Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2020, 05:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Kitchen Faucet

Hello Everyone,

I tried searching but no luck. I have a 2018 Micro Minnie 2106DS with a crappy kitchen sink faucet. Can I replace with a standard faucet from like Home Depot or do I have use one made for a Travel Trailer? Didn't know if the holes lined up or whatnot? Same goes for Bathroom sink...

Thanks!
BGQJ34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have no experience with that specific one but generally find they are the common spacing and can be replaced with the house version. No doubt there are times when it doesn't work but I would start with the idea that it does!
As one that I like, I find the Price Fister bath.vanity faucet has a feature I really like as it makes install/ maintenance better. Look for those which have a popup drain which doesn't require the fussy adjustment of the control rods to pop it up. Just push it down and it stays, push again to pop up! Has worked great at home for over five years and the only work has been to unscrew the stopper and lube it with petroleum jelly or clear hair off it.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Even if it didn't fit you could use a single hole faucet and put something else in the other holes (dish and hand soap dispensers--or with the Corona virus--hand sanitizer!).
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 06:49 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Look underneath the counter and see if you have a single-hole, two-hole or three-hole setup. Spacing on kitchen faucets for the two-hole is typically 6"; ditto for the three-hole, but that between the centers of the two outer holes. Bathroom sinks are typically 4" if it's a two-hole variety.

I've changed out the bathroom sink faucet without difficulty; have not had a reason to change the kitchen faucet as yet.

Whatever you do, don't overtighten the supply lines to the faucet or you might crack the plastic retaining nuts.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:43 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

The very first modification we made to our Minnie Winnie was replacing the OEM kitchen faucet with a much nicer residential single handle, pull-down model.

The only issue encountered was the need to extend the coach water supply lines about six inches because the lines on the new faucet were a little shorter than the original. Easy fix, and the new faucet made the Mrs very happy!

BTW, if you're replacing a three hole faucet with a single hole version, home improvement stores carry adapter plates.
Old 03-03-2020, 07:12 AM   #6
Proud “No Intent” Owner

RV designed faucet

We replaced ours with this faucet. It is designed for RV’s, so the connections are simple. The benefit in the spring type that this is vs. the pull out sprayer, is there is no nose below that comes up and down when you pull out the sprayer, thus leaving you more storage below. It works great, and with the two extra hole that were in the counter top, o added two soap dispensers—one for dish soap and one for hand soap so there are no bottles flying around on the counter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2FDFCC0D-C7D7-4BE7-A3F7-ABA6A7EF23ED.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	173010  
Old 03-03-2020, 12:38 PM   #7
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Faucet installed

Faucet installed. Note, these RV designed faucets are lighter than home faucets, and have the same connections for RV’s.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3BC9D389-6DB1-4980-9F78-4DCABACF411A.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	173011  
Old 03-08-2020, 04:21 PM   #8
WinnieAdven38

You can replace any RV faucet with home store faucets, and you will likely find their quality to be better than the OEM RV faucet. Just match up mounting holes and/or control/sprayer holes just like you would if upgrading a home kitchen faucet.
HappiHenri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 04:51 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

short answer, Yes! No problem, just like you faucet at home.
greyeagleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:07 PM   #10
Dives2Little

I replaced the "too small" faucet in our Ellipse with a better sized Delta. The only problem was me fitting into the space provided. The faucet fit just fine and the improvement was worth the squirming around and swearing!
Dives2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:13 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I had to replace the faucet on my outdoor cookstation. It was a standard hole spacing and position.
golden13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 04:54 PM   #12
AZ boondocker

We have a 2019 2401rg. I was able to replace bathroom faucet easily. Just had to make new hole in the middle of countertop since I wanted a single handle. Wanted to change kitchen from plastic 2 handle to stainless one handle. But probably won't. That faucet sits on the sink trim and don't want to cut a single hole through the sink material though there is one in the counter that is under faucet plate and sink trim. Also in kitchen, the pex water lines come up to faucet handles and the faucet plate is unusually deep...I believe they've run the pex pipes under the plate to the middle and into the spout. Haven't located a deep enough faucet plate and pull down single handle faucet. If this is your situation and you find a fix, let me know! Also, if anyone from Winnebago is reading these, why aren't they putting faucet shut offs in pipes under sinks?!!
rharms is offline   Reply With Quote