Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-30-2021, 03:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Micro Minnie 2022 drawers

Hi there. New to this forum. I have a brand new 2108ds and a lot of screws came out as i was driving to CA. No dealer will work on it because I didn’t buy it 5hru them. I found where most of the screws go but I can’t figure out how to remove drawers. 2 of the drawers won’t come out all the way. Help! Virginia

I also has a water leak. Found it coming from cold water adapter on back of out door shower. I tighten with my hand no leak but I am sure it will loosen up when I start driving again. Does anyone know if there is a washer on the. White screw adapter that the hose attaches to?
VirginiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 08:09 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi and welcome.

It’s common for some screws to appear after a trip. If the RV is brand new not all of them have come out of somewhere. They can just be dropped behind a cabinet during construction. I’m not saying this is true of yours but pointing out that it’s a possibility. I keep a baggy of mystery screws that appear on the floor but don’t have an obvious “home.” It’s probably got 6 or so screws of various sizes in there.

All RV owners, by necessity, have to apply some DIY repair skills. It just a fact of RV life.

If you have fixed the leak I’d consider it fixed unless it starts leaking again. Not everything will loosen again. If it does then that will require a more permanent fix.

And don’t give up, not all RV dealers are the same. While they may be too busy to accommodate warranty work on TTs they didn’t sell there are other options, and other dealers that will help you out. But, you really should save those tasks for serious problems not the easy issues.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

You should report any CA Winnebago dealers who refuse to work on it. They are required to under their contract with Winnebago and they only do this to scare buyers into overpaying by thousands to buy from them instead of going to an out-of-state dealer that isn’t going to gouge their customers. So sick of these shady dealers in CA. I’m driving all the way from California to Bish’s in Nebraska in a couple of weeks to pick up my new 2022 Micro Minnie (and saving $3,500) but realize the shady Winnebago dealers in CA won’t give me the time of day if I need warranty service. Fortunately there’s a Bish’s in Oregon now.
Awfoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 04:36 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awfoust View Post
You should report any CA Winnebago dealers who refuse to work on it. They are required to under their contract with Winnebago and they only do this to scare buyers into overpaying by thousands to buy from them instead of going to an out-of-state dealer that isn’t going to gouge their customers. So sick of these shady dealers in CA. I’m driving all the way from California to Bish’s in Nebraska in a couple of weeks to pick up my new 2022 Micro Minnie (and saving $3,500) but realize the shady Winnebago dealers in CA won’t give me the time of day if I need warranty service. Fortunately there’s a Bish’s in Oregon now.
Well to be totally honest here...you are not 'exactly' saving that $3,500 dollars, at the end of the trail...for you must add in any expense you will incur, like gasoline, motel, and food while on the road to bring your out-of-state unit home. I'd think that as the present cost of fuel alone, that you will burn there and back to your driveway or storage designation, at least close to $800 to $1,000.00 dollars and then fast food and restaurant food, along with motel and hotel $$$'s for accommodation there, unless you plan to sleep somewhere in your vehicle. I assume that you will sleep in your T.T. on the way back. Then...as everybody seems to point out...if you do need warranty work, or parts preferential, most local dealers near your home, will blow you off, knowing why you bought from xxxx miles away from home base. For myself, I always try to buy locally from a dealer...for in the long run, and end run...I wish to help ensure that they will remain in business for when I need parts, or when I truly need emergency work on my T.T. For both those mentioned reasons, and that I did INDEED buy from them...they will be there for me in those regards.... It has always turned out that way for us...for the last four T.T.'s that we have owned through the years.
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I'm one of those Californians who went to another state to buy my RV. The local dealer wanted full MSRP and would not budge on price. When I told the salesman that I could save nearly $30k by going to Ohio to buy he said "Go to Ohio" so I did. At least I THINK he said "Go to Ohio" -

Anyway, after I got home and got a recall letter from the manufacturer I called the local dealer about the recall and before asking whether I'd bought from them the lady who answered the phone said it would be about 8 weeks before they could look at it and perform the recall. I also had an electrical problem and got the same answer when I called about getting that fixed - 8 weeks or more waiting for the first available appointment - I hadn't said what the problem was or whether I had bought from them or even that it was a warranty issue - 8 weeks or more was the waiting time for everyone. So I fixed it myself - just a loose wire that took two days to find and two minutes to fix.

My conclusion is that buying from the out of state dealer did save me a lot of money and made no difference whatsoever in getting service from the local dealer - service availability is poor whether you buy from them or not.
jayelldouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:57 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayelldouble View Post
I called the local dealer about the recall and before asking whether I'd bought from them the lady who answered the phone said it would be about 8 weeks before they could look at it and perform the recall.
This is, unfortunately, totally common for dealer service especially during the Summer camping season. I would make the appointment because everyone else will tell you the same thing. It has nothing to do with where you purchased.

If you had purchased the RV from that dealer they "may" have given you a slightly shorter wait for service - but even this is a maybe.

Too many RVs need service and the dealers are swamped. Many people think of their RV as they would an automobile. If the chevy needs service you go to the chevy dealer. But actually there is not much about owning (or buying) an RV that equates to owning a car. Many times independent RV Repair shops can perform service on your Winnebago and a call to the main Warranty Service office at the the Winnebago's HQs will give you suggestions of other places to try.

My Winnebago is out of warranty. But the independent service shop I use in town is authorized to service Winnebagos, Tiffins, Newmars, Forest Rivers, etc. They generally have a 2-week lead time to get an appointment and it's their goal to have RVs in the shop no more than 2-days.

So, find some good reliable shops in your area that can work with your Winnebago's warranty repairs.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:20 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Seeker View Post
Well to be totally honest here...you are not 'exactly' saving that $3,500 dollars, at the end of the trail...for you must add in any expense you will incur, like gasoline, motel, and food while on the road to bring your out-of-state unit home. I'd think that as the present cost of fuel alone, that you will burn there and back to your driveway or storage designation, at least close to $800 to $1,000.00 dollars and then fast food and restaurant food, along with motel and hotel $$$'s for accommodation there, unless you plan to sleep somewhere in your vehicle. I assume that you will sleep in your T.T. on the way back. Then...as everybody seems to point out...if you do need warranty work, or parts preferential, most local dealers near your home, will blow you off, knowing why you bought from xxxx miles away from home base. For myself, I always try to buy locally from a dealer...for in the long run, and end run...I wish to help ensure that they will remain in business for when I need parts, or when I truly need emergency work on my T.T. For both those mentioned reasons, and that I did INDEED buy from them...they will be there for me in those regards.... It has always turned out that way for us...for the last four T.T.'s that we have owned through the years.
We’ll first of all I said “I saved $3,500” the actual difference in contract price with fees and everything was significantly more than that. The $3,500 was a very conservative estimate based on 75 cents a mile to cover gas and depreciation on my vehicle. Plus $50 an hour for my time. My time was the biggest factor for me personally, because I was already going to be in that area visiting family for the holidays but instead of flying I’m driving now so I can pick it up. I’m staying in a hotel but that’s free because I have a bunch of free night certificates from my credit card that I didn’t use during Covid that are about to expire. So in reality the savings is actually probably quite a bit more than the $3,500 I mentioned. But TBH even if it had been $100 difference I still probably would have decided to go out of state based on the fact that they all responded with scare tactics when I tried to use their competitors price as leverage to negotiate. Not a good indicator of future service. I’m pretty handy so I’ll only need to use a service center for the most serious repairs, so everyone’s situation is different. My original point still stands though. It’s not only a violation of their dealer agreement with Winnebago to refuse to service a Winnebago product that’s still under warranty it’s also just bad business and they should be held accountable.
Awfoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:39 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
This is, unfortunately, totally common for dealer service especially during the Summer camping season. I would make the appointment because everyone else will tell you the same thing. It has nothing to do with where you purchased.

If you had purchased the RV from that dealer they "may" have given you a slightly shorter wait for service - but even this is a maybe.

Too many RVs need service and the dealers are swamped. Many people think of their RV as they would an automobile. If the chevy needs service you go to the chevy dealer. But actually there is not much about owning (or buying) an RV that equates to owning a car. Many times independent RV Repair shops can perform service on your Winnebago and a call to the main Warranty Service office at the the Winnebago's HQs will give you suggestions of other places to try.

My Winnebago is out of warranty. But the independent service shop I use in town is authorized to service Winnebagos, Tiffins, Newmars, Forest Rivers, etc. They generally have a 2-week lead time to get an appointment and it's their goal to have RVs in the shop no more than 2-days.

So, find some good reliable shops in your area that can work with your Winnebago's warranty repairs.
Creative, my local dealer has his 'book in' policy right on the front door...in that if you buy from them, you will always get booked in preference over any other non-sale walk in.... and that has been the rule of the day since we first bought with them. They know you...you need to book in...and within 7 days, you are in....so yes, I have metrics that it is indeed a factor on whether you get prompt shop service, or...you get blown off... Yep...it does matter, if you buy from a local dealer. Here, in Ontario it sure does!
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 05:15 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

My issue is I live half time in Colorado And half time in CA. I just so happen to buy my new Winnebago in Colorado. I did finally find a dealer 80 miles from me that will work on it. But I have a 7 wk wait. I fixed most of my issues. But i cant seem to fix the drawers. 3 of them won't pull all the way out. I can't figure out how to pull the drawers all the way out. 2 of them have loose screws way in the back. Any suggestions.
VirginiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:26 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaB View Post
My issue is I live half time in Colorado And half time in CA. I just so happen to buy my new Winnebago in Colorado. I did finally find a dealer 80 miles from me that will work on it. But I have a 7 wk wait. I fixed most of my issues. But i cant seem to fix the drawers. 3 of them won't pull all the way out. I can't figure out how to pull the drawers all the way out. 2 of them have loose screws way in the back. Any suggestions.
I don't know what kind of overall skill set you have, but I recommend hiring a local handyman.
Old 12-18-2021, 09:18 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awfoust View Post
I just purchased a 2100BH from Bish's in Lincoln, Nebraska. The deal was absolutely the best I could find and the sales and service people are superior to any RV dealer I've had in the last 30 years.
grogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 10:14 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I also found leaky connections where all the feed lines went into faucets. After finding a couple I pulled all the panels and found one behind that outside shower as well. After you tighten them, run the hot water in each hot line and make sure it doesn't start leaking again. Once you have it all good, I'd leave the pump on overnight and check again the next day. I worked out all my leaks this way. It's not too different with putting in a new kitchen or bath. Those things will be fine after install but then need another round of tightening up.
randyb is offline   Reply With Quote