Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2022, 03:33 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Haloview MC7109 Wireless Rear Camera Issues

Hello All,

Got my new Haloview MC7109 last week, installed it Wednesday and took our first trip on Thursday.

Camera worked perfectly for the first 10 min of our trip. I tried to remove the grid lines and then I lost the complete picture.

The camera came from Haloview paired to Cam 4. After this 10 min the monitor was showing Cam 3 in the left upper corner and no signal. I confirmed Cam 4 was selected (highlighted) in Settings. Monitor still read cam 3 and still no picture or signal.

Got home today, parked the truck beside the trailer (as always) and I paired the camera to cam 4 again. No change, realized I needed to power the camera for the two to link. The camera came up Cam 4 and I had picture again. I ran the pair again without cable, (is the cable required to pair).

I pull with a 2018 Tacoma Double Cab and the Minnie is only 21-11 long. Could I be experiencing a signal issue. Or does the Toyota Tacoma experience PWM pulses on the running lights (a general issue noted in manual).
Old 06-26-2022, 08:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

On the front of the display did you change to camera 4? Use the SEL button to change camera view, not in the settings. Did you have the power to the camera on? Not sure how you wired power to camera.
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 09:14 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
On the front of the display did you change to camera 4? Use the SEL button to change camera view, not in the settings. Did you have the power to the camera on? Not sure how you wired power to camera.
Monitor power was on and on screen icons visible. Camera is wired to center trailer clearance light. Truck needs to have lights on for marker lights to provide power to camera and for camera to operate.

"Use select button to choose camera view" When on the main screen I missed that note in the user manual and was not aware the SEL button toggled through all the camera modes?

Will SEL toggle through just the cameras that are set to "ON" in settings? Cam 4 was the only camera set to ON, all others were set to OFF.

I will see if if my current working setup will let me toggle to inactive Cam 1, 2, or 3 from active Cam 4 with the SEL button and back.

How do I turn on the LED's if needing them at night? What is Mode 1 and Mode 2
Old 06-27-2022, 11:27 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Upon further review;

I notice there is no single mode under the quad view menu, Its either dual, tri or quad.

As I was seeing Cam 3 yesterday and nothing else I went into the quad settings and set the camera to Cam 3/Cam 4 (no single mode). I went into settings and Cam 4 is highlighted and the dot is under Cam 4, all others greyed. Cam 1, 2 and 3 set to off, Cam 4 set to on.

Returned to main screen and Cam 4 visible (all good). I pressed the SEL button the screen split. Cam 3 on left black no signal, Cam 4 on right 100% operational.

If we accidently pressed SEL Yesterday and toggled to Cam 3, why did Cam 4 not come up on the right as a dual screen? Cam 3 was in single view mode with the words "no signal" right in the middle of the 7" screen.

I pressed SEL again and the view returned to Cam 4 full screen view.
Old 06-27-2022, 05:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

"I pressed SEL again and the view returned to Cam 4 full screen view." Seems to me like at this point you need to quit pressing buttons. My MC7108 has been on Cam4 since I bought it a year ago. I have not messed with the CAM1, 2, 3, or 4. The monitor has not changed on it's own. Best of luck.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 05:32 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
"I pressed SEL again and the view returned to Cam 4 full screen view." Seems to me like at this point you need to quit pressing buttons. My MC7108 has been on Cam4 since I bought it a year ago. I have not messed with the CAM1, 2, 3, or 4. The monitor has not changed on it's own. Best of luck.
Ken, thanks note taken lol.

I'm wondering if Cam 4 lost signal or the incoming phone call caused havic as my phone is connected to the truck via bluetooth hookup.

Will see next trip out July 9th.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:38 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn View Post
Ken, thanks note taken lol.

I'm wondering if Cam 4 lost signal or the incoming phone call caused havic as my phone is connected to the truck via bluetooth hookup.

Will see next trip out July 9th.
I guess that is possible but my cell is also on blue tooth in my RAM and it has never bothered the Haloview. Let us know what happens on your next trip.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I haven't had any major issues while using 3 cameras at once. None of them have needed to be paired again after pairing them in the beginning. At the end of last month I moved my TT from Iowa to Idaho so I have seen about 25 hours of usage.

Also, there is a button on the cameras that can be pressed to pair them. I never used the supplied cable.

The only issue I have seen is my camera in the back sometimes loses signal for a few seconds. It happened maybe 5-6 times in 25 hours. I think that is because it is on the back of the TT and the monitor is on the dash of my Jeep, which is pushing the limits of the wireless signal. So every now and then something else causes enough interference to actually break the signal. But as I said, it only lasts for a few seconds (maybe 4-5 seconds at the most) and then the signal is back. That is why there is an option to install a signal relay (or signal booster) for longer trailers.

On a personal note, I really like the side cameras on the road, especially at night. The mirrors on my Jeep don't stick out very far and the side cameras make it much easier to see what's coming up on me as well as on the side of me. The night vision works well too. I can see the lines on the road when I am seeing nothing but blackness in my mirrors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220528_001419.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	183390  
Old 06-29-2022, 06:51 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
The only issue I have seen is my camera in the back sometimes loses signal for a few seconds. It happened maybe 5-6 times in 25 hours. I think that is because it is on the back of the TT and the monitor is on the dash of my Jeep, which is pushing the limits of the wireless signal. So every now and then something else causes enough interference to actually break the signal. But as I said, it only lasts for a few seconds (maybe 4-5 seconds at the most) and then the signal is back. That is why there is an option to install a signal relay (or signal booster) for longer trailers.

On a personal note, I really like the side cameras on the road, especially at night. The mirrors on my Jeep don't stick out very far and the side cameras make it much easier to see what's coming up on me as well as on the side of me. The night vision works well too. I can see the lines on the road when I am seeing nothing but blackness in my mirrors.
Dave did you do anything with the scan time and do you have all Channels active for all cameras.

Side view cameras are on next years wish list as are vent fans and covers.

Thanks to all for assisting me in making the choice to go with Haloview.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:08 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

DaveW good report. Is it an MC7108 or MC7109?
Old 06-30-2022, 08:56 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone have a photo of how they mounted their Haloview backup camera to a Micro Mini with the Voyager prep? Not sure how to ensure no water leakage through holes as the camera mount doesn’t line up with trailer prep. Thanks in advance.
Gregt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:52 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregt View Post
Does anyone have a photo of how they mounted their Haloview backup camera to a Micro Mini with the Voyager prep? Not sure how to ensure no water leakage through holes as the camera mount doesn’t line up with trailer prep. Thanks in advance.
This is a photo that I snagged from Marine359.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:14 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
This is a photo that I snagged from Marine359.
Terrific, thank you Bigbird65.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:12 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Does this MC-7109 Haloview bracket have the 4 mounting holes in a different location than the voyager mount?

If so, Bad on Haloviews part.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2022, 11:34 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Does this MC-7109 Haloview bracket have the 4 mounting holes in a different location than the voyager mount?

Yes, the mounting holes are in different positions. They have a conversion bracket (V01) or something like that. Some reviews are not good on that part, so hard to know if it will do the trick or not.
Old 06-30-2022, 08:08 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
DaveW good report. Is it an MC7108 or MC7109?
MC7109

Quote:

If that's the Voyager adapter plate, then the holes will line up with the existing Voyager holes in the TT. The adapter kit is a separate purchase. I used the adapter kit. But I couldn't use the holes because of the adapter wire that plugs into the Voyager prewire. The prewire plug is directly under where the plate installs and the adapter wire sticks out 2-3 inches, which makes it impossible to install the adapter plate in the existing holes.

So, if I were to do my installation over again I would use the adapter plate, but not the adapter wire. I would cut off the Voyager prewire plug and splice the wires from that to the camera manually. Then it would make a very clean install. So long as the supplied grommet on the camera wire fits correctly in the existing prewire hole.

The plate which came with the Monitor and camera will not match the Voyager prewire holes because that package is supposed to be for Furrion prewire.

Quote:
Dave did you do anything with the scan time and do you have all Channels active for all cameras.

Side view cameras are on next years wish list as are vent fans and covers.

Thanks to all for assisting me in making the choice to go with Haloview.
I only changed CAM1, CAM2, CAM3, and CAM4 settings. I only have 3 cameras so I didn't need all 4 camera slots. If you mean changing the wireless signal channel, I wasn't aware of that option so I didn't mess with it. I changed the default camera slot of CAM4 to CAM1, but then I couldn't find a multiview setup that worked for CAM1 in a way that I liked, so I changed it back to CAM4.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220522_160845.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	183400  
Old 06-30-2022, 11:05 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

I received 3 brackets in the box for mounting camera.

The one pictured above which I thought was for the Voyager hole pattern.

The second for the license plate.

The third I thought was for a Furion Shark Fin.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220630_220117.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	183402  
Bcborn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, view