Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2021, 02:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Talking Black tank issue “ I think”

I’m so happy this forum is available for my use. I’ve gotten so much great advise and help. My latest query is:

I’ve been in my 2021 micro minnie #2108TB for over a week and I’m wondering if my black tank is clogged?
The meter read empty and there are no odors indicating it’s full, but it seems it should be reading at least partially full.

Any ideas or info would be great.y appreciated….
MaggieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 02:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

It's possible that the level sensors aren't working. It's also possible that you're still a bit below 1/3. There are a lot of variables when it comes to tank utilization. If you're quite sure that you've flushed more than 8 gallons, then you may well have a sensor issue.
Old 06-29-2021, 03:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you I will pay close attention and see about how much water goes in. I think your answer about not quite 1/3rd full yet is most likely. So greatful for your help.
MaggieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 02:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I have a MM 2108FBS. Here is what I do. I am fanatical about my black tank. Whenever I get home from a campout, and after I clean my trailer top to bottom, the first thing I do is fill a 5 gal bucket of freshwater and pour it down the toilet into the black tank. I then add my treatment packet. It is okay to have water in your black tank during storage. The movement of the water to/from storage and during travel to my next campsite helps the tank and sensors. When I arrive at the campsite I go immediately to the dump station and flush the black tank water and then do several black tank flushes with freshwater. I typically do a 4-5 day outing and usually arrive on a Tuesday or Wednesday so the dump station is never busy. I follow this routine religiously and I have never had an issue with my black tank sensors. Obviously I do the same cleaning routine on my way out of the campsite as well. The important thing, I think, is to prefill your tank before you go to storage. This has worked really well for me. Food for thought....
cjbbgmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:31 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Smile

Quote:
" I then add my treatment packet. It is okay to have water in your black tank during storage. The movement of the water to/from storage and during travel to my next campsite helps the tank and sensors."
Ditto. Running down the road with a small amount of water and some hydrochloric acid treatment packs is the best way to never develop sedimentation problems in your black water tank. There is a good reason why bile is acidic and anywhere that waste is held needs to be flushed with what is essentially a bilious solution regularly. The old way of doing it was to purchase septic tank treatment by the gallon, but today the drop in treatment pacs are easy to get and simple to use. Do not use them in combination with chlorine bleach unless you are doing a reenactment of the battle of the Somme!

Not doing regular treatments can lead to having your trailer permanently constipated. Eventually the build up will lead to a black water system that weighs heavy and sags and cannot properly drain.

If you do not have a macerator or flush jet system then a few bags of ice cubes can help break up clumps of crap. Run it down the road less than a third full with a treatment pack and ice cubes washing around. The ice will quickly melt and won't hurt anything as long as the cubes are not too large in the first place.
reeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank