Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-02-2023, 04:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Furrion shore power connection

We drove through heavy rains with our 2019 2018 tb. This morning I opened the exterior Furrion shore power connector and about a cup of water drained out of it. I'm wondering if I should replace this fixture or drill a small hole in the bottom of the cover to allow the water to drain out. Any past experience with this minor issue would be appreciated.

Second: I brushed up against the Dometic refrigerator and the bottom trim piece came off, then the panel fell. I pushed the panel up onto the little pegs that hold it, but it appears the trim piece is too wide to "snap" back on the refrigerator. I'm wondering if the corner caps need to come off. I thought I'd ask before forcing it and breaking the plastic.

Thanks in advance. Craig Capitola Beach
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:36 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Craig if your Furrion connector looks like mine it is hard for me to see that it could hold a cup of water. Several times after a rain I have opened mine and found maybe a teaspoon of water. I don't think it would hurt to drill a small hole at the bottom of the cover. You might put silicone grease around the gasket to improve the seal.

I have never had the bottom trim piece come off on our Dometic refrigerator in our 2250DS. I just now took a photo to show how it looks in place.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 12:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Ken. My plastic is wider than the lower corner, so all i can figure is that the corners trap the lower piece.. I'll have to look for a screw to remove the corner.

My furrion looks different. I'll have to get a picture of it. We have extreme weather here and I really don't want water penetrating the wall...
Old 01-05-2023, 06:50 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Thanks Ken. My plastic is wider than the lower corner, so all i can figure is that the corners trap the lower piece.. I'll have to look for a screw to remove the corner.

My furrion looks different. I'll have to get a picture of it. We have extreme weather here and I really don't want water penetrating the wall...
Best of luck getting it all fixed.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Fixes

The Dometic refrigerator trim snaps on from the bottom, not the forward side as I previously though.

The seals on the plug needed renewing. Epic rains overwhelmed this connection.

Craig

Tags
power, shore power