Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-26-2021, 05:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

leak under slide when closed

I have a new micro minnie 2108 TB with the sofa slide. Getting ready for first trip. Currently the slide is closed. Last night it rained and I went inside this morning to check things out. There were 3 small pools of water on the floor under the slide edge towards the front of the trailer. I felt under the slide along the edge but nothing seemed wet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I plan on contacting the dealer when I get back, but not enough time before trip.
minniecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 02:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Minnie Camper,
Here is an older thread which discusses the source of their leak was from the outboard gasket corner:
Old issue. New fix... slide leak.
Another thought would be a roof vent which either is cracked or somehow damaged, and the leak is emanating from there. Please let us know what you find.
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 08-26-2021, 02:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

well, seals look ok inside and out, but on the underside of the slide, where it closes in against the trailer, there is a long seal/gasket that is crooked. Maybe this is it? Not sure, but here are a couple of photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210826_162800.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	180665   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210826_162920.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	320.7 KB
ID:	180666  

Old 08-26-2021, 02:55 PM   #4
Site Team

Very interesting how that lower seal was installed with a wave. Is it possible that this lower seal is somehow keeping the slide from fully retracting? If so, then the upper seals might not be in enough compression to stay water-tight.
Can you set-up a lawn sprinkler on the roof of your trailer and watch for the leak itself? I have seen that done at my RV dealer when they are looking for leaks.
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 08-26-2021, 02:59 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

unfortunately, I am leaving for a week tonight. Will have to do this when I return. Called my service tech and he was on the phone and was to call back. Surprise, no phone call as yet.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:03 PM   #6
Site Team

Yes, service departments do get busy this time of year.
Of course, you might even mist the top of your trailer with a hose when you get to your destination to see if you can reproduce the leak. Then again, it might rain while you travel, and you can track it down then.
Have a safe and fun trip.
Eagle5
Old 08-26-2021, 03:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. One last question.

Do you think I should straighten that out myself or should I let the dealer do it? I hate to drive 2 hours just for that if I could fix myself.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:35 PM   #8
Site Team

I would do it myself, but not until I first determined if that is the cause of the leak. Then, you can use a silicone sealer to re-attach the seal in a straight line. If you are ultimately going to take it in for leak repair, then let the dealer fix the crooked seal.
Old 08-26-2021, 04:51 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Hopefully someone with a similar Micro Minnie will respond as to how their weather strip looks.

From the photo, it looks like the flange to which it's mounted, has a built in angle. It may be an optical illusion but I don't see how the weather strip would seal if it's too high up on the flange and outboard of the bottom of the flange. Aside from the crookedness, it may be in the right place but we can't be sure. You could also contact Winnebago and ask them.

I'd check the seal by closing it on a strip of paper and see if it slides back and forth.

On the other hand, water flows downhill, so there's really no way for water to travel up from a loose seal when at rest unless it was terribly windy. Have you checked your top seal and whether or not your slide is tight all the way around when closed? If it's tipped out a little bit when closed, it could have leaked at the top.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:53 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

After shake down trip, there are a few warranty issues and I have an appt next week at the dealer to address these. Can't wait to find out where the leak is coming from.

Tags
leak, slide