Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-24-2022, 12:24 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Low Level Water Stains

Good day All,

I recently purchased a used 2017 2106FBS that was titled in Utah since new and I noticed some staining of the light colored white wood near the floor.

I have checked the exterior roof for blemishes in the rubber roof and lap sealed areas I did find a 1/2" long split in the lap sealant near the bath vent pipe in the right rear corner and I have since sealed that. Not sure if any water came in there as their is absolutely no marks on the ceiling in the bathroom wardrobe cabinet or walls inside the wardrobe (all levels).

Their are no marks (stains) on the complete interior in the ceiling area or down the walls anywhere in the trailer.

I think it is from moisture in the trailer from condensation. I'm wondering, was the trailer stored without absorbent, was it from boiling water or hot showers, but the interior shows no sign of use (stove/oven/shower).

Was something wet in the pass-thru that caused the staining at the front wall? Did someone throw a wet towel on the floor in-front of the bathroom cabinets. There was a stain under the bathroom sink trap about 4" round, likely loose trap, but the stain never reached the vertical wall. We did experience leak in the kitchen sink strap on our way home as it came undone and dumped the water in the trap onto the cabinet base. We caught that right away and cleaned it up, It appears not to have left residual marks.

Overall, the moisture looks to be from inside not coming in from the outside.

The bathroom has the most stains, I have yet to pull the divider to make sure the hot water tank wasn't leaking. The floor in-front of the removable panel inside the cabinet shows no sign of moisture.

Does anyone have any ideas what would be the cause and how to touch up these areas to hide the discoloration.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom Cabinet Base.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	182330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom Water Stain_1.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	182331  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom Water Stain_2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	182332   Click image for larger version

Name:	pass thru storage wall.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	182333  

Bcborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 12:32 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

My drain pipes under our shower were loose and water pooled under there. I noticed it coming out and wicking up the wall. Have you checked those connections?
Old 03-24-2022, 12:50 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
My drain pipes under our shower were loose and water pooled under there. I noticed it coming out and wicking up the wall. Have you checked those connections?
I have not, how do I get at them on the 2106, Thanks?
Old 03-24-2022, 01:28 PM   #4
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I don’t know what coach you have, but most have raised floor showers, and if so, there’s TYPICALLY an access panel below.
Old 03-24-2022, 01:52 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I don’t know what coach you have, but most have raised floor showers, and if so, there’s TYPICALLY an access panel below.
2017 Micro Minnie 2106FBS

I was looking at your sewer hose carriers. I had 4" ABS pipe with thread on caps on my last trailer.

When you installed the RecPro (Valterra Now) units did you use nuts and bolts or just screw in to the panel above with wood screws/sheet metal screws?

I like this method so much better than in the square tube bumper which has plastic caps that come loose.
Old 03-24-2022, 02:48 PM   #6
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn View Post
2017 Micro Minnie 2106FBS

I was looking at your sewer hose carriers. I had 4" ABS pipe with thread on caps on my last trailer.

When you installed the RecPro (Valterra Now) units did you use nuts and bolts or just screw in to the panel above with wood screws/sheet metal screws?

I like this method so much better than in the square tube bumper which has plastic caps that come loose.
I used sheet metal screws.

Have you looked online at Winnebago’s 3D parts diagrams? You should be able to see your shower plumbing from there. I’ll send you a link but I am traveling right now on my phone.
Old 03-24-2022, 05:07 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Here is what I found;

Their is a 3/16 thick corrugated plastic square 8" x 8" approx in the back left corner, held in place by two sheet metal screws. Fold down that flap and then cut thru the plastic sheathing, pull the insulation and you will see the shower trap.

In my case the insulation was wet in a couple spots, The trap has a threaded collar to attach to the shower floor drain (inner most) and a threaded collar to attach the trap to the horizontal drain pipe (outer most). The fitting to the abs shower drain (inner) moved slightly the other (outer) didn't move at all. I will have to look again but the trailer floor is definitely cut out under the fitting at the drain pipe (outer edge) and if it had been leaking water, the water would drop to the ground.

The inner attachment point might have been above the floor in a area not cut out and if it actually is and it was leaking it could drop onto the floor and travel across the trailer floor. The other area for a potential leak could be were the shower floor grate/drain goes through the ABS shower floor. It too would be inline with the first threaded joint mentioned above.

I removed the two screws holding the wood cover between the shower and bathroom cabinet that covers the hot and cold lines. I could not get the L shaped wood cover to come up to inspect under, but the floor looks dry around it.

I found the hose fitting that connects to the hand held shower nozzle cracked. That would only be an issue if some one left the taps open and closed the flow at the hand held shower nozzle and it sprayed every where.

I pulled the divider to the hot water tank inside the cupboard, no sign of water anywhere in there.

So I guess I need to thoroughly check the threaded fittings and the drain grate where it goes through the shower floor.

Wyatt, when you noticed water coming across the floor in the bathroom, where was it exiting out from under shower stall? Can you remember which drain nut was loose in your case.

Thanks,
Old 03-24-2022, 11:12 PM   #8
Proud “No Intent” Owner

It was the actual shower drain. It has several connections and ALL we’re hand tight! And our rig was 3 months old.

Tightening everything helped, but it still dripped from the actual drain. Found out they never installed a gasket in the shower so that when the drain get tightened up, it syncs down on a gasket—not there—never installed.

I made a gasket out of Flex Seal Tape, (on the road), and it solved the final leak. Two year later it’s still dry so I left that makeshift gasket in place.

Does that help?
Old 03-25-2022, 08:36 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Wyatt, that's my fear too re the drain missing the gasket.

I will have to pull it apart just to check.

Did you experience any water stains and if so what did you do to touch them up?
Old 03-25-2022, 11:39 AM   #10
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Wyatt, that's my fear too re the drain missing the gasket.

I will have to pull it apart just to check.

Did you experience any water stains and if so what did you do to touch them up?
I don’t know if the drain was supposed to have a gasket on the shower stall side of the drain, all I know is it did not have one and it was dripping ever so slightly, hence the reason I made the makeshift gasket.

Underneath our shower was the original plastic that Winnebago protects the vinyl flooring with during the build out, and was still there so it pooled on top of plastic. It wicked up one wall near the shower but I caught it very quickly and dried it out so no, I did not have any noticeable waterline marks. Don’t know what to tell you how to get rid of those. Our walls have a sort of textured wallpaper on them and I know you can buy more to cover up areas that are marred. Paint?
Old 03-25-2022, 12:02 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I don’t know if the drain was supposed to have a gasket on the shower stall side of the drain, all I know is it did not have one and it was dripping ever so slightly, hence the reason I made the makeshift gasket.

Underneath our shower was the original plastic that Winnebago protects the vinyl flooring with during the build out, and was still there so it pooled on top of plastic. It wicked up one wall near the shower but I caught it very quickly and dried it out so no, I did not have any noticeable waterline marks. Don’t know what to tell you how to get rid of those. Our walls have a sort of textured wallpaper on them and I know you can buy more to cover up areas that are marred. Paint?
Ya seems they used a combination of stained wood paneling and wall paper. The wood paneling stains, the wall paper wrinkles lol.

Maybe I will see if I can get stain from Winnebago parts or have someone mix up a color match and just go over the spots lightly. See what parts has to say about the wall paper.

Thanks,

Lyle
Old 05-04-2022, 09:15 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Ya seems they used a combination of stained wood paneling and wall paper. The wood paneling stains, the wall paper wrinkles lol.

Maybe I will see if I can get stain from Winnebago parts or have someone mix up a color match and just go over the spots lightly. See what parts has to say about the wall paper.

Thanks,

Lyle
Let me correct my last posting the wall panels are wall paper covered wall board. The only real wood stain is on the cabinet doors as far as I can tell.

Tags
water