Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-06-2021, 02:07 PM   #1
Nordichawk

Mattress Replacement Suggestions for Micro Minnie Models

We have a 2108TB MM with the twin beds with an option to convert to king size. I have found the original twin mattress to be too hard even with a 3-inch foam topper. We are considering converting to a king size mattress and would like any suggestions or recommendations on mattresses.
Nordichawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 05:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Wonderful Mattress

I replaced the immediately flattened down, uncomfortable mattress that Winnebago supplied with one from Wilderness Mattress Company. All made in the USA and organic materials that don't have chemical smell. I have a 2106DS full size murphy bed and bought the Montana hybrid. I actually look forward to sleeping at night! When the mattress arrived it opened up easily and took less than five minute to reach full size!! I don't remember where, but either they were having a sale or I found a coupon code. Or you can always call them and ask!
Rubyhummbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 07:21 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

https://www.amazon.ca/Lippert-Compon.../dp/B01DQBUAHC
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 02:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We immediately turfed the terrible Winnebago mattress and replaced it with a foam mattress from Ikea that fit perfectly on the RV Queen in our 1800BH. Then cut down a memory foam topper to fit, and it was perfection for not a lot of money.

I did dissect the Winnebago mattress and cut it up to replace one of the even worse bunk mattresses, which was simply stuffed with poly batting. The second bunk I replaced with another Ikea mattress. Started with a very firm Ikea twin bed mattress, cut it up, put another memory foam topper on top, and it's pretty good.
R_Lefebvre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 05:23 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubyhummbird View Post
I replaced the immediately flattened down, uncomfortable mattress that Winnebago supplied with one from Wilderness Mattress Company. All made in the USA and organic materials that don't have chemical smell. I have a 2106DS full size murphy bed and bought the Montana hybrid. I actually look forward to sleeping at night! When the mattress arrived it opened up easily and took less than five minute to reach full size!! I don't remember where, but either they were having a sale or I found a coupon code. Or you can always call them and ask!
Our 2108ds has a split foam mattress, I guess so it will fit under the top shelf when you raise the Murphy bed. Did you have to remove the top shelf to accommodate the Montana?
Old 09-12-2021, 05:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordichawk View Post
We have a 2108TB MM with the twin beds with an option to convert to king size. I have found the original twin mattress to be too hard even with a 3-inch foam topper. We are considering converting to a king size mattress and would like any suggestions or recommendations on mattresses.
We replaced the mattress in our 2108TB with a 10” memory foam mattress from Sam’s Club and a 3” memory foam topper. It’s very comfortable but maybe a little too thick. A 8” mattress and 2” topper would be just about right.

Good luck.
Ljones1251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:50 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

We got the original Winnebago O.E.M mattress with our 2018 1706FB. It must have come from a medieval Torture Chamber supplier!

We put on a 3 inch topper but only truly saw that we were attempting to buffer or lessen the lack of support, comfort, basically a not good, but a GREAT night's rest.

We finally decided (first time ever..) to go with a premium level, premium grade R.V. Short Queen. After 'auditioning' where we could about 10 mattresses, we chose the Denver Premium Euro-Top (three layers of complementing build (to prevent sag, hot spots, center roll, between two sleepers, etc) at 11 inches thick. The Denver is also made in the U.S.A, and has NO recyclable materials..(watch that, ..where your mattress was made...chemical/material impurities, right from the factory-->China..etc...!!!! The MINUTE we both lay down upon this mattress, you could tell that NO thickness of 'lip stick' will take away the core lack of a proper mattress build. No amount. It only tries to camouflage that. Since buying a mattress 'up to the task' we have had simply fabulous sleep, restful and invigorating, and not merely 'make do'... I highly recommend that one (if surely...they can afford the cost of an R.V. or T.T. then surely, they can afford another $800, to $1,000 for a premium grade sleeping experience...where you spend 1/3 at least, of your camping life upon it! If one wants to only throw an extra 2 or 3 inches of foam over the O.E.M mattress, of course that is their affair, and their choice to sleep with, and upon that arrangement. One has to buy a full replacement (again, not a mid level or less mattress replacement, or you are basically swapping the O.E.M. for the same!!!) Folks..we decided to finally do the proper route,, and we both think it was one of the MOST IMPORTANT purchases, EVER, to go into our T.T. Ever!

The difference between, make do, patch it up, ..and a premium sleeping experience, is night and day, night and day, and I can state that...for I/we now have actual usage sleeping metrics to compare. One can go 'lipstick on a pig', and "it's ok now...I don't feel outright back, leg, hip pain, not saying I wake up fully rested, nope, but" ....., or one can go and spend another grand...on THEMSELVES...as they had no decision problem spending thousands to purchase the R.V. or T.T it would go into!!!

Might sound very opinionated, but, that does not diminish the truth of the post.... It is night and day.... Yes, we went the add a topper route, like some here are posting,...yeah, it diminished the crap O.E.M mattress, to a level of 'tolerable sleep', but that in NO WAY, comes to the threshold of the wonderful, supported, and fully rested sleep, we wake up from, since getting rid of the topper capped O.E.M. mattress, and replaced it with a true, real, non 'lipstick on the O.E.M' sleeping experience.

-------------------------------------------------------

Denver Mattress 326395 Mattress RV Supreme Euro Top Short Queen; 60 Inch Width x 75 Inch Length; 11 Inch Profile Height; 1.8 Pound High Density Foam

Wake up relaxed and rejuvenated with the RV Supreme Euro Top all-foam Denver Mattress, featuring a high-quality foam core and euro top quilt for total support, luxurious comfort and long lasting durability. The high-density foam in quilt layers supports your body to promote proper sleeping posture, relieve pressure points and reduce motion transfer between sleeping partners. Choose the RV Supreme Euro Top Denver Mattress to enjoy the comfort of home while on the road.

Features:

High-Density Foam Core Supports Body To Promote Proper Sleeping Posture
Provides Luxurious Comfort And Relieves Pressure Points
High-Density Foam In Quilt Layers And Plant-Based Foam Provide Long-Lasting Durability And Comfort
Luxury Stretch Knit Cover Is Both Soft And Breathable
All-Foam Construction Prevents Motion Transfer And Roll-Together Between Sleeping Partners
Limited 10-Year Non-Prorated Warranty

Specifications:

Length: 75 Inch
Profile Height: 11 Inch
Width: 60 Inch
Size: Short Queen Size Bed
Comfort Level: 2 Inch Euro Top
Color: White
Inner Construction: 1.8 Pounds High Density Foam
Outer Cover: Luxury Stretch Knit Cover

RV Supreme Euro Top
Short Queen
60 Inch Width x 75 Inch Length
11 Inch Profile Height
2 Inch 1.8 Pound Foam Comfort Layer With 9 Inch High Density BioFlex Soy Based Core
Quilted Stretch Knit Cover
Compatible With Adjustable Bases
Roll Packed In Box

----------------------------------------------------------

I fully recommend that one should consider that $1,000.00 for a GREAT night's sleep, EVERY NIGHT, as the best money spent on YOURSELVES! Cheers,
Old 09-14-2021, 06:56 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We knew for sure we were going to replace it, even before we bought the 2100bh. The local dealer even gave us the name of a mattress store that has mattress sizes to fit rvs. We called and talked to them about the available options. Then we slept on the stock mattress. I still find it hard to believe, but we both really like it. I sleep like a rock on it.
FlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:16 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
We knew for sure we were going to replace it, even before we bought the 2100bh. The local dealer even gave us the name of a mattress store that has mattress sizes to fit rvs. We called and talked to them about the available options. Then we slept on the stock mattress. I still find it hard to believe, but we both really like it. I sleep like a rock on it.

When and if you decide to 'see what other' sleeping experiences you and your wife might wish to experience...no money wasted, at all, with upgrading just WHAT you lay upon! Cheers!

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Denve...-p/14-0151.htm

Wake up relaxed and rejuvenated with the Denver Mattress 3626395 Short Queen Supreme Euro Top RV Mattress. Features a high-quality 9" foam core and euro top quilt for total support, luxurious comfort, and long-lasting durability.
2" euro top promotes proper sleeping posture, relieve pressure points, and reduce motion transfer between sleeping partners.
Luxury stretch knit cover is both soft and breathable.
Rigorously tested to ensure durability.
Made from soy-based BioFlex foam.
Dimensions: 75" L x 60" W x 11" H.
Weight: 57 lbs.
Limited 10-year manufacturer warranty
Made in the USA
Denver Mattress Short Queen Supreme Euro Top RV Mattress - 75" x 60" x 11"
Old 09-24-2021, 08:55 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

No, it fits fine
Rubyhummbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:49 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

mattress

Replaced min with a Serta Memory Foam mattress. Perfect Sleeper Nestled Night - Full was the one.

LOVE IT. Super comfortable. Fits perfectly in my 2225RL
ocbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 04:26 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

I'm new to the forum, thank you for allowing me to join the community.

I'm looking to buy a used Minnie 2101/2106DS with Murphy Bed or possibly the 2101/2106FBS with flat non folding queen bed and would love feedback.

Any comments if the DS (split mattress) can be upgraded to be as comfortable as a good non folding mattress. Or is the fold always a source of discomfort? I heard some replace the folding mattress with a solid mattress and push it up to the front when not being used so as to use the murphy as a couch.
Bcborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:55 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Does anyone out there have a 2013 - 2015 Minnie Model 2101 and could you confirm the mattress size used in your model.

I'm learning that the folding mattress tends to be 54' wide and the solid mattress 60" wide for the 2101 Minnie.

Read some folks replace the 54" folding mattress over the Murphy for a 60" wide solid non folding mattress and leave the bed in the down position or strapping it up on an angle position somehow when using the Murphy.

60" wont fit in the Micro Minnie 2106 as the trailer is only 7' 0" wide and there's not enough room between the wardrobe and the nightstand to accommodate the width.

Thanks
Bcborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 05:46 PM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

I have the Micro Minnie 1706FB and you're right, the stock mattress does leave something to be desired. I have a cot mattress that I put on the top as it's just me, and between the two of them it's very comfortable.

I see folks have been looking for RV size mattresses, mine is exactly a Queen size, 60x80, and when I replace it, I'll go for a nice Serta or something like that.

What I need now is a more comfortable second mattress for the dinette sleeping spot, so my guest(s) don't have to sleep on those seat pillows! Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ross
RossB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 10:38 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordichawk View Post
I have a 2108TB as well. First thing I did was got rid of the bricks they call a mattress! We went with a king size memory foam mattress, and it was slightly too large to fit the twin bed sleep area thanks to the raised trim at the front edge of the bed area. I built a lift for it, just used foam insulation, so it would sit over the top of the edge trim without pressing on it. As it sits now, the mattress edge is about 1/2in shy of the door, so in my mind it's a perfect fit and I am super happy with it.

Pics of the trim I wanted to lift the mattress over. I wanted to make sure the insulation wouldn't slide on the smooth wood, so I added some grip tape. I cut the insulation to make install and removal easier. Mattress fits like a glove, and I sleep like a baby in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 5-5-2023 at 9.28 AM.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	185878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 5-5-2023 at 9.33 AM.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	409.5 KB
ID:	185879  

Name:	Screen Shot 5-5-2023 at 9.31 AM.jpg
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	185880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 5-5-2023 at 9.34 AM.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	185881  

Name:	Screen Shot 5-5-2023 at 9.32 AM.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	185882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 5-5-2023 at 9.32 AM - 2.jpg
Size:	366.0 KB
ID:	185883  

Name:	Screen Shot 5-5-2023 at 9.32 AM - 3.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	273.4 KB
ID:	185884  
Lord Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:19 AM   #16
Winnebagel

To add to the many suggestions already put forth here, we replaced the mattress in our 2100BH with this Lucid one from Amazon. A huge step up from the Winnebago one (I cut it in half and repurposed the foam to give the bunk beds a bit more cushioning).

https://www.amazon.com/LUCID-Inch-Fu.../dp/B077629RCY
jwiebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 12:05 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Any suggestions for replacing the mattress with the murphy bed option?
mfouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 08:24 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

We went with a Custom Mattress Factory hinged mattress. We got the 8” Kinsley 56” wide by 74 inches long with the hinge 32” down from the head. I had read in a different thread where someone is using a standard mattress and folding it like a taco. That’s basically what we do. Before we fold the bed up we fold the head over at the hinge towards the foot, then lift the bed to the up position. It works pretty well and the mattress is night and day more comfortable than the one that came with the camper. I can not feel the hinge while I sleep either. I’ve attached a photo of the new mattress in position and the construction of the original one. I was amazed at how they are constructed but it’s no wonder they are terrible. In the picture it looks like the new one hangs over the edge but it doesn’t it just may have been a little in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	940E915D-6809-4292-A914-74D8D7818F85.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	435.2 KB
ID:	186298   Click image for larger version

Name:	4B7CA1A5-7F6E-4B9E-A0AF-5E771DA12DF5.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	186299  

Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 09:42 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

We replaced our mattresses 2108TB with custom size RV Mattress by Brooklyn Bedding. Made in the USA(AZ) 32”x74” x10” Dreamfoam Essential $374.25 each. Elected to go with the standard/entry level mattress. Very nice product that fits perfectly.
PAPA HOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement