Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-25-2022, 05:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

HDMI no signal problem Minnie 2401RG

In our 2401-RG Minnie, we have replaced the LG TV with a TCL TV. Neither model will connect to the campground cable. There is a smaller TV in the bedroom that works perfectly on cable. However, all 3 ports for HDMI-1, HDMI-2 and HDMI-3(Arc) give the "NO SIGNAL- IS IT ON?" prompt.

With the back tv working properly, I'm wondering where to troubleshoot next? Is this a bad cable inside the RV? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Andy Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

You are missing the point and confusing cable and HDMI. High Defintion Media Interface is not cable. Not sure where you are missing the point but there should be a coax connection for cable and then there are also often several flat connections for HDMI equipment like from a cable box. Round connections go to round and flat to flat, so I am pretty sure you have not gotten the connections reversed, so I would guess it is a problem with the programing on the TV which varies with different TV, so not much I can add on that.
Possibly looking at the guide for the new TV would help? Does the new have a setting in ther menu for cable versus antenna?
Often this is needed:
Antenna -setting for using the rooftop over the air
Cable for using a coax hooked to the park cable
HDMI if you have some form of equipment that puts out HDMI signal to go to TV.

I copied this from a search:
What is HDMI connection used for?

What is HDMI? HDMI means High-Definition Multimedia Interface, a standard for simultaneously transmitting digital video and audio from a source, such as a computer or TV cable box, to a computer monitor, TV or projector.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 05:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Andy, the only time I watch TV and use HDMI is when my satellite receiver is connected to the TV. I no longer use the TV that came with the Minnie but use a Samsung Smart TV. To use the campground cable I connect a coaxial cable from the pedestal to the cable input on the Minnie. There is a little button next to the TV cable connector that I push to turn off the little green light, TV air input amplifier. The TV is now connected to the campground cable.
I turn on the TV and select settings, broadcast. Select auto scan and cable. When it is finished I exit the program mode. Sit back and watch TV. All very simple.

Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote