Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-19-2020, 09:04 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucsontoy View Post
<clip> The red is the positive and will carry the current needed. For the most part, the black has no current. <clip>
It is my understanding in a series circuit the current is constant everywhere, it's just the electrons have had the "work ability" taken out of them by the load. Correct understanding on my part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
<clip> The WFCO8955 is supposedly able to crank out 55 amps. In order to push that many amps the round trip to the battery and back, I'd have to install 1 gauge cable (!) to only have a 3% voltage drop. <clip>
Does the converter really use that much current to charge the battery? I thought the excess capacity of the converter was to run lights and other 12V circuitry (e.g., fridge control board, CO/smoke detector) but not the slide motor or power jack as they draw too much current; that is the job of the battery.