Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2020, 06:52 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

I’m coming up on the end of season 2 with our 2306, and towed it 7k miles or so using my ‘17 Colorado Duramax and have found the following:

1: I like to fill the fresh water tank about 1/3 full. The little bit of extra weight in front of the axle settles it down.
2: I use an equalizer wdh and it helps a ton with a truck my size.

Overall in this configuration the camper tows great. I set the cruise at 70 and it goes well. As was said earlier you won’t even notice it back there. In fact I’d fill the fresh water tank even more full to keep it held to the road even more. That does depend on you staying under the gvwr though, which I haven’t found to be an issue but every person is different
pmglidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:03 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

I should also note that the narrow body design is great for maneuverability in town.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:52 AM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

After considering a lot of brands and price ranges, the 2306BHS is still at the top of our wish list. The people at RV Wholesalers (where we might purchase from) told us that Winnebago just informed them earlier this week that production lead time is now out to ~26 weeks on the Micro Minnies. Has anyone else heard something similar?
Dspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 06:44 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dspace View Post
After considering a lot of brands and price ranges, the 2306BHS is still at the top of our wish list. The people at RV Wholesalers (where we might purchase from) told us that Winnebago just informed them earlier this week that production lead time is now out to ~26 weeks on the Micro Minnies. Has anyone else heard something similar?
You might have to look for a dealer that has an existing order for a 2306BHS that is not yet associated with a customer (simply ordered for inventory). The lead time could be much less depending on when the dealer placed the order.
backtrack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 06:57 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

Thanks again for all the comments on the 2306BHS towing experience.

I've been around the RV world for a few years. I had a 34 foot fifth-wheel (ultimately too big for my purposes) and a very simple "tear drop" (awesome except no bathroom and can't sleep four occasionally). The MM is meant to hit my personal sweet spot. I asked about the towing behavior because I've noticed that every now and then on RV forums multiple people will report odd stability items with certain trailer models. As you might expect, these are often the ones that focus their storage toward the rear of the trailer. I just wanted to ensure there were no unexpected "dynamic oddities" for this unit. It sounds like it is just fine, which is great.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:37 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

One thing you may want to note is that these units have torsion axles, which need to be towed completely flat. It can make setup a bit of a pain
Old 08-26-2020, 07:57 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

That is an important note. That is one reason why I did not consider the 5th wheel version. It’d be nose-high on my truck and overload the rear trailer axle.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:30 AM   #28
2019 1706fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
The 2306BHS models with the Azdel do not have the gel coat finish and just started to arrive at the dealers about 3 weeks ago just before the factory shutdown. Easy to recognize the Azdel models because of the change of the exterior finish.
My understanding of the change to Azdel was NOT the exterior layer which remains gelcoat fiberglass. The change to the sidewall "sandwich" is Azdel instead of Luan for the interior layer behind the exterior exposed-to-the-elements gelcoat.

Luan is wood, Azdel is synthetic, therefore less susceptible to rot longterm if there are leaks.
SonofBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 11:38 AM   #29
2019 1706fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmglidden View Post
Yes, there were some changes in the ‘20 model year. In April of ‘19 we purchased a ‘20 model year 2306 and it had a polished cap. I’m January we saw a ‘20 at an rv show and the changes I saw included:

Flush mount stove
Single basin sink
Fiberglass nose cap

There were more I just can’t remember what they were at the moment
Saw this about mid-model changes https://forums.goodsamclub.com/index...d/30003221.cfm
Old 08-27-2020, 11:51 AM   #30
Winnebago Master

When they changed to Azdel they also dropped the "Noble Classic" fiberglass and went to a lower grade called "Max" fiberglass from the same manufacturer (Crane). The MM exterior fiberglass is now quite similar to everybody else (you can see the fibers).
Old 08-27-2020, 01:51 PM   #31
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofBert View Post
My understanding of the change to Azdel was NOT the exterior layer which remains gelcoat fiberglass. The change to the sidewall "sandwich" is Azdel instead of Luan for the interior layer behind the exterior exposed-to-the-elements gelcoat.
My understanding was similar to Backtrack15's--that it's still fiberglass but not the same type, and some would argue not the same quality. But the Azdel is higher quality, so it's a trade off.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:34 PM   #32
Winnebago Master

I asked about it and the rationale was that the Noble Classic fiberglass was beautiful but many owners failed to really care for it properly. There was too much chalking and fading in the field, which was causing headaches for Winnebago. The new stuff is easier to maintain (more visually resistant to neglect).
Old 08-29-2020, 11:45 AM   #33
Winnebago Master

I can’t help but notice that there seems to be an inordinately large portion of the upper cabinet (left of the sink) that is blocked off behind the switches and monitor panel. The other MM floor plans have the same switches and monitor panel but seem to have far less of the cabinet space blocked. Anyone know if there is a good reason for this?
Old 08-29-2020, 12:28 PM   #34
2019 1706fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtrack15 View Post
I asked about it and the rationale was that the Noble Classic fiberglass was beautiful but many owners failed to really care for it properly. There was too much chalking and fading in the field, which was causing headaches for Winnebago. The new stuff is easier to maintain (more visually resistant to neglect).
I do love the details you bring out, thanks.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:45 PM   #35
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtrack15 View Post
I can’t help but notice that there seems to be an inordinately large portion of the upper cabinet (left of the sink) that is blocked off behind the switches and monitor panel. The other MM floor plans have the same switches and monitor panel but seem to have far less of the cabinet space blocked. Anyone know if there is a good reason for this?

I mounted my level mate pro on the panel, very thin and flimsy... fairly certain it's a waste of space...
TroutBum1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:22 PM   #36
Winnebago Watcher

We had ordered our 2306BHS in mid December 2019 and received a 2020 model mid January.
Our trailer has the new fiberglass front which hopefully improves aerodynamics, adzel panels, the cabinet doors to access under seat storage. Unfortunately it now has wood trusses instead of metal, but they used to build airplanes out of wood so i am ok with that. I installed a fantasic fan over the murphy bed and a 2" memory foam matress topper and took off for 3 weeks. Then midway into the trip started to get some electrical glitches. The oven wouldn't work right, believe the thermocouple is bad. The last night of the trip the lights wouldn't run off the battery and the slideout went dead. The fuses were all good. There are other issues such as cracked front decal, laminate by stove is falling off. I am taking it in for warrantee service I will post the results.
We really like the trailer overall but the quality has been somewhat disappointing.
We tow it with a 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR1 and it pulls quite well and average 11.5 mpg driving 65 on expressways. I can't blast up long grades but can easily keep up with the semi's.
tumbleweed55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:50 PM   #37
RDP
Utah 2306BHS

My 2020 2306BHS at the dealer now for 3 weeks for very similar issues. 90% travel at freeway speeds of 65 mph. The bridges and overpasses seems to be really rough lately. Look forward to your report.
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:46 AM   #38
His name is Bunker

Hey everyone,

just found this forum! I just bought a 2021 winnie 2306 BHS !! loving it so far

John
Bueller427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:53 AM   #39
His name is Bunker

first thing I did was change out the inside speakers... the factory ones are horrible. I also added some 12 volt mini fans to the bunk beds and 2 for the Murphy bed . work great

did the same speakers in the video.. was a 10 min upgrade install

Old 08-24-2021, 08:54 AM   #40
His name is Bunker

link to speakers:

https://www.amazon.com/Boss-Audio-Co...ronics&sr=1-15