Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-13-2022, 11:55 AM   #1
jlw
Winnebago Watcher

Installation of sunshade for Minnie 2529RG

Hello! We've had our 2529RG for a year now and love it. 50% dry camping and 50% partial/full hookup. Because we frequently dry camp, the heat can become a problem and are looking to buy a sunshade for the awning. One that zips off/on and small section and can be rolled up w/awning. Does anyone have suggestions on brand, size or self-installation? Thanks!
jlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

jlw,
Our 2021 2529RG has a Carefree Altitude power awning, I am assuming yours is the same. I did a quick search for a sunshade / fly but couldn't find one. On the Carefree website, you can call or email for information / help.
If you are successful finding a sunshade, please post your source of supply. I can't see where your home base is....maybe at a large RV shop there will be a vendor that makes them. When my brother was a full timer in Florida, there would be vendors at the bigger flea markets (Zephyrhills) that would custom make one.

Good luck on your quest!
travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 02:52 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I bought the Vista Shade by Shade Pro. It seems really well built. It was very easy to install the top 2ft section to the awning roller. The bottom section zips on and off easily. We bought ours mainly for privacy but it does block the sun if the sun is at the right angle. Like awnings in general, you have to keep an eye on the wind. Be careful about the measurements. If your awning is 15 ft for example, the awning itself is probably only 14 ft so you would need a 13 ft shade. Reading the reviews, a lot of people ordered shades that were too wide for their application.

Edit: I ordered directly from the factory (shadepro.net).
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install