Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2022, 08:45 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Additional Propane outlet 2017 Micro Minnie 2106FBS

Hello All,

I would like to add a 2nd low pressure external propane outlet for a second appliance.

Our 2017 2106 is plumbed with rubber hoses with a junction block on the frame between the tandem axles.

The rear of this junction block has a 3/8" MPT threaded plug installed. If a rear bumper mounted BBQ was included is this the take off where it would have be plumbed from?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Propane Junction.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	183233  
Bcborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 09:29 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I would think this would be the place to hook it up. Just find the right parts.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:07 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

If I read you correctly and this would be tying the new connection into the line between the existing connection and the reg at the tank AND you have verified your current grill works on the existing connection, then the same grill setup should work at the new connection.
The basic idea I go by is that most of the time we only want one reg cutting the pressure down from the high tank pressure to what we use at the grill.
IF we have a grill that works as a stand alone pressure wise, we are okay but if we have a grill that has a reg on it and we try to use it running through the tank reg as well as the grill reg,we don't get what we want.
In my view it depends on which grill you want to use it with. If it has a reg setup that has to be used on the grill , I find I need to tie in BEFORE the reg at the tank.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:27 AM   #4
Site Team

Just a quick note here to ask members to please provide complete info about their motorhome, travel trailer or 5th Wheel when asking for info or help.

Rather than posting about your 2017 2106 it would be super if everyone included the complete info about your RV... 2017 Micro Minnie 2106FBS.

Better still is putting that info in your Signature on your Profile. Then you don't have to remember to include the info because it will be shown in all of your posts.

Here's how to add this info to your Signature:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EditSignature.png
Views:	45
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	183234  
Old 06-17-2022, 01:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

If you already have a low pressure propane outlet with a quick disconnect, why not just connect a QD splitter to it. I have a splitter for that very reason. It gives me two QD outlets. No tools required.
Old 06-17-2022, 05:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
If you already have a low pressure propane outlet with a quick disconnect, why not just connect a QD splitter to it. I have a splitter for that very reason. It gives me two QD outlets. No tools required.
My impression is that he wants it in a different location and probably doesn't want long hoses snaking about.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:48 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
My impression is that he wants it in a different location and probably doesn't want long hoses snaking about.
Yes that's the purpose.

I would like a takeoff at the rear of the trailer as I don't want to have to run a line from the front to the rear along the ground.

My RV dealer has the 3/8" propane lines will look to find a single outlet or tee (like the original takeoff at front) that can be mounted to the frame and then I can install the RV quick disconnect.
Old 06-21-2022, 06:16 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn View Post
Hello All,

I would like to add a 2nd low pressure external propane outlet for a second appliance.

Our 2017 2106 is plumbed with rubber hoses with a junction block on the frame between the tandem axles.

The rear of this junction block has a 3/8" MPT threaded plug installed. If a rear bumper mounted BBQ was included is this the take off where it would have be plumbed from?
Does anyone have a factory Bumper Mounted BBQ on their Micro Minnie and what parts does the trailer have for the rear propane outlet?

I'm thinking their must be some kind of bulkhead adapter/distribution fitting for the RV quick disconnect.

Please post pictures of your setup.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Micro Minnie Propane distribution block.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	183291  
Old 06-21-2022, 06:52 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Does anyone have a factory Bumper Mounted BBQ on their Micro Minnie?
See, the "factory" options are only on the factory option list in the brochure. So, if none of the brochures list a factory mounted BBQ option then... there isn't one.

I know some travel trailers, such as Arctic Fox and Outdoors RV list those as options but, I've not ever seen these as item listed on the Micro Minnie brochures.

That doesn't mean you can't create your own. I know my Arctic Fox TTs both had mounting rails on the side of the RV and a propane quick connect nearby underneath the RV. All I had to do was buy a suitable BBQ Grill and hose and I was all set. Some models had a swing out arm on the bumper with the grill premounted and you could swing it out past the TT and you were just about all set.

I've just never seen that on a Micro Minnie - though I haven't seen all years and maybe some older models had such a setup.
Old 06-21-2022, 09:23 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I wasn't sure if it was an option back in 2017. Yes I have seen it on the Forest River units.

My old trailer had a hole drilled in the frame and a bulkhead adapter installed and plumbed in copper from front takeoff to rear.

I may have to contact Winnebago and see if the front takeoff (frame mounted Tee) is available via parts.

I could plumb in the bulkhead in the second picture if I could find it close to home.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bulkhead Fitting.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	183296   Click image for larger version

Name:	90 deg Bulkhead.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	183297  

Old 06-27-2022, 01:27 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Anyone with this aluminum manifold on their unit and have you tried to remove the rearward plug. I want to replace the plug with an appropriate propane line to tie into my new rear bulkhead fitting

I put a box end wrench on it to undo it (5 years old) and it would not budge. Thought maybe I could drain the propane lines and then apply a little heat with my propane torch and then try again. OR use my breaker bar with a socket.

I didn't want to break anything so thought I had better ask for advice here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Micro Minnie Propane distribution block.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	183331   Click image for larger version

Name:	propane Bulkhead.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	183332  

Old 07-01-2022, 02:39 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Got It, 3/8" Male plug removed.

Couple days of good penetrant, 11/16" half inch drive six point socket and a little elbow grease and out it came.

Took a few pounds of torque to break it loose, but no damage
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Plug Removed.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	183413  
Old 07-10-2022, 11:30 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Anyone with this aluminum manifold on their unit and have you tried to remove the rearward plug. I want to replace the plug with an appropriate propane line to tie into my new rear bulkhead fitting

I put a box end wrench on it to undo it (5 years old) and it would not budge. Thought maybe I could drain the propane lines and then apply a little heat with my propane torch and then try again. OR use my breaker bar with a socket.

I didn't want to break anything so thought I had better ask for advice here.
So, was it actually a "3/8" MPT threaded plug"? Do you have a picture of your final setup? I have a manifold is at the rear of my TT, and I was thinking about doing the same thing for my generator.
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 12:35 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Hunter View Post
So, was it actually a "3/8" MPT threaded plug"? Do you have a picture of your final setup? I have a manifold is at the rear of my TT, and I was thinking about doing the same thing for my generator.
Yes this was a 3/8 NPT Plug.

I bought a 5 foot hose on Amazon

Char-Broil Propane Hose, 5-Feet

3/8 in. NPT x 3/8 in. SAE Flare x 60 in. long

I ran the hose over the rear axle and secured as was done by Winnebago for the feed line from regulator to manifold.

The Bulkhead as shown above was 1/4 in. NPT and I purchased a 1/4 NPT x 3/8 in SAE Flare Adapter to reduce the hose down.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Manifold Tie-In.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	183571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Outlet.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	183572  

Tags
propane