Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-03-2021, 02:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Change Toilet in Minnie 2529RG?

Hi Bob! I just became the owner of a new Minnie 2529. Ive currently got it set up (except for sewer) and camping on my driveway to get the “fix it” stuff done before i take it out on a real trip. I have got to change out the squeaky plastic toilet with a porcelain one. Any body done this yet on this model of trailer?
Any suggestions?
Wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:40 PM   #2
Site Team

I'm not sure if anyone can advise you exactly what toilet to replace yours with... but I can tell you that there are several KEY measurements you'll need to pay attention to. Unfortunately, there are no standard dimensions, except the main dump hole in the floor.

You should be aware of the current height of your toilet seat, it's shape (round or oval), the distance from the mounting screws in the floor to the wall behind the toilet and any obstructions in the wall or area behind your current toilet. You'll also need to be aware of the water plumbing on your existing toilet and how it will relate to your chosen new toilet.

Sometimes, the inexpensive plastic toilets used in RVs are pretty small and they are chosen to fix the space in a small bathroom. If yours is one of those it can be difficult to find a replacement that will fit your location and setup.

The Dometic 320 is a favorite of many folks, but it's fairly large and you need to measure carefully and read the size specs of the toilet carefully to be sure it will indeed fit. Lots of folks buy a new toilet only to be shocked to find that there is no way to install it in their bathroom.

The Dometic 320 needs ~11" from the toilet flange bolts to the wall so measure that distance carefully.

PS. I moved your question out of an existing thread. It did pertain to your model of TT but your specific question didn't fit that thread and it's always better to start a new thread to ask a new question than to tack your question onto someone else's thread.
Old 10-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi wingz…yes, I replaced the pathetic Dometic 300 toilet in our 2529RG. I put in an Thetford Aqua Magic Style II. The rough-in for a Dometic 310 is 10 inches. I did not have enough room, although some have been able to get the 310 to fit. If you scroll down about nine threads on this site, there is a thread I started “Minnie 2529RG travel trailer” Posts number 36 (from backtrack15) details his install of the 310 and post #40 my install with the Thetford. I added a slow close lid from Lowe’s. Found it east to replace the lid before installing the toilet.
Send me a PM if I can help.
travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingz View Post
Hi Bob! I just became the owner of a new Minnie 2529. Ive currently got it set up (except for sewer) and camping on my driveway to get the “fix it” stuff done before i take it out on a real trip. I have got to change out the squeaky plastic toilet with a porcelain one. Any body done this yet on this model of trailer?
Any suggestions?
Replaced our Dometic 300 with Dometic 310 porcelain with hand sprayer. Although the 310 spec 10.5” min from bolts to wall, ours was a bit less but fit perfectly with no room to spare to the back wall. We’re so much happier.
Old 10-03-2021, 06:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

marine359….
Jim, when I checked the 310, I just did not have the clearance Dometic recommended and I didn’t want to have to drive back and try to return the 310, that’s why I went with the Thetford. They porcelain toilet, either the 310 / 320 or the Thetford is a great alternative to the pathetic Dometic.
Semper Paratus
travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 06:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I replaced the Thedford plastic toilet with a Thedford Aquamagic Style 2 in my last RV and also added the hand sprayer......easy job, You might have to modify the water supply line.
I would stay away from Dometic as they have problems with the foot pedal mechanism breaking and you can' buy repair parts. Thedford sells every part and/or repair kits. Just google Dometic problems. Also, Thedford has installation instructions and dimensions online for every model.

Retired "Quiet Professional". Lifetime HSUS and ASPCA member and supporter.
71_340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:55 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I replaced thehorrible plastic toilet with a Dometic 310 (and added a bidet attachment) in my 2021 1800BH. The back of the toilet just barely clears the wall, but it works fine.
rstraz is offline   Reply With Quote