Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-07-2023, 06:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Smile micro minnie 1708fb battery relocate

Question and advice regarding relocating battery to inside front storage enclosure. Adding renogy 200 amp hr lithium battery and 100 amp battleborn battery powering dc loads only. i want to disconnect the charging system to the battery from the inverter as i have a 20amp/hr lithium renogy charging system for charging the battery if needed. The 200amp hr battery is charged via a 480watt solar panel and 40amp mppt and the 100amp hr battery is charged via a 190 watt solar panel and 20amp mppt. both batteries are seperately feeding the dc loads via a 2 way disconnect switch. i want to disconnect the inverter charging system because i also have a 2400whr solar generator that i connect to the ac power when needed for a/c loads and when its plugged in the watt hours are depleted because it wants to charge the battery, to avoid this i shut the disconnect switch to off, i have been on the winnebego website and cant find any electrical schematics for the 2022 micro minnie 1708fb. the way it looks so far i have to run the new wiring from the disconnect switch to the 30 amp breaker under the trailer which is back tracking but figure this is the only way. the new wiring is 2awg for positive and negative wiring, maybe a bit overkill but dont want any line loss issues. any info appreciated thanks
k1m0e6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 06:56 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1m0e6869 View Post
Question and advice regarding relocating battery to inside front storage enclosure. Adding renogy 200 amp hr lithium battery and 100 amp battleborn battery powering dc loads only. i want to disconnect the charging system to the battery from the inverter as i have a 20amp/hr lithium renogy charging system for charging the battery if needed. The 200amp hr battery is charged via a 480watt solar panel and 40amp mppt and the 100amp hr battery is charged via a 190 watt solar panel and 20amp mppt. both batteries are seperately feeding the dc loads via a 2 way disconnect switch. i want to disconnect the inverter charging system because i also have a 2400whr solar generator that i connect to the ac power when needed for a/c loads and when its plugged in the watt hours are depleted because it wants to charge the battery, to avoid this i shut the disconnect switch to off, i have been on the winnebego website and cant find any electrical schematics for the 2022 micro minnie 1708fb. the way it looks so far i have to run the new wiring from the disconnect switch to the 30 amp breaker under the trailer which is back tracking but figure this is the only way. the new wiring is 2awg for positive and negative wiring, maybe a bit overkill but dont want any line loss issues. any info appreciated thanks
First I'm going to make a couple assumptions, I assume you mean "converter" and not "inverter" in your description above. I also assume you are connecting your solar generator to your shore power connection to provide AC power to your Micro Minnie.

If that is the case, here is a link describing the two different ways I have disconnected my converter within the Power Center to take it out of the battery charging cycle. This allows your solar generator to power the remaining AC circuits within the Micro Minnie without the additional constant draw of the converter.

Here's a link to how I rerouted the OEM battery wires from the tongue back into the pass-through to a new junction box allowing me to connect the OEM battery wires to my lithium batteries located inside the pass-through.
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 08:04 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

yes i meant converter instead of inverter, sorry we still have 2 feet of snow here but should melt fast soon hopefully and i can take off the cover and start the relocation process. i did get under the trailer and have an idea how i can start the process. inside the storage compartment i am going to take off the inside wall to access the wires at the front of the trailer, i see that there is wires going into the front wall from underneath from the front drivers side of the tongue. this must be the wires running from the old solar charge controller. from here i will run the new power cables negating any extra holes in the floor hopefully and tie into the 30amp fuse underneath. i am going to add a plastic water resistant box to the underbelly with waterproof glands this should protect the 30amp fuses from future exposure to the elements. thanks for the link provided. and yes i want the solar generator to power the ac loads but not charge the battery as this is a significant draw on the watt hr consumption. i have a renogy 20amp ac charger i can plug in if needed.
Old 04-08-2023, 08:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

great youtube video found for disabling converter charging just what i was looking for. and besides the winnebego this is my favorite trailer the nash series, cant beat nash in my opinion
Old 04-08-2023, 08:52 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Fred’s method for accomplishing your objective is certainly the most inexpensive and straightforward approach. However there is another way. But it probably only makes sense if you want or need ac power when your powerstation is discharged and you don’t have SP. Replacing the OEM converter/charger with a Bluetooth programmable hybrid inverter/charger allows you to turn off the charging circuit and invert dc to ac from house batteries. When powerstation is charged and connected via SP circuit, an inverter charger will simply pass through ac from the powerstation, and not provide dc charging amperage to house batteries. That’s what I did. Now I can supplement dc capacity of my LFP, and supply 30amp ac with a powerstation. But when I did it, the big LFP powerstations were not on the market yet.

Tags
battery, cat