Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-22-2021, 01:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Aluminum wheel wells popped out

The aluminum wheel well popped out of place on the right side of my 2019 2100bh. I noticed it while doing the bearings a few days ago. The left side appeared secure but several screws already popped out.

I removed the tires, replaced the thin metal screws with new ones that were a slightly larger diameter, cleaned the panel and used a rubber mallet to get it back in place. I then took some rubber undercoating type spray and sprayed that into the wheel well seams to make it a little harder and road grime make its way in.

While underneath, I wondered if the "all seasons" insulation will cause more trouble then its worth. Had anyone removed it and not regretted it?

Either way, check your wheel wells! Had I not got in there, I easily could have ruined something with water if it was ignored all season.

I also had a couple bolts shear off on the plastic wheel well arch, so I removed it and cleaned off the old caulking and replaced it with new caulk and new screws.
McTrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

To follow up on this, the undercoating spray has held up quite well. The reseating and securing the aluminum well and cover spray has lessened the humidity and moisture intrusion into the camper at the wheel wells.

Highly recommend 👍
McTrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 04:33 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrailer View Post
To follow up on this, the undercoating spray has held up quite well. The reseating and securing the aluminum well and cover spray has lessened the humidity and moisture intrusion into the camper at the wheel wells.

Highly recommend 👍
Thanks for posting. I was thinking about doing this same exact thing.