Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2021, 04:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Key for the 2021 2108DS outside shower compartment

I am trying to get made some duplicates for the shower compartment and have no luck finding locksmith that has the blank. Their is no I’d number on the 2 keys that came with it. I do not think it is a 751 key.
Jovie5668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

following
Just Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 03:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I lost my key a while ago. The outdoor shower lock on my 2020 2108FBS is practically useless. It's just a moveable lever to lock/unlock. I use a small flathead screwdriver and am able to turn the lock easily with no breakage.
cjbbgmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Update on Key
Winnebago will give you a part number but will not sell you or give you replacement key. They send you to the dealers to buy one. I contacted 2 dealers to order one neither one got back to me ever (Wonderful Dealer Support).
Finally got lucky and found a really good locksmith in town that substituted a blank that he was able to cut and it works.
Shame on Winnebago and Terrible Dealer Support.
Still waiting for a replacement slide window gasket to be sent to me from the dealer that I purchased my TT from over 2 months ago. Don't you just love it?
Old 07-25-2021, 04:50 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Has anyone updated the compartment with a simple non-keyed thumb latch?
One of the great mysteries is why they key this door in the first place. Drives me nuts!

Looking at this one but many of the reviews complain about corrosion.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44333-T...s%2C203&sr=8-7

I'm ready to glue the key directly into the lock.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

RnR their are a lot of things on read on here about Winnebago micro Minnie on here that are driving me nuts. I bought my 2021 2108DS about 2 months ago and have found a few issues kind of minor issues in workmanship from Winnebago with it that I will try to deal with on my own. I am kind of disappointed in Winnebago and their dealers that I have dealt with so far.
I am not interested in hearing excuses from people on here. I have gon through some threads on here yesterday reading how people are defending Winnebago on faulty products and workmanship on a New Travel Trailer.
Some saying it is the fault of the part manufacturer that Winnebago uses to make their product. What a bunch of BS!
Winnebago’s responsibility to put in and test the products they use. Poor inspection of the product before it is shipped to the dealership is what I see with mine. On mine for example missing screw. Awning not rolling up correctly, pucker on one edge of slide rubber window gasket etc. Not the dealers responsibility to fix when shipped that way IMOpinion.
Just venting after yesterday’s read on here.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:44 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknRoll View Post
Has anyone updated the compartment with a simple non-keyed thumb latch?
One of the great mysteries is why they key this door in the first place. Drives me nuts!

Looking at this one but many of the reviews complain about corrosion.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44333-T...s%2C203&sr=8-7

I'm ready to glue the key directly into the lock.
I changed out most of the outside hatch locks with this thumb latch or the 1-1/4" version which was necessary for the thicker covers. I did this a month or so ago, so no reading on corrosion yet.

FWIW my shower hatch had a different key lock than all of the others. No problem, I jammed a screwdriver into the key slot and twisted. It easily turned and opened up. Why you need to lock your shower latch is beyond me.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 06:17 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
FWIW my shower hatch had a different key lock than all of the others. No problem, I jammed a screwdriver into the key slot and twisted. It easily turned and opened up. Why you need to lock your shower latch is beyond me.
That settles it. I'm going to use some non-permanent Loctite on the key. If it does fall out, I'll use the special "DM" tool to open.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:32 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovie5668 View Post
RnR their are a lot of things on read on here about Winnebago micro Minnie on here that are driving me nuts. I bought my 2021 2108DS about 2 months ago and have found a few issues kind of minor issues in workmanship from Winnebago with it that I will try to deal with on my own. I am kind of disappointed in Winnebago and their dealers that I have dealt with so far.
I am not interested in hearing excuses from people on here. I have gon through some threads on here yesterday reading how people are defending Winnebago on faulty products and workmanship on a New Travel Trailer.
Some saying it is the fault of the part manufacturer that Winnebago uses to make their product. What a bunch of BS!
Winnebago’s responsibility to put in and test the products they use. Poor inspection of the product before it is shipped to the dealership is what I see with mine. On mine for example missing screw. Awning not rolling up correctly, pucker on one edge of slide rubber window gasket etc. Not the dealers responsibility to fix when shipped that way IMOpinion.

Just venting after yesterday’s read on here.
Jovie,
There’s no need to defend WBGO for most build quality issues. You are right to vent. And, You are right that many problems should be caught and fixed before the unit ships, or caught at the dealer level. But it doesn’t happen, and news flash, it’s never happened. That’s the nature of RV manufacturing. I’ve been rving for 50 years, and things haven’t changed much with respect to build quality in the industry. But keep in mind that the subject of quality is relative. You have to judge WBGO relative to other RV manufacturers. I’ve owned several RVs, both motorized and towable. This time, I bought WBGO because relative to other brands, their build quality is better than all but a couple of brands, IMHO. So, you get what you pay for. Paid more for WBGO, but got much higher quality than most any other brand. If I wanted higher quality, I would have bought an airstream for four times the price. Your disappointment is common to most people who have not owned an RV before. When I bought my first RV, I was angrier than you. But I had bought a motorhome brand which was built much worse than if I had bought a Winnebago. Get comfortable, all this comes with the territory. Cheers.

Tags
shower