Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-25-2021, 06:30 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

I replaced the front manual vent with a powered fan. Removing the inside shroud, there are accessible wires connecting the (2) dome lights. Spliced into those and works great. Easy peasy.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:01 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstraz View Post
I put a Maxxair deluxe on the bathroom fan. When closed, the cover hangs over by about 1/4".
I am curious.. about to do the same thing. Did you have any issues with the vent in the rear? Also is your 1800bh a 2021?

Thanks!
wikidpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 04:40 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Hi Beartrack15,

Do you happen to have a picture of the fan with the spacer and how much clearance do you have? Going to attempt to install the front one over the bed where the solar port is located. I am attempting make a spacer like yours.. was wondering if 1in is enough to clear and if you had any issues so far?

I did end up installing the maxx air in the rear bathroom on my 1800bh and had to move the vent pipe over an inch to clear the lid. I was lucky there was some wiggle room to do that otherwise the lid would never close. I guess they are all hand built so they vary slightly on every unit.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtrack15 View Post
Since you have a 2021, I’d recommend checking the clearance between the vent and the MC4 solar port on the roof. The Maxxfan Deluxe shroud extends rearward a few inches and sits quite low. I had to build a 1” spacer to clear the MC4 port.
Old 10-13-2021, 07:43 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikidpete View Post
Hi Beartrack15,

Do you happen to have a picture of the fan with the spacer and how much clearance do you have? Going to attempt to install the front one over the bed where the solar port is located. I am attempting make a spacer like yours.. was wondering if 1in is enough to clear and if you had any issues so far?

I did end up installing the maxx air in the rear bathroom on my 1800bh and had to move the vent pipe over an inch to clear the lid. I was lucky there was some wiggle room to do that otherwise the lid would never close. I guess they are all hand built so they vary slightly on every unit.

Thanks!
I believe I had around 0.25" of extra clearance between the fan cover and the solar connectors. I did not have any trouble with it at all. Have fun!
backtrack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:29 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtrack15 View Post
I believe I had around 0.25" of extra clearance between the fan cover and the solar connectors. I did not have any trouble with it at all. Have fun!
Thanks for the info.

For those also interested here is pic before and after I moved the vent pipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6299.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	181066
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6293.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	181067
Old 10-18-2021, 12:26 PM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

Looks good Wikidpete! I plan to tackle this project in spring with maxxfans front and rear.

For the front, I was considering order a piece of HDPE that would act as the spacer.
brownct9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, install, power