Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2020, 02:00 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Not if your water is chlorinated

If you’re on city water that is chlorinated, I wouldn’t worry about it. We don’t drain ours between monthly trips and have never had a problem. Tanks are in dark places so algae is not going to grow without sunlight, and the chlorine has already killed the germs in the water lines before you put it in your tank.

If you’re still worried, but a refrigerator filter on the cold side of the kitchen faucet for cooking and drinking.

QUOTE=RDP;3862661]I have 30 days until my next RV trailer camping trip, should I drain the water tank, water heater and open water line drain valves? What is the best practice when the trailer sits more than 30 days between trips. I don't want to have to re-sanitize the water system. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Joette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water