Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2022, 10:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Holding Tank Wire colors

Hello-
We are having an issue with our holding tank display on our 2022 Micro Minnie 2108ds FLX. Fresh functions, Black and Grey show E. Dealer said they were "tested", we've used the system; Fresh responds appropriately, Black and Grey show Empty despite both being through multiple quite full and emptied cycles. Dealer said it is NOT the blister packs (although they could not tell me how they tested them)

The dealer identified it during their pre delivery inspection and we/they are waiting on a new panel from Winnebago. that was 8 April.

I am considering installing an aftermarket display unit. As I understand things the "blister packs" are generic and can be used by after market displays.

My questions are;
1. is there a standard wiring color used by Winnebago for each of the 3 tanks? Ours appears to be Brown for the Black tank, Red for the Fresh, and Green for the Gray. This is only based on how they connect to the KIB panel (If I have the correct wiring diagram for the correct KIB panel) hence the question.
2. would a KIB M21VW Micro Monitor System be a plug-n-play replacement (albeit with a different form factor and look)

any help/recommendations appreciated!
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:58 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Correction all 3 tank indicators report erroneously. Fresh indicates 1/3 but is full. Blk and gray indicate empty but have never reported otherwise.
- steve
Old 05-27-2022, 02:39 PM   #3
Site Team

I doubt any of us has changed these displays on a FLX since it's a brand new model.

Personally, I have no idea what "blister Packs" you are referring to. Do you mean the sensors attached to the side of the tanks?

Many of the Winnebago tank monitor panels can be reset - but I have no way of knowing what they are installing in the FLX model. Does your monitor panel have a brand name on it like "Precision Circuits" or anything to identify it. If you can figure out what you have you should then contract the manufacture or look online for any support info.

Lastly, if your dealer is claiming that they are waiting for parts to fix this issue and it's been just about 2-months you should call their bluff and contact Winnebago directly. Dealers have been known to drop the ball on stuff like this and then blame Winnebago.
Old 05-27-2022, 04:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

There are times when we might get lucky ---or not!

Winnebago has a form of "coding " that they stamp on the side of wires and then we can use a list to "decode" those letters.

Decoder list here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

Example of what to look for on wires in the picture below.

I went to the list, hit CTRL and "F" at the same time to do a search/ find which brings a dropdown where I put in "tank". That brought me a section to scroll through all the places in the list where tank appears. doing that brought me 43 spots to check and it gives the "from" and "to" of each wire with the specific label.

"AB" gets you a 16 gauge white wire for the ground on fresh tank sensor?
Maybe with luck you hit the right combo? But there does look like 43 choices!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f wire id.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	182975  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 06:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks! That looks pretty handy!
-steve
Old 06-01-2022, 05:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Wire Letter Codes

While I no longer remember what the code letters were, I did successfully identify all of the tank sensor wires coming into the monitor panel in my Winnie 29VE using the letter codes from the decoding document. Good luck.

Tags
tank