Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-14-2022, 09:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Fuse for tongue jack/stabilizers/slide out blown?

First trip with the FLX and we didn't even make it out of the driveway. My wife pulled forward about 2 feet while the rear stabilizers were down. she had only retracted the front ones, and I failed to double check.

I think it tripped a relay/brekaer/something. the tongue jack isn't working, the front stabilizers aren't working, the rear ones aren't working, and neither is the slide out. The front ones went up just fine before and so did the tongue jack.

The awning motor, fridge, and interior lights *DO* work. I can move the awning and I can hear the fridge.

I tested fuses in the interior panel and they're all working ok.

On the phone with WTOW support earlier and they said that there's a separate set of fuses up near the front, and that's probably what went out.

here's what I took a picture of up front:

https://imgur.com/a/8K5Gk96 if the link above doesn't work

are these fuses? relays? I tried to test with a voltmeter but it's not showing any current. I took one off per their directions but I don't recognize them.

dealer doesn't open for another 2 hours. WTOW is going to call me back, but if any of you have run into this and have advice, we're all ears. :(

edit: and the title should read FUSE. my bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flx fuse.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	374.6 KB
ID:	183525  
Old 07-14-2022, 10:11 AM   #2
Site Team

Those are resettable main fuses - at least I think they are based on what other member's have said. Push on the raised "buttons."

When other members have posted a photo of these I think they only have one button on the fuse. But they don't have the FLX.
Old 07-15-2022, 06:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Those are resettable main fuses - at least I think they are based on what other member's have said. Push on the raised "buttons."

Ah ha! found the button. Thank you!

When other members have posted a photo of these I think they only have one button on the fuse. But they don't have the FLX.
For the benefit of the other FLX owners, if this happens...

the relay on the bumper side (closest to the battery, away from the tongue) has a button on top. It's a really small button and really easy to miss because of the cabling. You really have to get up there and feel for it.

That button was the solution to the whole problem. Something tripped, and all of that stuff (front & rear jacks, tongue jack, and slide out) are wired in together. Resetting that one little relay did the trick.

we're on our trip and everything is going great. So far we love the FLX. More on that later...
Old 07-29-2022, 07:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Small world story,…

RovingMedics-
Had an appointment today for the propane recall, and also for a leak at the 3 way recirculate to fresh tank valve. Took the opportunity to try a different service location of our dealer. Great folks. The tech, Steve, went out of his way to walk me through the very situation you describe. Locating that tiny button on the most out of the way breaker would be difficult. Of course its not addressed in any documentation. But then it “only” impacts the tongue jack, all 4 stabilizers, and the slide out.
I had seen your post on this earlier, but it was still helpful to actually have it pointed out by the tech. I’m pretty sure this is the service dept you probably used. So, small world.
Thanks, again for pointing this out!

-steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 02:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoSteve View Post
RovingMedics-
Had an appointment today for the propane recall, and also for a leak at the 3 way recirculate to fresh tank valve. Took the opportunity to try a different service location of our dealer. Great folks. The tech, Steve, went out of his way to walk me through the very situation you describe. Locating that tiny button on the most out of the way breaker would be difficult. Of course its not addressed in any documentation. But then it “only” impacts the tongue jack, all 4 stabilizers, and the slide out.
I had seen your post on this earlier, but it was still helpful to actually have it pointed out by the tech. I’m pretty sure this is the service dept you probably used. So, small world.
Thanks, again for pointing this out!

-steve
We stopped by a location there in Davis (nearby, but not La Mesa) so that's probably the same one.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:36 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Would you please be specific about the dealer in Sacto with good service? We are near San Luis Obispo and do not have good service for Winnebago near us (we stay out of LA). We would also consider the Valley around Fresno or Bakersfield.
TwoFrom93449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 12:49 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFrom93449 View Post
Would you please be specific about the dealer in Sacto with good service? We are near San Luis Obispo and do not have good service for Winnebago near us (we stay out of LA). We would also consider the Valley around Fresno or Bakersfield.

I am not sure if we're allowed to say specific names in the forums but they have a location in Davis and Rocklin.

The Davis location (right off Hwy 80) have been a lot easier to get in/out of, so we've been going there. The folks have been pretty laid back and nobody tried to upsell us on anything.

There was a warranty thing about the backsplash on the FLX that they took care of before we even took delivery, which was nice of them.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:43 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Someone above said not LM, so it would have to be BE. Good for me, as BE also has a location in Madera.
TwoFrom93449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 07:15 AM   #9
Site Team

Of course you are permitted to say the names of dealers and service locations, both good ones and bad ones. Not just permitted but encouraged to do so.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:05 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFrom93449 View Post
Someone above said not LM, so it would have to be BE. Good for me, as BE also has a location in Madera.
Yep. Bill Eads there in Davls. Haven't been to their other locations but the Davis one has been great to us.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:38 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RovingMedics View Post
For the benefit of the other FLX owners, if this happens...

the relay on the bumper side (closest to the battery, away from the tongue) has a button on top. It's a really small button and really easy to miss because of the cabling. You really have to get up there and feel for it.

That button was the solution to the whole problem. Something tripped, and all of that stuff (front & rear jacks, tongue jack, and slide out) are wired in together. Resetting that one little relay did the trick.

we're on our trip and everything is going great. So far we love the FLX. More on that later...
Hopefully Winnebago now understands this problem. I was stuck in the middle of nowhere and could not get my slides in or the power jack to work. It took almost a week for a repair company to come out to my location to fix. It was that stud breaker. The one on the far left closest to the batteries is the culprit. Lots of people seem to be having this issue. A $700 fix for a $3 part. I have since bought a few on Amazon and keep them with me in case of future problems. Mine kept tripping and resetting.
Dawgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 03:47 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

$700! Ouch! Warrantied, I hope?

The tech that brought this to my attention said he suspected loose connections at the fuses to be the culprit on the one he saw. Not a design issue, rather an assembly issue (imo).
-steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 04:10 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I'm starting to see the problem pop up more and more. I know I didn't have any loose connections because I checked that area very carefully. Did not know about the button on the breaker but it would not have mattered because it kept tripping. So now I have a few spares in case. It seems to be a weak point in the electrical.
Dawgman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, fuse, slide out, slide