Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-18-2020, 08:56 AM   #1
Skypilot747-400

Closet metal rack Fell in 2201ds

my 2201DS, big closet in rear of unit has metal hanging rack screwed to ceiling. On trip yesterday fell with clothes. I do not think it was overloaded, know the rear of trailer get the roughest ride. Has anyone had this happen. Has about ten small screws in it, thinking maybe a size larger screw and use loctite
On screws. Wondering if any Minnie owners with metal type rack has had this experience. Thanks
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 02:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I ripped ours out by being a little exuberant in grabbing a jacket off a hanger and got the whole rack of clothes with it. I just drilled new smaller holes for the screws about 1/2" forward of the originals and screwed it back up. It's lasted for two years.

Does Loctite work on wood?
GaryS is offline   Reply With Quote