Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2021, 06:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Electric leveling jacks discontinued?

We just had our newly ordered 2306BHS come in to the dealers today. The salesman said it all looks great...however he said Winnebago has apparently now discontinued the electric leveling jacks and that this model now only comes with manual ones. When we ordered it, it was said to come with the electric ones. Can anyone confirm this? Disappointed if true. Plus I would think that we should get a discount for this change but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Thanks for input. We are new TT owners for the first time!

Mark
Jetrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:54 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to the site jetrocker and congrats on your purchase!

If your contract said it's supposed to have electric jacks, then you're probably entitled to them. Give them a call and see what they say.

If you're stuck with manual, I recommend obtaining a rechargeable impact wrench with the correct driver to make easy work of it.

Good luck!
Old 05-04-2021, 05:45 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Leveling jacks or stabilizers? Not the same. You can damage stabilizers by trying to use them to level.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
Leveling jacks or stabilizers? Not the same. You can damage stabilizers by trying to use them to level.
Leveling Jacks at each corner. Thx, Mark
Old 05-04-2021, 05:51 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the tip! Mark

PS. They are offering a discount because of this. I was just curious about why Winnebago stopped offering them. Issues with the electric motor I assume...
Old 05-04-2021, 05:51 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Sorry Mark,
Didn’t know those were an option. They’re pretty expensive, so you should get some compensation.
Old 05-04-2021, 06:19 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I'd guess it's related to supply constraints as opposed to something more interesting.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetrocker View Post
Leveling Jacks at each corner. Thx, Mark

Didn't know electric leveling jacks was an option on that model, electric stabilizing jacks yes. Why not ask for the electric stabilizing jacks in replacement? It's a lot more convenient that manual ones.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:15 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I had electric leveling jacks on my fifth wheel. While they were convenient, I'm actually really happy to have the manual jacks on the Micro Minnie. The manual jacks are dead simple, lower weight, and there is no intrusion in the front storage bay. I also enjoy having a "feel" for how much load each jack is supporting. That being said, I think having the electric as an option is a good move (they are very popular) and, given their angled design, they likely help with the left-right shake as people walk around inside.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:35 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I stand corrected. The jacks that are now manual and not electric are the stabilizer, not leveling. My newbie mistake! The trailer still comes with electric leveling jacks. Sorry and thanks for pointing out there is a difference!

Mark
Old 05-04-2021, 02:15 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I stand corrected. The jacks that are now manual and not electric are the stabilizer, not leveling. My newbie mistake! The trailer still comes with electric leveling jacks. Sorry and thanks for pointing out there is a difference!

Mark
Electric trailer leveling jacks cost $3,000 on etrailer.com. So, if you paid for electric leveling jacks and didn’t get them, you have a big beef, and a right to a big refund.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:16 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Electric trailer leveling jacks cost $3,000 on etrailer.com. So, if you paid for electric leveling jacks and didn’t get them, you have a big beef, and a right to a big refund.
No, as mentioned, the jacks not included are stabilizer jacks, not leveling jacks. I was wrong originally in my description. Thx.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:58 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

The trailer only comes with either manual or electric jacks. The manual ones are stabilizing only. The electric ones may or may not be leveling jacks (I can’t say for sure). The original post made it sound like you ordered electric jacks and did not actually get them. It now sounds like you did get electric jacks, correct?
Old 05-06-2021, 08:47 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:

Mark
I wonder if the "electric leveling jack" is actually an electric tongue jack? I don't think these Micro Minnies have an option for true leveling jacks.

As for electric stabilizing jacks, I just bought a new 1800BH that arrived on the lot in April and it has electric stabilizers. The dealer may have ordered it wrong and trying to cover his butt. The other possibility is if Winnebago can't source them. Which is totally possible right now. Part of my job is dealing with supply chain issues and it's an absolute nightmare. I've never seen anything like it.
rstraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:48 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

I use this DeWalt DCD778 to run the manual stabilizers on our 2250DS. Shown is a Camco 3/4" socket and an extended 3/4" socket which I use most of the time. Sure makes putting the stabilizers down and up so easy. I level the Minnie before deploying the stabilizers.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:15 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Our 2020 2306BHS came with an electric tongue jack and manual stabilizing jacks. I can’t imagine this thing ever having electric levelers, but I guess anything is possible.
pmglidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:49 AM   #17
His name is Bunker

our 2021 2306BHS came with electric stabilizers.. used them like 4-6 times and the front drivers side stabilizer motor crapped out.... its under warranty but come on... I tried to google them to find one... no one has them...I dropped it off at the dealer and told him I couldn't fond a replacement... he said ... ya not gunna.. winnebago makes them... no aftermarket replacements available ... the cordless drill is the way to go... and a lot faster deployment in my opinion.
Bueller427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:34 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Same happened to me. My 2100BH was supposed to have electric stabilizers, but they were manual. The good news was I actually preferred the manual stabilizers. I use my battery powered drill with a socket like bigbird. Less likely to break and still very easy to use.
FlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:53 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
Same happened to me. My 2100BH was supposed to have electric stabilizers, but they were manual. The good news was I actually preferred the manual stabilizers. I use my battery powered drill with a socket like bigbird. Less likely to break and still very easy to use.
Manual with a drill motor is the best way.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks