Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2021, 08:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Just Purchased!!! 2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH

Hey Everyone,

We are the Clark family of 4 and 1 pup We recently purchased our first ever RV Camper the 2021 Micro Minnie 2100 BH. So far we are LOVING it and enjoying setting it up with all the necessary stuff we need for our weekend adventures. We would love some ideas on how to utilize our storage in our Micro Minnie so anything will help. We are pulling our new beauty with our 2020 Chevy Traverse and so far so good but want to take in account of weight obviously. Any tips and ideas for new RV owners please let us know! Thank you.
clarkfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:52 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Everyone here, Congratulations. I have found that containers of various sizes are really useful to use in the pass through. These allow you to easily lift the things out to get to items in the back. I got the big white tray on the left at the Container Store and it has wheels.

Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:54 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Congrats on your new hobby!

I use milk crates for heavy items such as all of the power cords and extensions.

Organize your stuff on the side you'll use it. Electrical, water accessories, etc on the driver's side and grill, chairs and food on the other.

There's a lot of youtube videos out there that will help you decide what you need. IMO, the best way is to camp out in the front of your house for a night to help you prepare.

Have fun!
Old 04-16-2021, 06:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Congrats Clark Family,
Presuming you have a proper WDH for your Traverse. Be very careful you do not exceed the cargo capacity for your tow vehicle. It’s easy to overload when you’ve filled up your pass thru, and are tempted to load more stuff in the back of your suv. Better to put stuff in the trailer toward the rear and strap it in. Happy trails.
Old 04-18-2021, 04:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you all so much for your ideas. We went on our first camp trip this weekend and we learned a lot but we had so much fun! Thanks again!
clarkfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations on the new 2100 BH!

We love plastic bins in various sizes to hold stuff in the galley and cabinets....
zip-loc bags are also useful.

+1 on the weight - adding fresh water and other gear in the basement adds up quickly. Store more in the tow vehicle when you can.

Bring some spare parts, batteries for remotes and hand tools! also a first aid kit - hopefully you don't have to use!

+1 with Rocknroll above - Do a dry run and set up things as you might at a camp site - seems like we always forget something. e.g. a coaxial cable

Enjoy!

dan
danzeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Goodwill, at least pre-COVID, has been a good source for a variety of zippered bags, etc. I found a very well made, unused and heavy duty gear bag made for fencing (as in sword-fighting) equipment that's great for storing longer implements.

Harbor Freight has some reasonably priced, waterproof, foam filled, Pelican Case clones for vulnerable items.

Remember, unless you're really in the boonies, there's always a handy Walmart, Target or Harbor Freight nearby.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:27 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Congratulations! Search Google Images for “RV storage ideas.” You’ll find a never ending hole that will eat hours of your time!
Old 04-21-2021, 04:36 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

You might want to check your tongue weight. Actually all your weights. The Traverse's carry capacity might be on the low side for a family of 4....the pup is a freebie!
I think the Traverse has a tow capacity of 5,000 Lbs? Your 2100 BH has a dry weight of 3900Lbs, hitch weight w/out batteries, propane, WDH. The factory stated hitch weight is 410 lbs that comes right off the Traverse's CCC, along with your family's combined weight, WDH, batteries. Depending on the location of the 2100BH water tank could add weight to the hitch.
Not trying to be the "weight police" but trying to help keep you and your family safe. RV salesmen have been known to be not up front about what can pull what safely to make the sale. Hope that wasn't the case here. Sounds like you have a great family that will really have a blast but safety is the first rule
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:57 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Rule #1 - Pulling it might not be a problem, stopping it is the question when it comes to weight and load capacities.
sduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:58 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Just Purchased

Congratulations! Suggestions: If you have "Good Ride" brand tires, then replace them immediately. The nickname for these tire among RVers is China bombs. The damage they will do when they blow is not worth keeping them. Should you have any reinforced nylon tubing attached to your PEXs tubing cut off the crimp fittings and replace with stainless steel hose clamps. The PEX crimp clamps will leak when used with the nylon tubing which the PEX crimps are not made to work with.
We use various containers to hold things in the pass through and cabinets in the camper. The containers keep things from sliding around and contain any spills.
Rustyturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:15 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Hi Clark Family,

Congrats! You'll have a blast camping.

You asked about storage, and I think the advice already given is spot on. Use containers to organize things. Your RV is a box of boxes. I use smaller Rubbermaid ActionPackers to store the yechy stuff (black water tank hose, fittings, and hose support, etc), milk crates, and even cheap (free!) cardboard boxes to organize wheel chocks. We found cheap closet organizers from DollarStore to organize and store clothes, food, etc in the overhead bins inside the TT.

Our first trip last year in our "new" used TT was about 30 min away. Learned tons. My advice for first trip or so is go somewhere local and close. Have fun. Learn. Don't stress over things that go wrong because they will. Create memories with the kids.

And don't buy a bunch of stuff you think you will need. Yet. You'll figure out what you need and what you don't as you camp and learn.

And the comments about weight are sooooo important. Really understand and know your weight limits for total trailer weight, tongue weight, GVWR and your GCWR. Make sure you have margins between actual and your maximum weight ratings. And of course make sure your braking controller is configured correctly for your vehicle/TT combo and weight.

Take pictures. Create memories. Have fun.
geoham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:08 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

After a few trips, take off anything you didn't use.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:46 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Congratulations on your new trailer! I also have the 2100BH.

I've done quite a few things to it, some of which might interest you.
  1. To help pull in the cool evening air I replaced the front ceiling vent with a MaxxFan Deluxe. This required making a 1" offset ring so the vent would clear the solar connectors that are immediately behind it on the roof.
  2. To help with shaking due to people moving in the camper, I added two BAL lock-arms as braces for the front jacks. You will not need this if you have the powered jacks.
  3. I replaced the creaky Dometic 300 toilet with a Dometic 310.
  4. I added door struts to the overhead compartments over the front bed (to hold the doors open).
  5. I added a Valterra twist-on valve to the end of the dump line (if the other valves leak).
  6. I added 200W of solar to the roof (mine did not have the factory system).
  7. I added a little door to the panel that hides the low-point drain valves so that I did not have to remove the panel to use the drain valves.
  8. I modified the panels below the sink that cover the water heater and pump so that they are held in place by magnets (can just pull to remove as needed).
  9. I drilled a hole in the giant wing nut used to secure the propane tanks and inserted a padlock so that the nut cannot be loosened (if someone wanted to take the tanks).
  10. I made some simple metal straps to lock the batteries to the tongue (hopefully a deterrent).
Old 04-23-2021, 10:31 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Being new owners of a 30 year old 20' micro, there's not much I can say about your specific trailor, but welcome to the forum. You've landed in a nest of very helpful people. 6 months down the road, we're almost (so close!) ready for our shakedown trip, thanks in large part to the advice gleaned here.

Containers are a great help, even/especially in the fridge. I recommend wire baskets to keep the air circulation at its best. Nonskid shelf liner in all the cupboards is helpful, too.

Have fun, don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy the trips!

Lemonade
PS We're looking for a laminated map to track the places we've been. It seems like a good use of the bit of wall space available!
Lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase