Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-17-2020, 04:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Andersen Levelers on a 1708FB

We have never had a tandem axle trailer before and I'm wondering if an Andersen Leveler will fit between the tires on a 1706FB/1708FB? If not, are there any alternatives besides a stack of 2x6s? Thanks!
sreckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

This is an alternative, and they say up to 4" can be cut off if needed. Unfortunately I haven't tried them yet because they arrived after lockdown.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 05-18-2020, 09:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I had to cut some off of mine to fit between the tires of my 2306bhs.

It worked fine. I love the Anderson levelers
pmglidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 12:36 PM   #4
RDP
Utah 2306BHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmglidden View Post
I had to cut some off of mine to fit between the tires of my 2306bhs.

It worked fine. I love the Anderson levelers
You just have to cut off 3-4 inches on one not both if your using 2 for tandem axles.
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have two planks 2x10 and 5’ long with bevels cut on the ends. Usually one plank on on side will get the camper level. I may have had to use both on one side, maybe once. I generally only camp at campgrounds and have never needed more to level the camper. I have found that if the bubble on the level is anywhere between the lines, it’s close enough.
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:17 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Another vote for the Beech Lane levelers, this will be our third season using them and they are easy to use and work very well. When I bought our set of two, I did not get the rubber mats with them but back then they were half the price of what they are selling for today.

I was concerned with the Beech Lane levelers “skidding” or “kicking out” when setting up, also I needed some additional leveling blocks for additional height and also under the tongue jack and stabilizers. What I bought, to solve these issues, is a horse stall mat that I purchased at Runnings, also they have them at Tractor Supply and other farm stores.

The mat was 4’ wide by 6’ long and ¾” thick tire rubber. I first cut it into 6 - 8” wide strips by 6’ long and kept one strip and then cut the remaining 5 strips into 8” squares giving me 45 leveling pads. The mat is heavy around a 100 lbs. but is a small fraction of the price of the “plastic blocks” and unlike the plastic the rubber has great grip and will never break.

The 6’ long strip works perfectly under the Beech Lane levelers especially on hard surfaces or ground with rocks or stones and unlike wood it can be rolled up. I once had to put two layers of the square pads under the strip and with the levelers gave me around 6” of lift, with more than enough pads left over for under the tongue jack and stabilizers.

Since our 2108DS has the 14” wheels, I did not have to cut off the end of the leveler used between the tires, with the 15” wheels on the newer Micro Minnies that leveler may have to be trimmed at the end as others have already mentioned.

Also, instead of the “anti-slip” tape that Beech Lane provided I used 4” wide 3M Safety Walk tape not only on the top of the levelers but also wrapped it around and attached it to the bottom of each of the levelers and it still looks new.

And of course you can use the rubber strip / pads alone to level with and the original stall mat is cheaper than other levelers.

Brian

Old 05-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2018 micro Minnie, and so far I've used the Andersen levelers in a variety of situations, including uneven mountain terrain, without needing to trim them. the fit is tight, but possible.
KGs2108DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:41 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Camco has a similar product to the Anderson’s that are shorter and do fit between the axles of ours. We’ve not had any issues with them.
JuneP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
levelers