip out...so NO..not the same as 'any other trailer'. This trailer is going to have a FLeX (bullseye) 'come and strip me' on the side of it...saying...I have $14,000 dollars of latest tech...(to those that know...) so ...here it is...(I'm not your any or average trailer, ..come get me...to strip out the 14,000 of high tech that makes this not your 'ordinary every other trailer'.

Jeez...Creative, really, you don't see this model (FLeX)as an elevated risk theft attractant?

Ok...as you say, I have my opinion, and you have yours (which is of course respected) in that, this is just 'another trailer' sitting in some storage yard...or wherever.

My history of claims loss dealing with people that got their rigs ripped off, their CVO Harley Davidsons, ripped off, and only the CVO Harley targeted and stolen, amongst five other Harleys surrounding it, at a resort...says, this FLX logo on a Winnebago, will absolutely be a flaming BULLSEYE GRAPHIC to 'come and get me, baby...come and get me...for I ain't ordinary...I come loaded with the latest HIGH END comfort tech, ...and that's what these owners paid for...

They didn't pay for another 'ordinary' Travel Trailer....and we thieves KNOW IT! We read the latest ad copy too...we can read...as well as rip you off! We, LOL can multi-task!

You're right...my opinion, based on what attracts a criminal mind and element., and believe me...it ain't the ordinary everybody has one...Travel Trailer...nope...nope....nope...
Old 12-01-2021, 03:47 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

[QUOTE=Mando;3909588]I do store on my driveway. I also don’t see how this would be more of a theft threat than the millions of 50k campers all over the place. Maybe the lithium battery but how many would know that is even in the unit?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the TRUMA tech that makes this so very different Mando, than any other owner buying a battery and a couple of solar panels...and that is the reason that Winnebago would put a differentiating logo on the side of the 2108.

Anybody, that steals trailers...strips them down...for parts will KNOW what makes the Winne FleX a designated 'factory designer' model The same as the Harley Davidson CVO motorcycles, that are thousands of dollars more than their 'standard' brother...and they are high on the list for rip off, when out in the public...(so much so, that most owners do not over-night their CVO at motel and hotel parking lots) because of the cost...and because of the TECH that makes them different. Those bikes get stolen at the drop of a hat, if exposed like that.

This Winne FleX (in my experience and personal opinion) will be no different in the R.V. world...no different. It will certainly be an elevated theft target to those LOOKING and knowing about this new model and what it has on-board...THAT is what will be the 'bullseye'.... I deal with this all the time....most claims of property theft is not the dime-a dozen. It is the one of a kind, out of 100 trailers...out of a 100 motorcycles of the same brand...the car...and its ONBOARD tech that sets it apart from the 100 other cars parked on the same street it was stolen off of....

Yep...deal with this all the time...and my opinion, is that this will most certainly be a high attractant theft or strip out target. Cheers!
Old 12-01-2021, 06:03 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

If Sun Seeker’s thugs are smart enough to strip a FLX because of its graphics, they’re probably smart enough to recognize the front cap of the FLX. So, you’d have to order it from the factory with the standard Micro Mini front cap.

They may also be smart enough to recognize the Truma grates and rooftop A/C profile. You’d have to disguise the too. Easier to paint the whole trailer black and slap on some Rockwood logos.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:21 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
If Sun Seeker’s thugs are smart enough to strip a FLX because of its graphics, they’re probably smart enough to recognize the front cap of the FLX. So, you’d have to order it from the factory with the standard Micro Mini front cap.

They may also be smart enough to recognize the Truma grates and rooftop A/C profile. You’d have to disguise the too. Easier to paint the whole trailer black and slap on some Rockwood logos.
Other than the rampant sarcasm , you'd want to remove (first off) the obvious...that shout's out the model. (the other suggestions, I won't bother responding to)

People will be affected by this. There are elements in our society that will target an owner of this model...for the very reasons I put forth. Enough said, except for, they are not my thugs, Marine...they are elements of our society.

It's all humor, until one day, you go to your trailer...well, where it was stored, and it is gone. Just check out all the YouTube vids of pick-ups sliding into a compound after a user opens the gate, ..or crashes through the fence...hooks onto a theft victim's trailer...and DRIVES AWAY. They targeted a SPECIFIC trailers because of what interested them over another sitting next to it on either side. Is this funny? Is there some roll-up-eyes, humor with that happening? It is a fact...catalytic convertors (Creative?) get stolen. Whole trailers get hooked onto and stolen...and most go to chop shops...for people willing to buy parts from the thieves, or, with serial number tampering, buy the entire unit for cash. Anything funny about that? One T.T. was just recovered (well what was left of it...) by Mesa Police abandoned in the desert after most major parts and acc's were stripped off the T.T. carcass.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:43 AM   #12
Site Team

I will agree that there are thieves that target only high end mass market vehicles such as specific cars, pickups and motorcycles but I don’t for a minute think this is true of travel trailers.

TTs do get stolen, no ones doubts that. But targeted thefts by super knowledgeable RV thieves that select the model to steal because one has more tech? I’m still not buying the “risk.”

A travel trailer with more OEM tech is an instant theft magnet? I’ll stick by my original comment.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:45 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I appreciate your opinion but I am not going to base my purchase on the fear of potential bands of truma thieves roaming the campground. It is like saying never purchase a nice truck as there are car thieves. Is an flx model a higher percentage target than non? I suppose, to a sophisticated group of thieves. I would also assume a toy hauler is a higher percentage target than a similar sized TT as there might be a 30k goodie inside of it.

I guess I am just saying if I had that level of fear over what might happen I am probably better off not camping at all. I acknowledge a bad Apple might target a high end tech over low end given the choice, and that is fair.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:21 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Seeker View Post
Other than the rampant sarcasm , you'd want to remove (first off) the obvious...that shout's out the model. (the other suggestions, I won't bother responding to)

People will be affected by this. There are elements in our society that will target an owner of this model...for the very reasons I put forth. Enough said, except for, they are not my thugs, Marine...they are elements of our society.
You’re right to point out that my post was rampant sarcasm Sun Seeker. Sorry that I may have offended you, and I know they’re not your thugs; just joking. No doubt, you are correct that a knowledgeable thief will tow away the FLX if it’s sitting next to a plain vanilla Micro Mini. But there’s risk in anything. That’s why you’ll pay more in insurance premiums for the FLX than a plain old Micro Mini. Same reason you’ll pay more in premiums for a 42ft Newell DP.
Old 12-01-2021, 10:54 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I do agree it is probably a pretty solid concern if you use outdoor storage...much like having an on-board generator or lithium batteries would be a big target.

Definitely a valid point to consider if your trailer is often out of sight or security is lacking. A lot of tech in such a small package.

Compared to my current unit, which I love, I am really looking forward to these changes (some have nothing to do with FLX):
-Truma Air...so quiet by comparison
-Water Saver...man I fill up the gray fast
-Factory lithium,inverter and panels. My setup does well with golf cart batts and Renogy but next level stuff here.
-larger fridge vs 2106
-single large sink vs my 2106
-powered stabilizers vs 2106
-potential hose connection on awning side vs my 2106
-larger awning than my 2106
-larger slide vs my 2106.
-hugely improved table mechanism will probably move me from sofa to dinette

It is sort of the combination of FLX and just generic improvements that might get me to switch.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:03 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

To Creative, Marine and Mando, First off, let me type/say that I do appreciate your comments, and only wanted to put it out there, that there actually are, 'band's of organized thieves that (by nefarious customers, or from past history of what they can pass and boost...) have actual 'shopping lists' of what they are looking for, to tow away.

I never suggested gentlemen, that one would NOT want or wish to own what could be a very, very fine trailer...with heightened use experience, no...but only that one must understand that (or not...or not...human nature in play) their very reasons for wanting this particular trailer over another, is the same reasons that (if the trailer is a special build, factory designer, as this FLeX certainly is being marketed as, and marketed to...that they should always keep in mind stringent cautions for ownership.

That is my driving point. For instance, my suggestion, that with this particular trailer and its load tech, one might wish to keep the trailer (when not in use) on their own property, on their driveway, and secure it with any way they find useful. Mostly all thefts of T.T.'s and R.V.'s are off of, and out of public or private storage facilities, and not directly off of your driveway. Too much activity, night or day, and most now have live-time camera security, (so cheap to buy and install today). Thieves know that...and how fast police can usually respond (and do respond to a private residence much quicker than a commercial location...these are statistics!)

So, I say, to all reading...if this trailer very much interests you...by all means invest in one, for lifestyle...but I suggest that elevated caution in keeping it in your lifestyle and possession be in the forefront, always.

Where you store, where you leave it, where you even perhaps might vacation or which campground lot you back it onto. Yes, there are very knowledgeable thieves Creative, that do specifically target, ..that do have shopping lists, and some of them even have formal degrees and solid education(s). Stealing cars, and R.V.s and T.T.'s today...with such demand...is a very lucrative endevour...and one should walk around, always, with their 'eyes' open to that realization. I mean, look at what happened to you...and as you say, you even thought you had your choice of location and security for your R.V. pretty much in hand. Someone was harvesting those very expensive C.C.'s...and they did indeed find yours. This stuff happens every day.., night and day.

That was the brunt of my postings on this thread. I deal with people that have had a most heartbreaking experience with having the loss of valuables (to them...as well as the general market) and once it happens, you never 'get over' the personal violation of the happening. Being stolen from, is a very emotionally (as well as financial) negative life experience.

In closing, I always smile when people state they are not going to worry about this or that, because they have insurance. Yes, ..they do...and when or if, that whatever gets stolen, because of circumstances of use/storage location, their insurance premium the following years, (if they are even offered to renew) usually takes that opinion and drops it, out of their lexicon, like wind leaving the sails...

Anyway...to everybody and all fellow campers...always (I suggest), be diligent on what you buy, where you use, how you store...and that will go a long way, to your peace of mind, and happy usage of...

"Now, ..looking at my watch, and tapping my fingers for Spring to show up once more....!!! There's camping and campfires to be had!!!"
Old 12-01-2021, 03:29 PM   #17
Site Team

Sun_Seeker, I think some folks are more concerned about theft of property than others. I can remember a number of threads where you've expressed strong opinions on locking everything up. You've posted about locking even non-high tech Micro Minnies and going to lengths to protect surge protectors, as that one has come up a number of times. I think there have been others... but these two show that this is a common concern of yours over the years here:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3890952

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3869224

I believe I've stated previously that I don't share those worries. It's just stuff and if it gets wrecked or stolen then that's a pain in the assets but not all that important in the scheme of things. Yes, I got my Catalytic Converter stolen and that was a hassle, but It cost me $250 and my insurance company $2,500. If I can't afford $250 then I shouldn't be in the RV ownership game.

I don't lock my stuff very much. I lock my electric bike and I lock my compartments and RV when in storage. But when camping my RV is unlocked, my compartments are all unlocked and my EMS Surge Protector is hanging on the pedestal free to walk away without being impeded by a lock.

I sleep well and don't worry about the small stuff. It's just stuff.

If I ever hear that there are RV Knowledgeable gangs targeting specific RVs I'll circle back and give you the credit for attempting to enlighten me.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:39 PM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Sun_Seeker, I think some folks are more concerned about theft of property than others. I can remember a number of threads where you've expressed strong opinions on locking everything up. You've posted about locking even non-high tech Micro Minnies and going to lengths to protect surge protectors, as that one has come up a number of times. I think there have been others... but these two show that this is a common concern of yours over the years here:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3890952

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3869224

I believe I've stated previously that I don't share those worries. It's just stuff and if it gets wrecked or stolen then that's a pain in the assets but not all that important in the scheme of things. Yes, I got my Catalytic Converter stolen and that was a hassle, but It cost me $250 and my insurance company $2,500. If I can't afford $250 then I shouldn't be in the RV ownership game.

I don't lock my stuff very much. I lock my electric bike and I lock my compartments and RV when in storage. But when camping my RV is unlocked, my compartments are all unlocked and my EMS Surge Protector is hanging on the pedestal free to walk away without being impeded by a lock.

I sleep well and don't worry about the small stuff. It's just stuff.

If I ever hear that there are RV Knowledgeable gangs targeting specific RVs I'll circle back and give you the credit for attempting to enlighten me.
All good, Creative...and, I am in the 'loss' and 'loss recovery' industry. I see such sad reactions for those that have been victimized, so perhaps, am rather sensitized to the 'preventing' side of things. Yeah, for sure I am...

Happy Holidays, and be safe...

Mr. Sun...
Old 12-01-2021, 06:05 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

I appreciate getting your point of view. It is totally valuable. My camper is parked behind the house out of sight and I generally camp in state parks in the Midwest where I get to know camping neighbors so I am maybe a little biased/overly confident. It is a good reminder that it does carry tech that could be a target…particularly for those that may have a different situation. All good.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:36 PM   #20
Site Team

This might make folks feel safer: