Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-20-2020, 09:06 AM   #1
Skypilot747-400

Install Doors on Dinette Seats in 2201DS

Has anyone with the big U shape dinette in winnebago 2201ds Minnie put doors on the end of booth seats so as to access the under seat storage without lifting top of cushion and removing the plywood cover. Looking inside the storage, the end of seat seems to already have a 1by2 inch frame the size of door that parts sell for other trailers. Thanks.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I've looked at that area as a possible "expansion" and was thinking of adding slide out drawers to ease the access but so far we have not needed the extra space so plans are on hold.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:34 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I plan to do this real soon in my 2019 2108DS. The previous owner made the cutout and sort-of made doors that I will soon replace.

I did call Winnebago (Melissa) to order parts and she was extremely helpful. They don't have a perfect color match for my 2019 with stone interior, but had two choices that are very close. So you can order the doors and matching hardware. She may have a perfect color match for yours. At the time I'm writing this, the 13.25" square doors are priced at $27.57 each so you have a starting point. The hinges, pulls, and catches are priced similar to your home center.

I do intend to put in some kind of drawer for each. I'm not exactly sure how deep I want to make it just yet. When I do it I'll post a pile of photos.

Todd
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 04:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

In a different unit, it had doors at the end of the dinnet bench. To me it was very impractical. It limited the size of items you put under the bench, to get to something you know is in there you end up having to take everything out to get to the item you want. Thats alot of on you knees time. Yes its a pain to lift the bench seat up but for me its better than the small access door.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 10:14 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
In a different unit, it had doors at the end of the dinnet bench. To me it was very impractical. It limited the size of items you put under the bench, to get to something you know is in there you end up having to take everything out to get to the item you want. Thats alot of on you knees time. Yes its a pain to lift the bench seat up but for me its better than the small access door.
I'm currently in the process of building a dinette for my 2017 2106FBS that came with a jack knife sofa.

My thinking is a door and pull out drawer will allow you to place everyday things, and at the end of the enclosure place items not used often and would require the cover to be lifted.
Bcborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 04:29 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I did this on the booth in my Sunstar. On the aisle end of the front, I carefully cut out a large rectangular hole in the endcap, and faced the raw particle board edges with ripped to fit birch strips.

Then, I made a drop-down cabinet door and shaped the edges to match the other cabinet doors. The door and strips were stained with a match for Winnebago Forest Cherry I mixed up from 2 Varathane stains, and sprayed with clear matte enamel.

I sized the door to fit white laundry bags from Amazon, One is held inside the opening for use with turn buttons and eyelets. There's room under there for a full bag at the back, and one being used at the front.

Because of the propane detector under the rear one, I could only fit a custom drawer I made, which I use as canned food storage.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ix-354192.html

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ip-353996.html
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, install