Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2019, 08:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

dexter torsion lift kits ?

I have always disliked that my 2016FBS trailer sat so low to the ground .
Yesterday I used a lift kit to raise it 3 inches , so far so good . Kinda easy , once I learned a few tricks . Took two hours on first axle and one hour on the next . A word of caution if considering the same lift . The standard lift kit for a tandem axle has wrong hole spacing on some units . Some are 8 inch spacing , some are 9 inch spacing . Measure before placing order . I ended up buying two single axle kits to get the 9 inch bolt spacing . On the E-Trailer site a customer had put that warning , I am glad that I read it before starting !
Wakullabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
Site Team

Your mod doesn't apply to me, I have a motorhome, but I was curious. I've heard of folks raising their TT by flipping the axles. Was that not an option for your trailer?
Old 08-23-2019, 11:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Torsion axles can not be flipped . The axle does not move , only the torsion arm moves .
Old 09-04-2019, 04:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

We just bought a 2018 2106 FBS Yes, it is low to the ground. How much was the kit please? Is this kit all that Winnebago is doing to the new ones to lift them? Or are they doing something that is better than your lift kit? Seems like the new ones all get a lifted trailer plus Polar package as standard now. Thanks for the info.

Zale in San Antonio.
zpletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I bought from E- Trailer , I believe it was $160 plus change . I have put 2500 miles on them in the last two weeks. They are a big improvement in my mind . If thinking of ordering read the above post about spacing .
A tip that I learned the hard way , when removing the original bolts leave the bolts in very loose on the side that you are not working on so the assemble will not twist and/or move sideways .