Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-18-2021, 08:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Cover for Micro-Minnie

I cannot find a cover for my Micro-Minnie. All are standard 8' wide and 8' tall. Anyone know of a company that makes a cover for the smaller Micro-Minnie?
zoocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:03 AM   #2
Site Team

Can't help you with that... but are you positive you want a cover for your TT?

Do some searching on www.irv2.com for opinions about covers. It may change your mind about finding one, or maybe it will just confirm your search is necessary.

New RV owners seem to instantly think of covering their rigs. But the vast majority do not take this step and many that do buy a cover end up unhappy with it and not using it after year one or two.

Look around any RV storage lot - you'll see very few covered travel trailers.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:54 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have been considering the same for my 2108DS. And I have in the past done the research you suggest and have read the pros and cons. It seems tor that a good compromise is to at least get the top of your RV covered. Just keeping moisture, sun, debris, etc. off of the top seems to be a good compromise from wrapping the whole thing in a plastic bag. But I have no room to put up a roof. I am thinking of doing a large tarp over the top and tie it down. Silly idea? I can take it if you tell me I’m crazy :-)
KeithB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 03:48 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Put me on the side of pro-cover. My home is in a wooded area and have my MM parked on a pad next to my house. The reason(s) I cover it are many...

Spring: Pollen can be very heavy at times. After it rains (and dries), the pollen leaves a hard crusty residue that gets into every single crevice that only a power washer can remove. The cover is an awesome barrier and keep everything clean as I left it.

Summer: I don't cover it. My rig is under shade 98% of the time and I'm usually doing mods anyway.

Autumn/Winter: Leaves are falling along with the acorns. I cover the plastic vents and AC cover with bubble wrap and then the cover on top. They call dropping acorns "widowmakers" for a reason!

Finally, the ADCO cover I have is aesthetically pleasing as the color scheme blends in nicely with my surroundings. It takes less than an hour to put on. When I take it off, it's clean and ready to roll.

The prices here are a little high but you can see the color scheme. I got mine on Amazon as "used" item (it wasn't) for $110. Pretty good bargain.

https://www.rvcovers.com/collections...2227679420485#
Old 11-25-2021, 09:45 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Breathability is important, you don't want condensation to build up inside the cover. I've never used one, but, if I did, I think I'd opt for just covering the roof, making sure that it allowed for adequate ventilation. I see that commercial roof covers are available. This one claims to be breathable, but you'll need to do your research:

https://www.tekonsha.com/product/908...l-proportional

I'd also want to make sure I could deploy it without going on the roof.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 05:50 PM   #6
Site Team

I use a triple combination of wheel covers, a full-body cover, and a cheap tarp. The cheap tarp must be replaced at least twice per year. I find the combination to be effective in our 90 inches per year rainfall area:
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f265/covering-a-22m-355809.html
Eagle5