Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2022, 10:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Grey valve finally stuck in open position

I have a 2020 micro minnie 2108DS.
My black and grey dump handles are side by side
through my frame. The handles both operate their valves by cable or rod. My black works properly but my grey was always stiff to open or close. Now, finally the grey will not go into the closed position leaving me with an open grey line..
Can I get pictures or a schematic of what my model's make up
would look like?
I figure I will have to cut the under belly fabric to make the repair or modification. I hope to be able to seal the under belly back to good functioning order.

Thank You...Steve
outthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 12:45 AM   #2
2019 Sightseer 33C

Just guessing, is there a cable from the handle to where the valve is? And is that something like the brake cable on a bicycle? If so, then the sheath of the cable might have come loose from the clamp and that will make it act like operating the handle is doing nothing at all.
jc_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:11 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I think what your describing is partly the case.
I have put enough force on the handle to close that I think further manhandling of handle will only make bigger problems.
I can't see any other way than cutting underbelly and going to work to straiten out or repair the sheaths rods or cables your describing.
I hope I can get a schematic and or pictures from Winnebago or someone so that I can cut in the right location the first time.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Broken black valve cable

Hi I am working on black valve cable. It was not closing all the way so I was trying to work it in and out and it suddenly went slack no resistance. After cutting a hole in black underbelly discovered black outer housing came loose. Removed black gate valve because screws are on top side. Gate valve is 3 years old and soaked in water and dawn works perfectly so I ordered cable and hope to install. Thinking back should have filled tank with some soap and water opened gate with cap on to clean and lubricate gate valve. Opening and closing dry must have been to much resistant for cable. Also adding gate valve at cap for surprise leaks
matt2645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your info.. I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out.
As I write this Winnebago sent a schematic and underbelly entry and repair
notes to me. I'll keep you posted.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:52 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Matt,
If you have a 2108ds and took a picture or two where you made your cut to enter that would be helpful.
Winnebago's schematics are mostly useless for my situation.
If not ..I will enter in where it looks appropriate.

Thank You....Steve