Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-26-2019, 04:37 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

The 2019 2108DS is pre wired for the backup camera.
Fzyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:21 PM   #22
Micro Minnie Owner

Adding drawers that pull out toward the galley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fzyace View Post
The storage under the dinette is large, but not easy to access. We added a 12x24 drawer to each side that pulls out toward the galley. Helps a lot.
Hello! We just picked up our new 2019 2018DS yesterday and camped in it last night. So fun! However, accessing the storage in the dinette benches is a bit of a pain and I'd love to know how you added drawers to each side that pull out into the galley. Is there a kit you can buy?
CheriG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:57 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Dinette storage

I saw that the 2020 looks like it has doors on the dinette storage, I wondered how useful they would be. Certainly easier than installing drawers. No kit that I am aware of. I built the drawers, got the self closing slides at Lowes, and, after measuring 3 times, cut the holes.
Gary
Fzyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:58 AM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

I saw that the 2020 looks like it has doors on the dinette storage, I wondered how useful they would be. Certainly easier than installing drawers. No kit that I am aware of. I built the drawers, got the self closing slides at Lowes, and, after measuring 3 times, cut the holes.
Gary

this is the travel trailer we are looking at. My spouse likes everything about it. I was thinking of doing just this to the one we get, so i have access to it easier for cooking. I was wondering if you had a picture?
alcohall183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:35 PM   #25
2106 DS Micro Minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkid68 View Post
Just wondering how well the 2106DS tows behind the Tundra? We're planning on going with a 2019 model 2106DS later this month. I have never towed a travel trailer behind my 2012 5.7L Double Cab w/ factory tow package, this will be a new experience for me. Dealer is recommending a Blue Ox WD hitch system. Planning a long haul trip from Ohio to Florida this winter and would like to head to Montrose, Co next spring/summer. Any comments or insight would be appreciated.
This camera setup looks like a great little future addition to my rig also.
I don't have the exact set up as you but close, mine is a 2106DS pulled with a 2016 GMC Canyon 3.6L and a Blue Ox WD hitch. On my recent trip from Ohio to Florida via I75 I averaged 12.9 mpg with setting my cruise control on 62 mph. Staying in the right lane and letting traffic flow around me was very un-stressful. You will find that semi trucks will push you around a little bit but I encountered no sway.The Blue Ox tied the truck and trailer together well and made everything very stable.
Happy Trails
stoney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:16 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney1 View Post
I don't have the exact set up as you but close, mine is a 2106DS pulled with a 2016 GMC Canyon 3.6L and a Blue Ox WD hitch. On my recent trip from Ohio to Florida via I75 I averaged 12.9 mpg with setting my cruise control on 62 mph. Staying in the right lane and letting traffic flow around me was very un-stressful. You will find that semi trucks will push you around a little bit but I encountered no sway.The Blue Ox tied the truck and trailer together well and made everything very stable.
Happy Trails

My story is the opposite if yours, I had a Colorado with the v6 and factory towing package and had recently purchased a MM 2106DS. loved it the first year, Mainly short trips. Being new to towing a TT I really took my time. However, year two, long trip through the mountains. Bottom line, the Colorado had a tough time handling the long mountain steeper highways.I really had to push the Colorado's V6, note traveling alone with minimum supplies so trailer was no overloaded, also had a Husky WD hitch as well. There were a few times that the engine misfired and I finally had to take the vehicle to a GM dealer were the engine software was reset. Final trip there was an engine problem, at that point I was told that I was pushing the motor, it needed to have a part replaced in the fuel injection system. Given this news I upgraded to a 5.3 V8 Full size Chev. pickup with the factory towing package. No looking back, finished my trip through the Rockies, I can honestly say I hardly know I am hauling a trailer. I certainly miss the size of the Colorado, however I should have either bought a smaller drop trailer or had opted for the diesel version at the beginning. Or stayed away from the Mountains. However, now with the new truck am looking forward to next years camping season.
TrailerDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkid68 View Post
Just wondering how well the 2106DS tows behind the Tundra? We're planning on going with a 2019 model 2106DS later this month. I have never towed a travel trailer behind my 2012 5.7L Double Cab w/ factory tow package, this will be a new experience for me. Dealer is recommending a Blue Ox WD hitch system. Planning a long haul trip from Ohio to Florida this winter and would like to head to Montrose, Co next spring/summer. Any comments or insight would be appreciated.
This camera setup looks like a great little future addition to my rig also.

You will be fine, I had a Colorado with the V6 and factory towing option, very similar to the Tacoma. That did not work out very well at all. The first year was short little trips and everything seemed to go well. Year two longer trips, mountain passes to experience, total different story. The V6 was just not up to the mountain passes and also manage to keep to the speed limits. I then realized my mistake, should have either opted for a smaller trailer like the Minnie Drop or RPod or else have opted for the torque of a V8. Now with a 5.3 V8 Chev. Trail Boss pickup I hardly know I am towing a trailer and have no problems keeping to the speed limits. BONUS, the 5.3V8 actually gets better gas mileage than the V6 did.
TrailerDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:38 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerDon View Post
You will be fine, I had a Colorado with the V6 and factory towing option, very similar to the Tacoma. That did not work out very well at all. The first year was short little trips and everything seemed to go well. Year two longer trips, mountain passes to experience, total different story. The V6 was just not up to the mountain passes and also manage to keep to the speed limits. I then realized my mistake, should have either opted for a smaller trailer like the Minnie Drop or RPod or else have opted for the torque of a V8. Now with a 5.3 V8 Chev. Trail Boss pickup I hardly know I am towing a trailer and have no problems keeping to the speed limits. BONUS, the 5.3V8 actually gets better gas mileage than the V6 did.
I did nearly the same and for the same reasons, I traded my Colorado for a Tahoe, its a great combination and the Tahoe (though wider by 6") is still short enough to be easy to park in town.
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:37 AM   #29
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerDon View Post
You will be fine, I had a Colorado with the V6 and factory towing option, very similar to the Tacoma. That did not work out very well at all. The first year was short little trips and everything seemed to go well. Year two longer trips, mountain passes to experience, total different story. The V6 was just not up to the mountain passes and also manage to keep to the speed limits. I then realized my mistake, should have either opted for a smaller trailer like the Minnie Drop or RPod or else have opted for the torque of a V8.
Or you could have opted for the 2.8 Duramax Diesel in the Colorado. That would also have given you an exhaust brake for going down the other side of passes

For mid-size trucks and towing I think it's the only option due to fuel range concerns. For full size trucks I'd make sure you get the larger fuel tank regardless of whether you go gas or diesel.
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:39 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

I added two 6 V Batteries on my 2018 Micro Minnie 2106 with about 2” to spare . Also found the appropriate battery case at Camping world
TerryMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:03 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

power cord for micro minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyScott View Post
Welcome to the group. I only joined a short time ago when I bought my 2108DS. Only got to try it out once because the cold weather was closing in on us. But, it seemed to have plenty of space for the two of us, the slide out adds a lot of room. I like the narrower 7' width for towing with my Chevy Colorado. I mounted a backup camera using some ingenuity and the spare tire mount. I have also heard of someone else mounting the camera up high and getting power from the clearance lights. I use a camera that links to my Garmin GPS.
hi scott, i just bought a micro minnie in january. i took it to the dealer to have a couple things added. they had it a week. got home with it and the power cord was missing. the tech is trying to find one. brought me one to use in meantime. can you send me a pic of it and how long is it?? i didn't measure mine but the cord he brought to use is 25' and seems shorter. i remember commenting on walk thru at delivery that is was very long. mine has the adventure package and convenience package. if you could send me a pick and the length i would really appreciate it. he is going to look tomorrow to see if he can find one. my email is [email protected] thanks so much.
giraffenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:47 PM   #32
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffenut View Post
hi scott, i just bought a micro minnie in january. i took it to the dealer to have a couple things added. they had it a week. got home with it and the power cord was missing. the tech is trying to find one. brought me one to use in meantime. can you send me a pic of it and how long is it?? i didn't measure mine but the cord he brought to use is 25' and seems shorter. i remember commenting on walk thru at delivery that is was very long. mine has the adventure package and convenience package. if you could send me a pick and the length i would really appreciate it. he is going to look tomorrow to see if he can find one. my email is [email protected] thanks so much.
Can you please limit yourself to asking a question once? I've read four or five questions from you to ask two questions. If you'll note there's a recent thread area so new questions on old threads tend to get noticed.
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:30 AM   #33
Winnebago Camper

sorry am new to this site. just trying to get info and learn to navigate the site, making replies.
giraffenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 07:35 PM   #34
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
The 2019 2108DS is pre wired for the backup camera.
Exactly. What do I need to buy to use the camera? Where can I learn more about its features, how it works, etc.?
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:42 AM   #35
Winnebago Camper

We installed the Furrion backup camera with the marker light. Got the 5 inch monitor so that we could see it better. It works great and the color screen is excellent. It was very easy to install and set up. The directions were very clear. Just be aware that you have to have your vehicle lights on (not the running lights) for it to work while you are traveling. I hope this link works. I’m on my iPad and not sure if I copied it correctly. We bought it from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Furrion-Wirele...cd_asin_2&th=1
JuneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 05:43 AM   #36
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
The storage under the dinette is large, but not easy to access. We added a 12x24 drawer to each side that pulls out toward the galley. Helps a lot.
How did you do that? Is there a kit or did you do it yourself?
Chiefdeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:35 PM   #37
Winnebago Camper

Yes, there is ample storage underneath both benches of the dinette seats. We utilize it heavily. There are threads in this forum that speak to installing 12x24 inch drawers into that storage area to make it more easily accessible to use that area. My wife and I are exploring that option also because it is a bit of a pain in the arse to get to that access.
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote