Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
RDP
Utah 2306BHS

Adventure & Convenience Package

Thought I would post this information I found about what is included in the
Adventure and Convenience Packages.

Adventure Package
NXG Engineered Chassis | Exterior Fiberglass Sidewalls | 13.5 BTU A/C | Microwave | Gas/Electric Refrigerator | 6 Gallon Gas/Electric/DSI Water Heater | Aluminum Wheel Assemblies | Power Awning with LED Lighting | Roof Mount Solar Charger Prep | Power Tongue Jack | Stainless Steel Flush Mount Three Burner Range with Glass Top & Oven | 15" Offroad Tire/Axle Lift | 3700lb. Torsion Axles | LED Exterior Lighting | Heated & Enclosed Tanks | Extreme Weather Foil Wrapping | TPO Roof | Gel-Coat Fiberglass Front Cap

Convenience Package
AV System AM/FM/CD/DVD/USB/Bluetooth, USB Charge Ports, TV Antenna, Exterior Speakers, LED TV, Backup Camera Prep, Wifi Prep, Wireless Cell Phone Charger
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:40 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Good info thanks.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 04:45 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Very pleased to see that Winn. is now using Azdel in the sidewalls of the new Voyage line of travel trailers and really surprised that they don't advertise it more.
Since Coachmen started using it about 7 or 8 years ago they have not had a single delam.
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone else noticed that the features listed in these “Packages” are listed as “Standard Features” in Winnebago’s brochures? Some dealers are charging over $3,000 for each package for features which are standard! What am I missing?
T00lman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:22 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00lman View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the features listed in these “Packages” are listed as “Standard Features” in Winnebago’s brochures? Some dealers are charging over $3,000 for each package for features which are standard! What am I missing?
Sounds like a case could be made for fraud.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:33 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

My thoughts exactly. We are looking at a Micro Minnie 2108TB. The invoice lists “Adventure Package” $3,045 and “Convenience Package” $3,045. When I researched the features offered in these “packages”, they are all already included from the manufacturer as “Standard”. How do you like your 2108DS?
Old 07-27-2021, 11:36 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00lman View Post
The RV world is crazy. I think my Micro Minnie has the stickers for two or three packages on the side by the door. All of which were mandatory packages. So while they were "packages", they were also "standard" in the sense that you could not get a Micro Minnie from the factory without them. As I recall, the build sheet from Winnebago had a base price and then the packages were extra. The dealer gets a form from Winnebago for each unit that includes the VIN, the packages (with MSRP prices), and the shipping cost to the dealer. If you're seriously looking at a unit, you might ask to see this form. Some dealers post them online (like a car's window sticker).

If Honda did it for the Accord it might be something like:

Base 2022 Accord = $21000
Convenience package - wheels, tires, engine = $6000
Comfort package - seats, doors, windows = $3000
Style package - painted exterior = $2000
Lighting package - headlights, taillights = $2000

MSRP = $34000. It's a crazy way to highlight basic/essential features.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:37 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Had it for 9 months and have taken six trips. Still getting used some quirkiness of the design, but the build quality has been great. No warranty issues that I couldn’t fix myself. Still upgrading. This week, easy start.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:40 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I never got a msrp sticker. Since I pretty much knew what dealer invoice was, I just negotiated from there.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:54 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
I never got a msrp sticker. Since I pretty much knew what dealer invoice was, I just negotiated from there.
I don't know what the real invoice is, but I'm guessing it's normally about 50%-60% of MSRP.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:20 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

When I was in the business, ( a long time ago) dealer invoice on travel trailers was 35-38% off MSRP. This doesn’t include incentives, flooring rebates, etc. so the dealer really pays about 5% less than dealer invoice. Dealer invoice on motorhomes were 40-50% off msrp with DPs at the higher end. If dealer won’t show you his invoice, just make an offer $2,000 - $3,000 over what you believe invoice to be. MSRP on my 2108ds was $32,500. I paid $23,000. But I don’t think you can negotiate that kind of deal today. I bought before the shortages hit. And it took me 3 weeks to find and negotiate the deal. You can’t pull it off if you order, only can do it on in-stock inventory.
Old 07-27-2021, 02:31 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Interesting

Hi
Well that' s interesting my invoice list these two packages as additional line items with a charge on my 2021 Minnie TT 2401rg. The side of the trailer by the door shows two stickers they are Explorer package and Comfort Tech. So first off not sure how the invoice lines up to those packages? Second thing is I can' t find an official spot online that lists what comes in the packages. Also I do not have 15 inch tire and wheels on my trailer which seems to be listed as being part of the explorer package and the Adventure package? Looks like maybe I need to call Winnebago.
DaveS5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 02:46 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

If you have an early 2021 model, they were playing around with different axles & wheels. They come standard with 15” wheels now.
Old 07-27-2021, 03:21 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Yes,
I was unfortunate enough to get 2,500lb axles, so my sticker says 5,000lb GVWR. It wasn’t on my radar because the brochure said 6,000 lbs, and silly me never checked the DOT sticker. But I do have 15” wheels. There was a period of about 6 months when WBGO switched to Dexter axles, and the marketing people thought it was a good idea to market a low GVWR. Newer ones have 3,000lb Dexter axles, and WBGO markets a 5500lb GVWR even though the newer trailer could actually have been given a 6,000lb GVWR. I called WBGO, and they said don’t be concerned. However when I have to travel with both waste tanks full, as well as a full fresh tank, I get a bit worried.
Old 07-27-2021, 03:52 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
Yes,
I was unfortunate enough to get 2,500lb axles, so my sticker says 5,000lb GVWR. It wasn’t on my radar because the brochure said 6,000 lbs, and silly me never checked the DOT sticker. But I do have 15” wheels. There was a period of about 6 months when WBGO switched to Dexter axles, and the marketing people thought it was a good idea to market a low GVWR. Newer ones have 3,000lb Dexter axles, and WBGO markets a 5500lb GVWR even though the newer trailer could actually have been given a 6,000lb GVWR. I called WBGO, and they said don’t be concerned. However when I have to travel with both waste tanks full, as well as a full fresh tank, I get a bit worried.
If it REALLY bothers you, you can always replace the axles. I expect WBGO would sell them to you for cost if you pull the right levers (the mere fact that they only built them this way for 60-90 days is acknowledgment that it was stupid). It wouldn't change the sticker on the trailer, but it might give you peace of mind.
Old 08-19-2021, 01:21 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Versatility Package

Does anyone know what the versatility package is?
Atanchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 07:51 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
Thought I would post this information I found about what is included in the
Adventure and Convenience Packages.

Adventure Package
NXG Engineered Chassis | Exterior Fiberglass Sidewalls | 13.5 BTU A/C | Microwave | Gas/Electric Refrigerator | 6 Gallon Gas/Electric/DSI Water Heater | Aluminum Wheel Assemblies | Power Awning with LED Lighting | Roof Mount Solar Charger Prep | Power Tongue Jack | Stainless Steel Flush Mount Three Burner Range with Glass Top & Oven | 15" Offroad Tire/Axle Lift | 3700lb. Torsion Axles | LED Exterior Lighting | Heated & Enclosed Tanks | Extreme Weather Foil Wrapping | TPO Roof | Gel-Coat Fiberglass Front Cap

Convenience Package
AV System AM/FM/CD/DVD/USB/Bluetooth, USB Charge Ports, TV Antenna, Exterior Speakers, LED TV, Backup Camera Prep, Wifi Prep, Wireless Cell Phone Charger

My 2021 1708FB came with both of these Packages but with the following exceptions:

I have these:

-100W solar panel and controller
-battery disconnect switch

I don't have this:

-Stainless Steel Flush Mount Three Burner Range with Glass Top & Oven
(mine is black and has no oven).

Maybe the microwave/convection oven substitutes for the oven under the Range?

Regardless, we really like out 1708FB.....after I removed several of the very sharp door pulls and swapped out the very bright LED interior lights for dimmable LED lights.

Tags
vent